[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199802 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #1000 on: May 06, 2019, 06:33:21 PM »
ayyyyy  it was really really bad again!  Love the people throwing in their two cents that they liked it.  I bet you guys like fireworks and glitter too.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1001 on: May 06, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »
ayyyyy  it was really really bad again!  Love the people throwing in their two cents that they liked it.  I bet you guys like fireworks and glitter too.

Hated last night’s episode
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: May 06, 2019, 08:58:01 PM »
I think somehow Jamie is going to die enroute to Cersei, Arya will get his face, and then she will kill Cersei.

That's what I think is going to happen too.

Also, regarding this episode. Meh. Others have highlighted many of the points. Particularly, the twist (Euron), and how unrealistic it was.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: May 06, 2019, 09:07:35 PM »
Hate what sansas become. The starks are about honor and Loyalty and then boom she breaks her path to Jon like 10min later. She does nothing to indicate she cares about her people "were down here because were useless" they've turned her into a mini northern littlefinger scheming to get all the power.

I hope she ends up stuck in the vale nursing her cousin/husband lamenting life

Sansa turned on her family in the first season (or first book: Third Eddard chapter), where she refused to tell the truth regarding what happened with Arya and Joffrey. She was trying to protect her chance at the throne then, and she still is now. Lady symbolically died, because she chose power over family (Starks).

Sansa let her people die in the battle of the bastards, by not securing the Knights of the Vale earlier, so she could protect her possible power.

She was directly in character in this episode. She is a mini Cersei.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: May 06, 2019, 10:45:36 PM »
Decent episode.  It still is getting to play out too much like fan fiction.  The Jamie/Brienne path, the cheesy Sam/Gilly scene with Jon.

REALLY didn't like them cutting away from Bran revealing the truth about Jon to Sansa and Arya.  Starks are so close and tight, that revelation has been building for the entire series, so not see the reaction was disappointing.

So Bronn just teleports to the North and sneaks past EVERYONE to kick in the door on Tyrion and Jamie?  Ok.

There were no scouting ships?  Just Dany and the Dragons, who again are flying stupidly low and not taking any advantage of being high in the sky?  Also, these magical ships of Euron are getting a bit much.  Neither Dragon or Dany noticed A WHOLE FLEET of ships until they shoot a perfect laser into a moving target.  I get they are developing dragon-killing crossbows, but the first two shots were laser guided missiles, come on.  And how come every Navy in the kingdom isn't using them if they explode ships like that?

Jon and Ghost also made no sense.  In the books Ghost is his shadow.  Literally never leaves his side.  But he goes off into the wilderness with just a Jerimiah Johnson head nod?

That being said.  The ending 15-20 minutes was fantastic.  The dialogue and acting between Tyrion and Ceresi was fantastic.  Seeing her nearly break before returning to ruthlessness is always enjoyable to watch.  Episode 5 is supposed to be HEAVY.

(and yes, I enjoyed the episode.  Its just frustrating how lazy the writing has been at times)

Many reasonable points here. I'll add something that I thought while watching:

Cersei has absolutely no decency. Why wouldn't she have just had her minions rain arrows down on Tyrion, Dany, Jon, etc.? They were sitting ducks. Would have ended the war before it began (which of course is why she didn't).

Like you, despite some warts, I nevertheless enjoyed the episode. Others who didn't, that's cool. Not sure why they don't watch something "good" instead.

As for who kills Cersei, I really like the Arya with Jaime's face idea. Still, part of me thinks, "Arya killed the Night King and now she's gonna kill Cersei, too? What is this, Game of Arya?"

And I've been saying Gendry is my darkhorse candidate for the throne.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: May 06, 2019, 10:59:31 PM »

Cersei has absolutely no decency. Why wouldn't she have just had her minions rain arrows down on Tyrion, Dany, Jon, etc.? They were sitting ducks. Would have ended the war before it began (which of course is why she didn't).

My thought too. The character of Cersei would have killed them all right there. War over. She don't give a damn.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1006 on: May 06, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »
Tyrion came into range of the arrows. The rest of the party didn't.....though those scorpions on the wall....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: May 06, 2019, 11:10:38 PM »
Many reasonable points here. I'll add something that I thought while watching:

Like you, despite some warts, I nevertheless enjoyed the episode. Others who didn't, that's cool. Not sure why they don't watch something "good" instead.

