collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199430 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #975 on: May 05, 2019, 12:53:13 AM »
Jon Snow, or Dany or whomever.....terrible war planners
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #976 on: May 05, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »
stupid twitter leaks  :'(
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #977 on: May 05, 2019, 03:37:38 PM »
stupid twitter leaks  :'(

This is why I avoid the twitterverse.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #978 on: May 05, 2019, 04:02:57 PM »
This is why I avoid the twitterverse.

Basically have seen the whole episode now all because I wanted to check if the episode would leak before the middle of the night over here
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #979 on: May 05, 2019, 06:39:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWqI4AJLmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7m6HP95EDM&feature=youtu.be

Rewrite of episode 3. In general way better. I don't think you need to do the Bran is the Night King angle to improve the story line. It could still end the same way with Bran alive, and him failing to figure out what happened in the past.

Also, Green Eyes...Lannisters...Cersei?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #980 on: May 06, 2019, 04:50:27 AM »
Enjoyed it for the most part. It very clear the route they're going for the last two. I suspect Jon will either kill Danny to defeat Cersei or have to kill Danny after Cersei.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #981 on: May 06, 2019, 07:18:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7m6HP95EDM&feature=youtu.be

Rewrite of episode 3. In general way better. I don't think you need to do the Bran is the Night King angle to improve the story line. It could still end the same way with Bran alive, and him failing to figure out what happened in the past.

Also, Green Eyes...Lannisters...Cersei?

I think somehow Jamie is going to die enroute to Cersei, Arya will get his face, and then she will kill Cersei.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #982 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:24 AM »
The Hound and Arya riding on horseback.  He's headed to Kings Landing and she joins him.

Arya: You going to Kings Landing?
Hound: I have some unfinished business
Arya: Me too

The Hound means he wants revenge on his brother, The Mountain
Arya means Cersei.

I believe Arya uses the faceless man thing and is the one who kills Cersei.  Who's face is up for grabs at this point.

As far as who gets the Throne, my new guess is Sansa, if possible.  Dragon Lady has had a rough week, losing Jormant, another dragon, her best friend, men of the north calling Jon the King, Jon Snow's devotion, Sansa's dislike, Varys wanting her out and now she wants to burn down Kings Landing in revenge. The look on her face at the end says it all.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #983 on: May 06, 2019, 08:18:15 AM »
I think somehow Jamie is going to die enroute to Cersei, Arya will get his face, and then she will kill Cersei.

I like this

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #984 on: May 06, 2019, 08:38:43 AM »
Anybody else notice the Starkbucks cup in the background?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #985 on: May 06, 2019, 10:42:17 AM »
Anybody else notice the Starkbucks cup in the background?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #986 on: May 06, 2019, 11:27:13 AM »
The Hound and Arya riding on horseback.  He's headed to Kings Landing and she joins him.

Arya: You going to Kings Landing?
Hound: I have some unfinished business
Arya: Me too

The Hound means he wants revenge on his brother, The Mountain
Arya means Cersei.

I believe Arya uses the faceless man thing and is the one who kills Cersei.  Who's face is up for grabs at this point.

As far as who gets the Throne, my new guess is Sansa, if possible.  Dragon Lady has had a rough week, losing Jormant, another dragon, her best friend, men of the north calling Jon the King, Jon Snow's devotion, Sansa's dislike, Varys wanting her out and now she wants to burn down Kings Landing in revenge. The look on her face at the end says it all.

Uhhhh Sansa has zero claim.  If Jon and Dany don't take it or make it, and Cersei dies, rightfully, the crown goes to Gendry Baratheon.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #987 on: May 06, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
Uhhhh Sansa has zero claim.  If Jon and Dany don't take it or make it, and Cersei dies, rightfully, the crown goes to Gendry Baratheon.

