[Today at 10:26:13 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 10:24:35 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach  (Read 19582 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
bahahahhahhahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

Some day.  Some day they will see.  That is embarrassing behavior from a head coach of a major program.  The whole exchange with Oladipo was SO CONTRIVED.  He was trying to get something like a Huggins moment but he made damn sure the cameras were front and center.  The guy needs some tact.  This is no longer the Indiana show, its the Tom Crean show, and boy did he ever show it last night.  What a total scum bag.

And if those IU fans are eating it up, then they probably believe the Jersey Shore is real.

Yeah, his star player is crying and...wait for it...there are cameras everywhere in the building...so he should have just said nothing and allowed him to go into the locker room.  LOL.

How do you avoid the cameras when they are everywhere?  Too funny.  There is a lot of reasons to come down on him for being a douche (which he is), that was not one of them. 

Isn't it funny that guys like Wade, Novak, Oladipo, etc love him but other fan bases don't. I guess that's all that matters...those stupid players...they just don't have the ability to understand like you guys do.  LOL

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
Stupid move.

Crean is hyper-competitive and got caught in a heated moment.

Here's what I don't understand about this... Meyer has been on the Michigan staff the entire time TC has been at IU. If he really did have a beef with him, why did TC chose yesterday to finally go after him?

And, again, what's his problem with Meyer anyway? He doesn't have the job if Sampson and that staff don't screw up. Does he treat his old friend Kelvin Sampson or Dan Dakich with the same disdain?

I've never been a TC basher and I was a fan, but no longer. The guy has completely lost me.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
At least he didn't dance at center court.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »
wait for it...there are cameras everywhere in the building...

Did those cameras happen to catch what happened "two minutes prior to that?"  Doesn't seem like it. Funny how that works.

LOL.  Of course you didn't see or hear what happened just 2 minutes prior to that....funny how that works.

Your evidence that actually happened is what?

How do you avoid the cameras when they are everywhere?  Too funny.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 10:44:18 AM »
I'm just shocked that Meatchicken would hire someone off a staff where the head coach was put on a 5 year NCAA ban for violations in the very conference that Meatchicken plays in.  Shocking.

Uncle Ed Martin would be very proud.

Spare me that he was cleared by the NCAA.  All the assistants were because they make a lot less money and were allowed to continue on in their careers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
Did those cameras happen to catch what happened "two minutes prior to that?"  Doesn't seem like it. Funny how that works.

Your evidence that actually happened is what?

No, but people did because at that point they are still at a high angle camera during the handshake line.  It wasn't until a minute later that hand held cameras were on the floor capturing the one on one stuff.

Read the link I provided, pretty clearly states what was said in the handshake line by Meyer.  I would hope if someone said that to Buzz, he would get in his grill.  I know Al would have.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
Here's what I don't understand about this... Meyer has been on the Michigan staff the entire time TC has been at IU. If he really did have a beef with him, why did TC chose yesterday to finally go after him?

Because Meyer said something in the handshake line that you don't say...that's why.  That's what set him off according to people on press row that heard it.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:42 AM »
Because Meyer said something in the handshake line that you don't say...that's why.  That's what set him off according to people on press row that heard it.

Honest question... What did he say?

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »
Dude absolutely looks deranged. Lock up all the women and children.

So y'all need to hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband cause they rapin' everybody out here.

What a classless prick. I hope IU gets bumped immediately from the B1G tournament AND the NCAA tournament for that outburst.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2013, 11:00:23 AM »
bahahahhahhahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

Some day.  Some day they will see.  That is embarrassing behavior from a head coach of a major program.  The whole exchange with Oladipo was SO CONTRIVED.  He was trying to get something like a Huggins moment but he made damn sure the cameras were front and center.  The guy needs some tact.  This is no longer the Indiana show, its the Tom Crean show, and boy did he ever show it last night.  What a total scum bag.

And if those IU fans are eating it up, then they probably believe the Jersey Shore is real.

you could tell crean was worked up.

he forgot to lick and caress Oladipo's face, ala Huggins.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »
Heated moment? The game was over. Indiana had WON. The guy he verbally assaulted was having what appeared to be a friendly conversation with IU assistant Tim Buckley and Buckley was obviously taken aback by Crean's behavior. This has nothing to do with being a "fierce competitor". It has to do with (win or lose) being an absolute douche. I don't expect Crean to be embarrassed - he's from the Jim Harbaugh school of sportsmanship and incapable of shame. Indiana fans won't be either. They love making excuses for the boorish antics of their coaches - did it for Knight for more than 20 years.

