[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade vs. Butler game 2  (Read 27258 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Wade vs. Butler game 2
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:15:54 PM »
Well, Wade already acted out getting a technical for throwing a ball at Belinelli. Jimmy already with a couple of boards and a 3.

🏀

• All American
Re: Wade vs. Butler game 2
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
This game being played in London, cuz it's a T-Party.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »
This game has made me hate the Heat even more than I normally do. That and their PA announcer is the most obnoxious one in all of basketball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »
This game has made me hate the Heat even more than I normally do. That and their PA announcer is the most obnoxious one in all of basketball.

The correlation between hatred of team and how good they are is usually extremely high. 

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
Ughh, Bulls fans.

How many of the Bulls fans that are cheering their team's tough gritty play, were the same ones in late 80s early 90s that were crying when the Pistons were constantly knocking MJ and Scottie on their a**es?

The Heat are a great team. Nobody besides Bulls fans wants to see them get beat by a less talented team clutching, grabbing, and elbowing their way through the series.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
Ughh, Bulls fans.

How many of the Bulls fans that are cheering their team's tough gritty play, were the same ones in late 80s early 90s that were crying when the Pistons were constantly knocking MJ and Scottie on their a**es?

The Heat are a great team. Nobody besides Bulls fans wants to see them get beat by a less talented team clutching, grabbing, and elbowing their way through the series.

Bulls fans want to see their favorite team win. I agree, how awful of them.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:01:28 PM »
Ughh, Bulls fans.

This.

And Jimmy the Butts just got highlight reeled by Bron's behind the back dish to Jesus Shuttleworth.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »
Ughh, Bulls fans.

At least 100%
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »
Ughh, Bulls fans.

This is such BS. Most people cant stand the Heat. Bunch of whiners.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »

I guess whining about it helps... ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »

All of my friends voted for "X", I can't figure out why he lost.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
For all the Heat/Wade haters on the issue of whining:
From this game whining:
James 1
Chalmers 3
Noah 2
Robinson 3
Gibson 2
Looks like the real whiners here were Bulls.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

Are "most people" you are referencing residing in Illinois or New York?

I would argue that most people that hate the Heat are fans that feel jilted because Wade and/or Lebron didn't pick their team. Bulls fans top this list.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
It would appear the Bulls are suffering the consequences of pulling on Superman's cape.      Fairly predictable. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »

False.  People respect Lebron.  The vitriol is generally gone.  But the Heat are FAR from loved.  Who honestly would root against the underdog in this series? 

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 09:16:51 PM »
False.  People respect Lebron.  The vitriol is generally gone.  But the Heat are FAR from loved.  Who honestly would root against the underdog in this series? 

Me, and anyone who is a fan of great basketball. What the Bulls have to do to win this series is the opposite of great basketball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »
Me, and anyone who is a fan of great basketball. What the Bulls have to do to win this series is the opposite of great basketball.

+1. 

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »

?

What about the Nets series and game 1 was not great basketball?  Playing great defense is what they would have to do win this series.  The Bulls are one of the best defensive teams in the league.  No one else has two big guys who can switch on screens and guard perimeter players.  They also have two wing players who can hold their own as well as anyone else against elite scorers like Wade/James.  They also have a pretty good defensive PG in Hinrich.

They would also have to get healthy to win this series...

You are literally the first person I have heard that does not appreciate the way the Bulls are winning.  The national media is loving the Bulls and Steph Curry right now.  Objectively, I think Curry's emergence and the Bulls team play/defense is the story of the playoffs and the most entertaining thing to watch. 

You can root for the Heat if that is your squad.  They are clearly the better team and should have swept the Bulls.  But the Bulls are playing great basketball right now except for game 1 against Brooklyn and tonight.  I really don't get the hate.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »

Yes, and most people loved the Isiah-Worm-Laimbeer Pistons.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
?

What about the Nets series and game 1 was not great basketball?  Playing great defense is what they would have to do win this series.  The Bulls are one of the best defensive teams in the league.  No one else has two big guys who can switch on screens and guard perimeter players.  They also have two wing players who can hold their own as well as anyone else against elite scorers like Wade/James.  They also have a pretty good defensive PG in Hinrich.

You are literally the first person I have heard that does not appreciate the way the Bulls are winning.  The national media is loving the Bulls and Steph Curry right now.  Objectively, I think Curry's emergence and the Bulls team play/defense is the story of the playoffs and the most entertaining thing to watch. 