Gendry has been my sleeper pick for awhile. I had given up hope for awhile....but given that Dany just legitimized him as a Baratheon maybe he gets placed on the throne after everyone else kills each other.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #988 on: May 06, 2019, 11:48:08 AM »

I don’t think Cersei had any claim either, she just kinda took it.

I could see Jon having to kill Dany and wanting nothing to do with the throne. Hell, he even may move north of the wall to hang out with the Wildlings and actually be the King of the North.

I could absolutely see Sansa on the throne with her little assassin sister by her side.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #989 on: May 06, 2019, 12:05:48 PM »
Hate what sansas become. The starks are about honor and Loyalty and then boom she breaks her path to Jon like 10min later. She does nothing to indicate she cares about her people "were down here because were useless" they've turned her into a mini northern littlefinger scheming to get all the power.

I hope she ends up stuck in the vale nursing her cousin/husband lamenting life
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #990 on: May 06, 2019, 12:11:46 PM »
Decent episode.  It still is getting to play out too much like fan fiction.  The Jamie/Brienne path, the cheesy Sam/Gilly scene with Jon.

REALLY didn't like them cutting away from Bran revealing the truth about Jon to Sansa and Arya.  Starks are so close and tight, that revelation has been building for the entire series, so not see the reaction was disappointing.

So Bronn just teleports to the North and sneaks past EVERYONE to kick in the door on Tyrion and Jamie?  Ok.

There were no scouting ships?  Just Dany and the Dragons, who again are flying stupidly low and not taking any advantage of being high in the sky?  Also, these magical ships of Euron are getting a bit much.  Neither Dragon or Dany noticed A WHOLE FLEET of ships until they shoot a perfect laser into a moving target.  I get they are developing dragon-killing crossbows, but the first two shots were laser guided missiles, come on.  And how come every Navy in the kingdom isn't using them if they explode ships like that?

Jon and Ghost also made no sense.  In the books Ghost is his shadow.  Literally never leaves his side.  But he goes off into the wilderness with just a Jerimiah Johnson head nod?

That being said.  The ending 15-20 minutes was fantastic.  The dialogue and acting between Tyrion and Ceresi was fantastic.  Seeing her nearly break before returning to ruthlessness is always enjoyable to watch.  Episode 5 is supposed to be HEAVY.

(and yes, I enjoyed the episode.  Its just frustrating how lazy the writing has been at times)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:16:21 PM by JWags85 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #991 on: May 06, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »
Decent episode.  It still is getting to play out too much like fan fiction.  The Jamie/Brienne path, the cheesy Sam/Gilly scene with Jon.

REALLY didn't like them cutting away from Bran revealing the truth about Jon to Sansa and Arya.  Starks are so close and tight, that revelation has been building for the entire series, so not see the reaction was disappointing.

So Bronn just teleports to the North and sneaks past EVERYONE to kick in the door on Tyrion and Jamie?  Ok.

There were no scouting ships?  Just Dany and the Dragons, who again are flying stupidly low and taking any advantage of being high in the sky?  Also, these magical ships of Euron are getting a bit much.  Neither Dragon or Dany noticed A WHOLE FLEET of ships until they shoot a perfect laser into a moving target.  I get they are developing dragon-killing crossbows, but the first two shots were laser guided missiles, come on.  And how come every Navy in the kingdom isn't using them if they explode ships like that?

Jon and Ghost also made no sense.  In the books Ghost is his shadow.  Literally never leaves his side.  But he goes off into the wilderness with just a Jerimiah Johnson head nod?

That being said.  The ending 15-20 minutes was fantastic.  The dialogue and acting between Tyrion and Ceresi was fantastic.  Seeing her nearly break before returning to ruthlessness is always enjoyable to watch.  Episode 5 is supposed to be HEAVY.