I'm not defending what he did. It was dumb.

The dude was emotional after a big win and crap-talked to a guy. It was dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Terrible.

Awful.

Shameless.

I'm OUTRAGED!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »

BS. One guy on the IU boards claims one anonymous source (from IU). And even with that flimsy "evidence" the "source" says Crean said something ("go F yourself?") to Meyer first. Anyway, still waiting on your tapes that will exonerate TC. Sigh. Sad. Pathetic. Clinical. Embarrassing. Hypocritical. LOL.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:52 AM »
Yeah, his star player is crying and...wait for it...there are cameras everywhere in the building...so he should have just said nothing and allowed him to go into the locker room.  LOL.

How do you avoid the cameras when they are everywhere?  Too funny.  There is a lot of reasons to come down on him for being a douche (which he is), that was not one of them. 

Isn't it funny that guys like Wade, Novak, Oladipo, etc love him but other fan bases don't. I guess that's all that matters...those stupid players...they just don't have the ability to understand like you guys do.  LOL

Put your arm around the kid and take it to the locker room.  Do you really believe half the things you say, or are you just seriously messing with everyone?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »
No, but people did because at that point they are still at a high angle camera during the handshake line.  It wasn't until a minute later that hand held cameras were on the floor capturing the one on one stuff.

Hmmm...this a picture tells a slightly different story as to cameras on the floor...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2013/3/11/4089202/tom-crean-altercation-michigan-assistsant-jeff-meyer-indiana-basketball

Read the link I provided, pretty clearly states what was said in the handshake line by Meyer.  I would hope if someone said that to Buzz, he would get in his grill.  I know Al would have.

The link you provided...to an IU message board that is the equivalent to this one? That's reliable. So some guy behind a keyboard saying, "According to a source that was sitting near the IU bench "Meyer told Crean to F--- himself in the handshake line after Crean uttered something to him." That's you justification for your guy coming unhinged? Even if we accept that version of things, as you stated,  it wasn't even immediate, he actually had two minutes to think about it, and still went after the guy, and acted in that way. The guy is a child.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »
I'm not defending what he did. It was dumb.

The dude was emotional after a big win and crap-talked to a guy. It was dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Terrible.

Awful.

Shameless.

I'm OUTRAGED!!!

Atta boy! Look, I know your tongue is firmly in cheek, and I'm not really outraged either. I just love it when we get these little looks into what this guy is all about. And the people who defend this stuff are even funnier.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »
Atta boy! Look, I know your tongue is firmly in cheek, and I'm not really outraged either. I just love it when we get these little looks into what this guy is all about. And the people who defend this stuff are even funnier.

I can't defend it.

But, I know how/why it happens. The dude is a workaholic and hyper-competitive. He takes strong ownership in the IU program, and anybody that unnatural carnal knowledges with that (perceived or actual) is his enemy.

I don't say any of this to defend his actions. I can't defend him. It was a douche move.

But, I'm not surprised that it happened. The dude is shrewd, but not 100% in control at all times.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 11:44:42 AM »
Isn't it funny that guys like Wade, Novak, Oladipo, etc love him but other fan bases don't. I guess that's all that matters...those stupid players...they just don't have the ability to understand like you guys do.  LOL

Franco Harris, Lavar Arrington, Kirk Herbstreet, Matt Millen...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:50:13 AM by NavinRJohnson »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »
Hmmm...this a picture tells a slightly different story as to cameras on the floor...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2013/3/11/4089202/tom-crean-altercation-michigan-assistsant-jeff-meyer-indiana-basketball

The link you provided...to an IU message board that is the equivalent to this one? That's reliable. So some guy behind a keyboard saying, "According to a source that was sitting near the IU bench "Meyer told Crean to F--- himself in the handshake line after Crean uttered something to him." That's you justification for your guy coming unhinged? Even if we accept that version of things, as you stated,  it wasn't even immediate, he actually had two minutes to think about it, and still went after the guy, and acted in that way. The guy is a child.

Yup, he is a child....much like posters (yourself) attacking a coach's wife...all class.

Incidentally, there are at least 30 sites saying the same thing was said.  He didn't like it, he responded.  If someone told me to F Off, I would go after them, too.  Heat of the moment...stupid stuff happens.  Crean was stupid.  Meyer was stupid.

Cowherd just did a segment on this.  As he said (paraphrasing), 'you have to let humans be humans.  In the heat of the moment, knowing what the history is, people do stupid things. Doesn't bother me at all.  Best friends say stupid stuff in the heat of the moment and then they wise up.'

