Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Rothstein: Marquette emerging as landing spot for transfer Lockett  (Read 9521 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Guessing what CD is referring to is that Buzz largely said that because of Otule's 6th year, Durley's situation changed. He didn't say how it would play out, but it definitely sounded like Durley coming here was no longer as automatic as it was back in December before CO's injury.

If Durley goes prep or JUCO, that would open up one scholarship for 2012-13, which could be filled by a one-year transfer like Lockett, giving us 13 scholarship players for that year. And while Otule would keep his scholarship for 2012-13, Cadougan and Lockett would both matriculate, which would open up the scholarships for Deonte Burton and Duane Wilson, meaning we are right on track with scholarships for 2013-14 as well. It would also set us up for a 5-man recruiting class in 2014.

Of course, it's all speculation right now, but if any of our 2012 recruits didn't end up here, it would solve all the oversigning issues people seem to be worried about. And Buzz's comments seemed to indicate Durley would be the most likely recruit to fit that scenario.

The problem this creates, however, is no open scholarships for 2013 and both Otule and Gardner graduating at the end of 2014, meaning we would have no players bigger than 6'8" going into the 2014-15 year, other that potential new recruits. That's a long way off, but it seems like the plan was to have Durley in place to take over the center role as a junior that year.

How about if Durley goes prep one year, then JUCO one year as a full qualifier and joins us in the fall of 2014 with three years of eligibility left and two more years of development under his belt?  That seamlessly covers the height issue losing Otule & Gardner.  Then Lockett takes a one year scholly this year as a scoring band aid, and the numbers crunch with Burton and DWilson#2 is solved in 2013 as well.  If only things ever worked out so perfectly...

Or Buzz could just adopt someone on the current roster.  That's still an option right?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
  I missed it.  I don't live in Milwaukee.  Fill me in please Dimes.

Durley is likely out, something several of us said 6 months ago. 4ever, myself and a few others. You can imagine the polite reception we got when we said it then and to see it now come true makes all the sticks and stones worth it.   :P
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

GGGG

• All American
Durley is likely out, something several of us said 6 months ago. 4ever, myself and a few others. You can imagine the polite reception we got when we said it then and to see it now come true makes all the sticks and stones worth it.   :P

Ever the victim.

In what thread did you make this prediction...that you claim has "come true" even though it hasn't?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Durley is likely out, something several of us said 6 months ago. 4ever, myself and a few others. You can imagine the polite reception we got when we said it then and to see it now come true makes all the sticks and stones worth it.   :P

In 2007, I correctly predicted all 33 of Alfonso Soriano's homeruns. Granted, I was wrong over 600 times but getting 33 right is impressive nonetheless, no?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

But 6 months ago, CO wasn't out for 80% of the year. If not for that injury, I've little doubt Durley's situation would be simple -- he'd be enrolling in Fall. May still happen, but if it doesn't, I feel confident that it's the CO injury and not any fault of Durley's that he doesn't get here come August.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
  I missed it.  I don't live in Milwaukee.  Fill me in please Dimes.

as an aside I dont live in Milwaukee either.  But try to watch all the Buzz Willimas shows.  They are posted on the Mu athletic site or on MUATLETICS page on you tube...post game press conferences, media dates, etc. good stuff

Canadian Dimes

• All American

Ever the victim.

In what thread did you make this prediction...that you claim has "come true" even though it hasn't?

My guess is if you search under "chicos bail bonds"  u would probably find it.   :o

oops another slip up for the forums psychopath

Canadian Dimes

• All American
http://www.gomarquette.com/allaccess/

here is the show....buzzs response seemed pretty clear to me without coming right out and stating it.

about the 16:15 mark
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:06:28 PM by Canadian Dimes »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.

Where/when did you state this?  I see where you stated you were dissappointed in our pursuit based on other schools chasing, but I can't see where you said he was out.  (Given the 6 months ago time frame you provided.)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever

Ever the victim.

Not the victim, but it is a culture here. If you mention an outcome that doesn't line up between the hash marks here, you pay the brunt.  It is counter productive to a free wheeling message board that promotes ideas and discussion if some of those views (more importantly, those that offered them) are subjected needlessly. 

It was in November.  Several threads.  My position remains that almost no one of consequence offered him a scholarship.  He is a huge kid, but probably not ready for Big East play.  He should go to prep school or a JUCO and get more experience, especially considering he is not playing in high school.  Unfortunately that viewpoint struck a few nerves.  If I'm reading Buzz correctly, he agrees with those of us that felt he is a project and not ready.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
It was in November.  Several threads.  My position remains that almost no one of consequence offered him a scholarship.  He is a huge kid, but probably not ready for Big East play.  He should go to prep school or a JUCO and get more experience, especially considering he is not playing in high school.  Unfortunately that viewpoint struck a few nerves.  If I'm reading Buzz correctly, he agrees with those of us that felt he is a project and not ready.