As for who kills Cersei, I really like the Arya with Jaime's face idea. Still, part of me thinks, "Arya killed the Night King and now she's gonna kill Cersei, too? What is this, Game of Arya?"

And I've been saying Gendry is my darkhorse candidate for the throne.

Because you can't unwatch something.  Episode two was amazing.  I'm not going to just say screw it after this long.  I'm riding this crap wave right into Malibu baby.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: May 06, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »
Tyrion came into range of the arrows. The rest of the party didn't.....though those scorpions on the wall....

Don't you remember the battle of the bastards. A good bowman can hit a running individual from ~100 yards, with a single kill shot.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: May 07, 2019, 05:06:40 AM »

We know Drogon can fly. I wonder if he can swim under water to take out all the ships.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1010 on: May 07, 2019, 07:35:05 AM »
Don't you remember the battle of the bastards. A good bowman can hit a running individual from ~100 yards, with a single kill shot.

Well it depends on the bow and the bowman. Supposedly English longbows were able to reach ~300 yards.

But that doesn't matter. The implication was that they were out of range of the archers, except for Tyrion.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: May 07, 2019, 08:20:51 AM »
Whether or not they were out of range of arrows, they were in range of the Scorpions, and we saw what they could do.

Simple fact is Cersei didn't kill them for the same reasons why the Evil Villain didn't kill 007 the zillion times he could have, or why Jack Bauer didn't die 1,000 times or why the Joker didn't just shoot Batman in the head, or ...

Because if you do that, the show ceases to exist.

Because you can't unwatch something.  Episode two was amazing.  I'm not going to just say screw it after this long.  I'm riding this crap wave right into Malibu baby.

Fair enough, Hards. I hope you keep "enjoying" it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: May 07, 2019, 09:05:24 AM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: May 07, 2019, 09:13:19 AM »

Another low effort comment.  Not surprising that you seem to like the writer's low effort as well!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:50 AM »
Whether or not they were out of range of arrows, they were in range of the Scorpions, and we saw what they could do.

Simple fact is Cersei didn't kill them for the same reasons why the Evil Villain didn't kill 007 the zillion times he could have, or why Jack Bauer didn't die 1,000 times or why the Joker didn't just shoot Batman in the head, or ...

Because if you do that, the show ceases to exist.

Fair enough, Hards. I hope you keep "enjoying" it.

Dude, its okay to continue to watch a program that you find major problems with.  I don't watch TV to shut down my brain.  If I did, then I'd be watching reality TV, karaoke TV, et al. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: May 07, 2019, 09:18:00 AM »

Don't hate on fireworks brah. Who didn't love shooting bottlerockets at each other when they were teens?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: May 07, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: May 07, 2019, 09:44:44 AM »
Another low effort comment.  Not surprising that you seem to like the writer's low effort as well!

I didn't say I was a big fan of the episode, did I?  The fact that you think you're the arbiter of what is good and what isn't is amusing to me.  Ultimately, it makes you sound like a douche. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: May 07, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: May 07, 2019, 09:46:44 AM »
I didn't say I was a big fan of the episode, did I?  The fact that you think you're the arbiter of what is good and what isn't is amusing to me.  Ultimately, it makes you sound like a douche.

Ah, so everyone's but my opinion matters.

Got it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: May 07, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »

Got it.

Not at all.  You're perfectly free to think most of this season has sucked and share that opinion.  But you've been a condescending turd when it comes to your comments on people who don't share your views on the quality of some of the episodes or regarding some of the specific criticisms (see fireworks and glitter comment above).

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1021 on: May 07, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »

Got it.

No different than saying "Love the people throwing in their two cents that they liked it."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: May 07, 2019, 10:06:56 AM »
Not at all.  You're perfectly free to think most of this season has sucked and share that opinion.  But you've been a condescending turd when it comes to your comments on people who don't share your views on the quality of some of the episodes or regarding some of the specific criticisms (see fireworks and glitter comment above).

Ah, so again, your opinion matters, but mine doesn't because its mean spirited.

Got it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: May 07, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
Ah, so again, your opinion matters, but mine doesn't because its mean spirited.

Got it.

Incorrect. 

Are you incapable of expressing your opinion without being a d-bag about it? 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: May 07, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »
Incorrect. 

Are you incapable of expressing your opinion without being a d-bag about it?

Actuallllllllllly, it's factually correct.

feedback