(and yes, I enjoyed the episode.  Its just frustrating how lazy the writing has been at times)

Tend to agree with these points. Very valid criticism
Maigh Eo for Sam

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #992 on: May 06, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »
There were no scouting ships?  Just Dany and the Dragons, who again are flying stupidly low and taking any advantage of being high in the sky?  Also, these magical ships of Euron are getting a bit much.  Neither Dragon or Dany noticed A WHOLE FLEET of ships until they shoot a perfect laser into a moving target.  I get they are developing dragon-killing crossbows, but the first two shots were laser guided missiles, come on.  And how come every Navy in the kingdom isn't using them if they explode ships like that?

All of your comments are valid, but particularly this one.  Not scouting is really strange.  How about just having Bran roll his eyes back in his head and send a raven or 10 to see what they are doing in King's Landing to prepare?  Maybe he won't do it and all, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #993 on: May 06, 2019, 01:24:30 PM »
All of your comments are valid, but particularly this one.  Not scouting is really strange.  How about just having Bran roll his eyes back in his head and send a raven or 10 to see what they are doing in King's Landing to prepare?  Maybe he won't do it and all, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The same could be said for 'Battle of the Bastards,' when the Bolton army somehow didn't notice the Knights of the Vale approaching, and Blackwater, when Stannis' army didn't know Tywin and the Tyrells nearby.
But I don't really care.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #994 on: May 06, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
Hate what sansas become. The starks are about honor and Loyalty and then boom she breaks her path to Jon like 10min later. She does nothing to indicate she cares about her people "were down here because were useless" they've turned her into a mini northern littlefinger scheming to get all the power.

I hope she ends up stuck in the vale nursing her cousin/husband lamenting life

I think Sansa is the most interesting character left.  More moral ambiguity plays out in her scenes and decisions than the rest of the characters combined, and Sophie Turner has really improved as an actress as the show has worn on.  You could argue that any disloyalty she shows toward Jon shows increased loyalty to the North and her people.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #995 on: May 06, 2019, 01:43:38 PM »
For the past season and a half my dragon queen is becoming more obvious that she will not win the game of thrones and has become more and more evil.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #996 on: May 06, 2019, 01:44:01 PM »

There were no scouting ships?  Just Dany and the Dragons, who again are flying stupidly low and not taking any advantage of being high in the sky?  Also, these magical ships of Euron are getting a bit much.  Neither Dragon or Dany noticed A WHOLE FLEET of ships until they shoot a perfect laser into a moving target.  I get they are developing dragon-killing crossbows, but the first two shots were laser guided missiles, come on.  And how come every Navy in the kingdom isn't using them if they explode ships like that?

I have a lot of similar feelings about the episode. I hate how quickly and clumsily they are wrapping up some of the pieces. But I loved that last scene,  easily my favorite of this season
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #997 on: May 06, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »
I think Sansa is the most interesting character left.  More moral ambiguity plays out in her scenes and decisions than the rest of the characters combined, and Sophie Turner has really improved as an actress as the show has worn on.  You could argue that any disloyalty she shows toward Jon shows increased loyalty to the North and her people.

I agree regarding some of the moral ambiguity and definitely regarding her as an actress. But her apathy towards the white walkers was obnoxious (though evidently valid) and seemed disloyal to her subjects. Again to me it focuses on the concept of what each house is known for, the starks are loyal and honorable, she is not. Which in the end is a very small flaw, but enough to make me dislike her character compared to say her mother.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #998 on: May 06, 2019, 02:07:07 PM »

Decent is how I would rate this as well. Decent for most shows would be fine. Decent for this show is disappointing.

Agree the last 20 minutes were great.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #999 on: May 06, 2019, 03:37:54 PM »
I still think Jaime kills Cersai.

He outlined everything he's done for Cersai. He described himself as hateful. I think he was telling himself all he's done for Cersai and she STILL gave the order to kill him. He's going to kill her.

He left Brienne in the North to protect her and didn't tell her his plan because she'd never agree to let him go alone. Similar to Tyrion yelling at Shae because she wouldn't leave him unless it was clear he was betraying her.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:39:53 PM by MUeagle1090 »

feedback