[Today at 12:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 12:26:40 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach  (Read 19583 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 09:02:57 AM »
$hit, even the sarcasm suffers when MU fans lose their mind over Crean.

I don't know, I thought it was kinda funny.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
$hit, even the sarcasm suffers when MU fans lose their mind over Crean. It's like watching a group of little girls on the school playground.

Yeah, it was over the top, but it briefly amused me.    
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Tom Crean at his best
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »
I wonder if those still obsessed with Crean also cyber stalk their ex-girlfriends?

Who cares? Stop wasting your energy on that clown.

wait... is it just the cyber stalking that's frowned upon? what about good ole' fashioned in-person stalking?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 09:08:42 AM »
I wonder if those still obsessed with Crean also cyber stalk their ex-girlfriends?

What ex-girlfriends?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »
I don't know, I thought it was kinda funny.

With you, it's not a high bar.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »
Heard the story but hadn't seen the video until now. That was ridiculous. Wrong place, wrong time for that crap.

Tweets bible verse before games; goes after opposing team assistant coach on the court; refuses to talk about it in the media session.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
5 years just about up. So if we can start judging Buzz in a month, can we also stop talking about the last coach then too? 4 of the top 5 Superbar threads are about TC.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 09:19:15 AM »
I think the difference is, Buzz most likely wouldn't do something like this. The one time I can think of was when things got testy between him and Jim during an interview (if I'm remembering correctly) and this board was pretty split on Buzz's actions.

The board wasn't split. It was clearly in Mac's corner and wondered WTF got into Buzz. Myself included, and I've been a Buzz fan from the get go.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
Tweets bible verse before games; goes after opposing team assistant coach on the court; refuses to talk about it in the media session.

I don't always yell at other coaches.

But when I do, I tweet about Jesus afterwards.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »
He knew what he was doing. Grandstanding to remind people that HE was the one who rebuilt Indiana.

Managed to take a great accomplishment by those kids and overshadow it by becoming the story himself. What an ass.

This. He knew exactly what was going on.

He smiled when he saw the camera.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was premeditated with Buckley running interference for Crean to make the confrontation.

I'd be embarrassed if he did that at Marquette.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »
$hit, even the sarcasm suffers when MU fans lose their mind over Crean. It's like watching a group of little girls on the school playground.

Most of us wouldn't know what it's like to watch a group of little girls on the playground.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
Yes. Yes. Yes, it would.

Then you have a different opinion of Buzz than most of us to even bring it up because it would not be something he would ever do based on his past behavior and interviews with him.  He and Crean are so completely different as to what type of person they are.  No comparison.  The one time he did do something somewhat controversial with the exchange with Mac, the majority of posters were on Mac's side and were critical of Buzz.  

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »
4 of the top 5 Superbar threads are about TC.

Who cares? Seems to me, those who click and comment on them hold the control to what impact those threads have on their lives.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this was premeditated with Buckley running interference for Crean to make the confrontation.

Nah, that was a crazed look on his face like Son of Sam or a rabid raccoon.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 09:29:04 AM »
Nah, that was a crazed look on his face like Son of Sam or a rabid raccoon.

I have to agree. Dude got caught in an embarrassing moment.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »

The look on Buckley's face says to me he wasn't in on it.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »
Then you have a different opinion of Buzz than most of us to even bring it up because it would not be something he would ever do based on his past behavior and interviews with him.  He and Crean are so completely different as to what type of person they are.  No comparison.  The one time he did do something somewhat controversial with the exchange with Mac, the majority of posters were on Mac's side and were critical of Buzz.  

Apparently quite a few posters don't understand hypotheticals.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
Stupid move.

Crean is hyper-competitive and got caught in a heated moment.

Dumb.

He has to control himself better than that.

IU fans will just chalk it up to him being a "fierce competitor", that that's fine. As long as he wins and the kids graduate, fans will tolerate stuff like this.

jesmu84

• All American
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:34:02 PM by jesmu84 »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 10:06:23 AM »
Stupid move.

Crean is hyper-competitive and got caught in a heated moment.

Dumb.

He has to control himself better than that.

IU fans will just chalk it up to him being a "fierce competitor", that that's fine. As long as he wins and the kids graduate, fans will tolerate stuff like this.

Heated moment? The game was over. Indiana had WON. The guy he verbally assaulted was having what appeared to be a friendly conversation with IU assistant Tim Buckley and Buckley was obviously taken aback by Crean's behavior. This has nothing to do with being a "fierce competitor". It has to do with (win or lose) being an absolute douche. I don't expect Crean to be embarrassed - he's from the Jim Harbaugh school of sportsmanship and incapable of shame. Indiana fans won't be either. They love making excuses for the boorish antics of their coaches - did it for Knight for more than 20 years.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 10:07:27 AM »
As stated yesterday, Meyer was on Sampson's staff which helped to bring IU down to their lowest depths as a program.  Meyer said something he shouldn't have in the handshake line, TC did something he shouldn't have after.  Both made up last night per reports after a conversation.

Here's how the IU fans feel about it, and I suspect that's all he cares about.

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/8131-jeff-meyer/page__st__40

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 10:12:24 AM »
As stated yesterday, Meyer was on Sampson's staff which helped to bring IU down to their lowest depths as a program.  Meyer said something he shouldn't have in the handshake line, TC did something he shouldn't have after.  Both made up last night per reports after a conversation.

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/8131-jeff-meyer/page__st__40

bahahahhahhahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

Some day.  Some day they will see.  That is embarrassing behavior from a head coach of a major program.  The whole exchange with Oladipo was SO CONTRIVED.  He was trying to get something like a Huggins moment but he made damn sure the cameras were front and center.  The guy needs some tact.  This is no longer the Indiana show, its the Tom Crean show, and boy did he ever show it last night.  What a total scum bag.

And if those IU fans are eating it up, then they probably believe the Jersey Shore is real.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:45 AM »
Heated moment? The game was over. Indiana had WON. The guy he verbally assaulted was having what appeared to be a friendly conversation with IU assistant Tim Buckley and Buckley was obviously taken aback by Crean's behavior. This has nothing to do with being a "fierce competitor". It has to do with (win or lose) being an absolute douche. I don't expect Crean to be embarrassed - he's from the Jim Harbaugh school of sportsmanship and incapable of shame. Indiana fans won't be either. They love making excuses for the boorish antics of their coaches - did it for Knight for more than 20 years.

LOL.  Of course you didn't see or hear what happened just 2 minutes prior to that....funny how that works.

That's the danger of watching only one piece of video...as if that's THE ONLY video or the ONLY audio.  Not surprising.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »

I'm sure you were shocked by the stupidity, hypocrisy  and insanity exhibited by your fellow IU alums in that thread. They must have deleted your post to that effect.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
LOL.  Of course you didn't see or hear what happened just 2 minutes prior to that....funny how that works.

That's the danger of watching only one piece of video...as if that's THE ONLY video or the ONLY audio.  Not surprising.

No I didn't. Please provide so everyone can decide.

feedback