You can root for the Heat if that is your squad.  They are clearly the better team and should have swept the Bulls.  But the Bulls are playing great basketball right now except for game 1 against Brooklyn and tonight.  I really don't get the hate.

People are loving the Bulls because they are the underdog and play hard.  But they beat a more talented, and disinterested bunch in the Nets...that was hardly a good basketball series.

A Heat v. anyone out of the west is the Finals series I am rooting for.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 09:43:28 PM »

People are loving the Bulls because they are the underdog and play hard.  But they beat a more talented, and disinterested bunch in the Nets...that was hardly a good basketball series.

Game 4 was one of the best games I have ever seen.  But you are right, it was overachievers vs. underachievers.

I loved that series for Jimmy showing that he can guard PGs in the NBA when he covered Deron Williams.  Thibs hadn't used him much on PGs like Buzz did against Xavier a few years ago. 

What do you honestly do if you are Brooklyn now?  You couldn't beat the Bulls third string and you now bring back aging stars on big contracts for the next few years. 

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »
?

First, you need to get away from Chicago if I am the first person you have heard that doesn't appreciate the way the Bulls are winning.

Second, from your posts on all things Bulls, I'm not sure you are capable of "objectively" looking at the NBA.

Finally, the Heat aren't "my squad", but I am a Wade fan (obviously) and I am also a fan of great basketball. I would hate to see the Heat get tripped up by a team with average talent that uses physical play to drag their opponents down to their level.

I will concede that Nate Robinson's performance was exciting and received much positive media love. Although Nate Robinson also annoys the crap out of me, and contributes to my dislike of this Bulls team (JFB aside).

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
First, you need to get away from Chicago if I am the first person you have heard that doesn't appreciate the way the Bulls are winning.

Second, from your posts on all things Bulls, I'm not sure you are capable of "objectively" looking at the NBA.

Finally, the Heat aren't "my squad", but I am a Wade fan (obviously) and I am also a fan of great basketball. I would hate to see the Heat get tripped up by a team with average talent that uses physical play to drag their opponents down to their level.

I will concede that Nate Robinson's performance was exciting and received much positive media love. Although Nate Robinson also annoys the crap out of me, and contributes to my dislike of this Bulls team (JFB aside).

1.)  I don't live in Illinois...  I have literally heard zero negative things in the national media about the Bulls before tonight (besides come back now Derrick stories).  Can you cite anything?

2.) Not which post(s) you are talking about, but that's fine.  I do like them and respect the way they play.  At full strength I think that they would have a great shot at a title.  Even given that, I do try to back up my points if I am trying to make one and not just assert things.

3.)  That's cool.  I LOVE seeing upsets.  I don't think the Heat's elimination would make the Finals less exciting.  Maybe David Stern wouldn't like it, but Chicago or Indiana against Memphis would actually be great hoops with both teams interior defense.  Really any matchup that does not include the Knicks would be exciting.

Also, the Bulls are in no way dirtier than the Heat.  I figured that is what you were suggesting.  There really aren't any dirty teams in my opinion.  When the Bulls beat the Heat it is because of their rebounding and defense.  Hinrich had that one foul on James in the regular season which was not that bad and James gave Boozer a shot back.  Birdman was roughing people up tonight.  Maybe there is evidence that the Bulls are somehow playing dirty, but I think you will find that the evidence is just not there.   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 10:09:53 PM »
False.  People respect Lebron.  The vitriol is generally gone.  But the Heat are FAR from loved.  Who honestly would root against the underdog in this series?  

I am, and have no problem admitting it.  Though I don't care about the NBA and won't be watching, but I would like to see Miami win.

I find Bulls fans complaining about Miami whining to be rather funny.....watching Rodman, Pippen, Michael, etc whine back in the day was commonplace. 

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 10:25:10 PM »
I find Bulls fans complaining about Miami whining to be rather funny.....watching Rodman, Pippen, Michael, etc whine back in the day was commonplace. 

+1

I wish there was a way to stop it without ejecting all the good players and ruining the game.  Allowing good players to whine to the officials is the best option of bad options in my opinion. 

In the moment the opposing team's whining drives me and many nuts.  It definitively reveals negative character flaws in that moment for some reason for almost every fan.