As I told you guys a few years ago and you pooh poohed it, the culture at IU was destroyed by what Sampson and his assistants did.  What happened there hasn't even touched the surface in the press in terms of the drug use, etc.  It was out of control, ridiculous.  IU is a point of pride for many in the state.  As such, there are some tremendously bitter feelings toward those a-holes that did it.  The negative recruiting that came in the first few years, etc.  Many chips on shoulders.  A big mess had to be cleaned up and a lot of sand being kicked in the face along the way.  Some of that is coming out now.

But I do love when we here at Scoop tell DWade and Novak and Diener and Oladipo and Zeller how stupid they are for not seeing him the way you do.  They spend 1000's of days and tens of thousands of hours with him, they know him a bit better than you or anyone else here does.  Personally, I think he's a jerk and douche and have said it here at least 500 times.  Guess what, almost every head coach I've worked with is like that sans Joe Maddon and Mike Scioscia.  Unfortunately it's how many of them are wired. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
If someone told me to F Off, I would go after them, too.  Heat of the moment...stupid stuff happens.  Crean was stupid.  Meyer was stupid.

Agreed. And if someone told Buzz to F Off, I'd hope Buzz would go after the guy.

Any idea what Crean said to Meyer in the handshake line before Meyer dropped the line?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2013, 12:38:34 PM »
" He needed killin' "  is a valid defense in Texas
Buzz would definitely responded to such a conversation

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »

Incidentally, there are at least 30 sites saying the same thing was said.  He didn't like it, he responded.  If someone told me to F Off, I would go after them, too.  Heat of the moment...stupid stuff happens.  Crean was stupid.  Meyer was stupid.

More absolute and unadulterated BS. An anonymous source claims Crean said something to Meyer FIRST to which Meyer ALLEGEDLY responded "Go F yourself". Even IF this happened (no tape, no video) the Indiana fan who started it admits Crean said something first to precipitate Meyer's response, and I'm guessing it wasn't "Merry Christmas". It's Crean being a jag and starting something and then also wanting to finish it. Not surprising he was your mentor.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
Yup, he is a child....much like posters (yourself) attacking a coach's wife...all class.

Similar to Crean calling the wife of a Memphis fan fat?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »

As I told you guys a few years ago and you pooh poohed it, the culture at IU was destroyed by what Sampson and his assistants did.  What happened there hasn't even touched the surface in the press in terms of the drug use, etc.  It was out of control, ridiculous.  IU is a point of pride for many in the state.  As such, there are some tremendously bitter feelings toward those a-holes that did it.  The negative recruiting that came in the first few years, etc.  Many chips on shoulders.  A big mess had to be cleaned up and a lot of sand being kicked in the face along the way.  Some of that is coming out now.

So in other words, he took the opportunity to gloat. Thanks for enlightening me. I get it now, and take back everything I said. Perfectly justified in his actions.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2013, 12:49:48 PM »
MU scoopers hating on Crean, (not that he doesn’t deserve it) 

Chicos defending  Crean. 

Nothing to see here, time to move along. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »

As I told you guys a few years ago and you pooh poohed it, the culture at IU was destroyed by what Sampson and his assistants did.  What happened there hasn't even touched the surface in the press in terms of the drug use, etc.  It was out of control, ridiculous.  IU is a point of pride for many in the state.  As such, there are some tremendously bitter feelings toward those a-holes that did it.  The negative recruiting that came in the first few years, etc.  Many chips on shoulders.  A big mess had to be cleaned up and a lot of sand being kicked in the face along the way.  Some of that is coming out now.

They hired Kelvin Sampson, he came from a school that has a building named after Barry Switzer.  If IU didn't know who they were getting into bed with, shame on them.

Cowherd just did a segment on this.  As he said (paraphrasing), 'you have to let humans be humans.  In the heat of the moment, knowing what the history is, people do stupid things. Doesn't bother me at all.  Best friends say stupid stuff in the heat of the moment and then they wise up.'

Fine, I can accept that but then be human and share some details with the press.  Don't make it like the press invaded your private space when they catch you screaming at an opposing coach on the court.  Have a human moment and express what was gong through your mind.  Frankly, I think it's why people like Buzz.  We know he's gonna screw up recruiting, sub patterns, play-calling and more but he doesn't always portend to have all the answers.  Seems a little more real.  For some reason everything with Tom seems so calculated...and then so off.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart