2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach  (Read 19659 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »
Hmmm...this a picture tells a slightly different story as to cameras on the floor...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2013/3/11/4089202/tom-crean-altercation-michigan-assistsant-jeff-meyer-indiana-basketball

The link you provided...to an IU message board that is the equivalent to this one? That's reliable. So some guy behind a keyboard saying, "According to a source that was sitting near the IU bench "Meyer told Crean to F--- himself in the handshake line after Crean uttered something to him." That's you justification for your guy coming unhinged? Even if we accept that version of things, as you stated,  it wasn't even immediate, he actually had two minutes to think about it, and still went after the guy, and acted in that way. The guy is a child.

That picture is awesome. 

No Z in his 'fro, I4's got a V in his wig.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »
He still leads a pretty large cheer for Indiana. Hard to disassociate considering his relationship with the school. Can't imagine he'd say anything publicly. I know last week when everyone was drooling over the title celebrations, Dakich said he was perfectly fine with the Hoosiers cutting down the nets.

Some don't like Dakich because they think he's too pro IU, but I think he tries to be fair.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:16:32 PM by NavinRJohnson »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »
Allegedly Crean told him "Thats how you win at Indiana" and then Meyer told him to get bent.  I'll look for the link, it was posted on Twitter this morning when everything came out about the handshake altercation
CTC is a Poor Loser.  His mother must be proud.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
If the Michigan boards are to be believed, it goes something like this.   In the handshake line, Coach Crean says "Now that's how you win at Indiana" to coach Meyer.    Coach Meyer responds with " (screw) you".    A couple of minutes later, Coach Meyer and Coach Buckley are talking at midcourt and we saw the rest.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
John Beilein commented,  "Michigan is always going to win with class and they're going to lose with class. We're never going to use victory or defeat to vent ... any frustrations we're going to have."

What a profound counter point to the irrational behavior that triggered this comment. Refreshing. Truly.

You can take the trash out of the Trailer Park but you cannot take the Trailer Park out of the trash.

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »
Torn apart on Around the Horn today.

Even lower opinions of him on PTI.

Everyone said it didn't detract from the win or the program, but was a big dip in respect for Crean.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:39:41 PM by jesmu84 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
Really, if Meyer told Crean to go F himself, do you think Crean would be apologizing today for being unprofessional?

Seth Greenberg said it best on ESPN: Crean should have been hugging his players and celebrating an outright Big Ten title. Instead, he was being bitter, petty and small.

I've mostly been agnostic when it comes to Crean: I appreciate the good he did at Marquette; I'm glad he hired his replacement, whom I consider a superior coach. But some of the things Crean has done and said -- especially the bullying B.S. -- make me not like him at all.

It's no surprise that the IU faithful are defending their coach. He must be starting to remind them of the original bully who was there for decades.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »
Really, if Meyer told Crean to go F himself, do you think Crean would be apologizing today for being unprofessional?

Seth Greenberg said it best on ESPN: Crean should have been hugging his players and celebrating an outright Big Ten title. Instead, he was being bitter, petty and small.

I've mostly been agnostic when it comes to Crean: I appreciate the good he did at Marquette; I'm glad he hired his replacement, whom I consider a superior coach. But some of the things Crean has done and said -- especially the bullying B.S. -- make me not like him at all.

It's no surprise that the IU faithful are defending their coach. He must be starting to remind them of the original bully who was there for decades.

I knew Bob Knight and Tom Crean ain't Bob Knight.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »
Torn apart on Around the Horn today.

Even lower opinions of him on PTI.

Everyone said it didn't detract from the win or the program, but was a big dip in respect for Crean.

The man was eviscerated on all the talks today. But it wasn't for being petty, absurd, weird. Which everybody said it was. It's because he took the limelight from his players who earned the moment and made it all about Tom Crean. That is what people are disgusted by.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »
John Beilein commented,  "Michigan is always going to win with class and they're going to lose with class. We're never going to use victory or defeat to vent ... any frustrations we're going to have."

What a profound counter point to the irrational behavior that triggered this comment. Refreshing. Truly.

You can take the trash out of the Trailer Park but you cannot take the Trailer Park out of the trash.

Yeah, Uncle Ed Martin....Michigan always winning with class.  Is that a joke or what.   :o

It must pain you greatly to know Jim Harbaugh is a Michigan man and Jack worked under Bo.  Must pain you deeply.

Why don't you ask a few folks about Jimmy B's past at WVU if you want to go down the class angle.  LOL

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »

Sure he would.  Because Crean shouldn't have done what he did, that's why he is apologizing.  Doesn't mean the exchange didn't happen. 

Does is surprise you how many MU fans here defended Buzz during the sexual assault issues last year when we were getting buried by other teams fans left and right?   

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
Sure he would.  Because Crean shouldn't have done what he did, that's why he is apologizing.  Doesn't mean the exchange didn't happen. 

Does is surprise you how many MU fans here defended Buzz during the sexual assault issues last year when we were getting buried by other teams fans left and right?   
Classic.  Bring up something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the current situation in order to deflect from an obviously unwinnable argument. 

And to answer the question...NO, because that's what fans do.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »

I get the feeling Crean was told to apologize for what happened at mid-court not for what happened during the handshake charade.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
Who cares? Seems to me, those who click and comment on them hold the control to what impact those threads have on their lives.

What an inane comment. I think it's ridiculous that from the main page on the left sidebar I see 4 threads about Crean. So I'm the one being childish for calling out prople that are holding on to this grudge like Danny Bonaduce challenging Donny Osmond to a boxing match 20 years after no one cared about them?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »

Buzz wasn't accused of sexual assault. Tom Crean was a total jacktard, on national TV no less.

Not at all the same situation, but let's keep comparing them like they are.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »
Yeah, Uncle Ed Martin....Michigan always winning with class.  Is that a joke or what.   :o

It must pain you greatly to know Jim Harbaugh is a Michigan man and Jack worked under Bo.  Must pain you deeply.

Why don't you ask a few folks about Jimmy B's past at WVU if you want to go down the class angle.  LOL

Good Lord, what does any of this have to do with Tom Crean's outrageous, unwarranted, and weird verbal assault against Meyer yesterday? 

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
Classic.  Bring up something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the current situation in order to deflect from an obviously unwinnable argument. 

And to answer the question...NO, because that's what fans do.

Sure it does.  The poster said IU fans were defending their coach.  Just as MU fans defended our coach.  It is what fans do, just showing the hypocrisy again.  It's white trash, hillbilly IU fans defending their coach but when MU fans do it for their coach it is what exactly?  The same thing...fans being fans.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
Sure it does.  The poster said IU fans were defending their coach.  Just as MU fans defended our coach.  It is what fans do, just showing the hypocrisy again.  It's white trash, hillbilly IU fans defending their coach but when MU fans do it for their coach it is what exactly?  The same thing...fans being fans.

And so when you rip people for being obsessed with Crean and yet every thread about him is filled with you talking about the guy that's...what?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2013, 06:38:24 PM »
Good Lord, what does any of this have to do with Tom Crean's outrageous, unwarranted, and weird verbal assault against Meyer yesterday? 

You said UM wins with class....oh really?  Sorry, but if you are going to go out there with that ridiculous BS you are going to get called on it.  Aren't you still on probation right now? 

As for the TC's action...yeah, dumb, stupid, testosterone driven, whatever.  Am I surprised?  No.  If he was told to F Off as some on press row and the front row are saying, then he has every right to be ticked.  Considering all of the negative recruiting that has been going on and the fact that Meyer was part of that scumbag coaching staff, I can see the response.  Wish he had done it in private and not the way he did it...that's where he erred'.  If another assistant tells Buzz to F Off, I sure hope Buzz tells him to pound sand.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
You said UM wins with class....oh really?  Sorry, but if you are going to go out there with that ridiculous BS you are going to get called on it.  Aren't you still on probation right now? 

As for the TC's action...yeah, dumb, stupid, testosterone driven, whatever.  Am I surprised?  No.  If he was told to F Off as some on press row and the front row are saying, then he has every right to be ticked.  Considering all of the negative recruiting that has been going on and the fact that Meyer was part of that scumbag coaching staff, I can see the response.  Wish he had done it in private and not the way he did it...that's where he erred'.  If another assistant tells Buzz to F Off, I sure hope Buzz tells him to pound sand.

Actually, I didn't say anything.

Death on call

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »
What an inane comment. I think it's ridiculous that from the main page on the left sidebar I see 4 threads about Crean. So I'm the one being childish for calling out prople that are holding on to this grudge like Danny Bonaduce challenging Donny Osmond to a boxing match 20 years after no one cared about them?

Who said you were being childish. I just don't know why you care about threads about Tom Crean.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2013, 06:50:13 PM »
And so when you rip people for being obsessed with Crean and yet every thread about him is filled with you talking about the guy that's...what?

I don't start them...the obsession starts with those that just can't help themselves.  Address those that keep starting the threads.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »
I don't start them...the obsession starts with those that just can't help themselves.  Address those that keep starting the threads.

If it starts with them, it continues with you.  I just don't really understand where you get this high and mighty attitude over those who talk about Crean all the time when you clearly can't help but jump in the mud with them.

feedback