I believe what people are looking for is link evidence that you said this. There were some that said Durley wasn't coming, I don't remember you being part of that school of thought. You didn't think he deserved the offer, that it might not be a good signing, but I don't remember anything about you thinking he actually wouldn't come, certainly not that long ago.

If you said it, I would think you would be the best suited person to look at your own posts, find them, and link them for the rest of us. If you recall the "several threads", then who better to prove what you are saying than yourself?

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
Ive been right there with you hoop. It remains hard to have an opinion on this board without getting bashed for it. I respect your opinion and everyone else's.

I personally thought he was borderline on coming here after seeing how he didn't get the playing time he deserved in high school. I thought it would be in his, and the teams best interest for him to go JUCO or prep for a year. Then the Otule injury happened and that made it seem even more likely this would happen. I want Durley to be the next center in line behind DG and Otule, but he might have to take a slight detour on his route to MU. I would take a proven scorer in Lockett next year and let Durley develop for a year before coming on to campus.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
If you said it, I would think you would be the best suited person to look at your own posts, find them, and link them for the rest of us. If you recall the "several threads", then who better to prove what you are saying than yourself?

attempting to use ration with an irrational person?

Good luck with that!

esotericmindguy

• All American
http://www.gomarquette.com/allaccess/

here is the show....buzzs response seemed pretty clear to me without coming right out and stating it.

about the 16:15 mark

Wow, thanks for that. No way Durley is at MU next year.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Ive been right there with you hoop.

This is what I'm not sure about. I don't argue that you haven't been saying it, you've basically been saying you don't think Durley will ever get within 500 miles of Marquette because he's behind Ridley at Fort Bush. I don't dispute you saying that. But I don't remember that argument from Hoop, certainly not 6 months ago. I do remember him saying that he didn't think it was a good signing because of the schools that were in on him (despite interest from Arizona and K-State), but not that he wouldn't be coming.

Saying you don't agree with signing a given player and saying you don't think a player will ever show up are two completely different arguments.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
"His special circumstance, wanting to play closer to home because of his mother’s illness, would also help his chances to play right away as well."

Can someone help me with this one.  How would his desire to play closer to his ailing mother help his chances to play right away?  Thanks.
Also needs to be seeking a masters that asu doesn't offer to play right away, and they offer a ton, so master of catholic theology may be it!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

chapman

• All American
Also needs to be seeking a masters that asu doesn't offer to play right away, and they offer a ton, so master of catholic theology may be it!

Do they have a dental school?  Doesn't look like it from Google.  He could be probably the only D1 basketball player in dental school!

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
This is what I'm not sure about. I don't argue that you haven't been saying it, you've basically been saying you don't think Durley will ever get within 500 miles of Marquette because he's behind Ridley at Fort Bush. I don't dispute you saying that. But I don't remember that argument from Hoop, certainly not 6 months ago. I do remember him saying that he didn't think it was a good signing because of the schools that were in on him (despite interest from Arizona and K-State), but not that he wouldn't be coming.

Saying you don't agree with signing a given player and saying you don't think a player will ever show up are two completely different arguments.
I want Durley to be the next center in line behind DG and Otule, but he might have to take a slight detour on his route to MU. I would take a proven scorer in Lockett next year and let Durley develop for a year before coming on to campus.

NersEllenson

• All American

Sounds an awful lot like:  "I knew when we recruited Tyshawn Taylor to Marquette that he was a National Championship caliber guard."

Easy to see the love affair Hoop has with Tom Crean, as they both like telling everybody how right they were.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Do they have a dental school?  Doesn't look like it from Google.  He could be probably the only D1 basketball player in dental school!

then 4never could adopt the cat, and as the child of a university employee, get free tuition, aina?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Wow, thanks for that. No way Durley is at MU next year.
Yeah, thanks a buttload.  I didn't realize we could watch those. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

I want Durley to be the next center in line behind DG and Otule, but he might have to take a slight detour on his route to MU.

::) ::) **SMH**  ::) ::)

You have been nothing if not consistent in your distaste for Durley over the past 3-4 months. One sentence today doesn't change that.

esotericmindguy

• All American
Yeah, thanks a buttload.  I didn't realize we could watch those. 

Am I sensing sarcasm? I was referring to his comments regarding Durley, never heard or read those comments in the past.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain

::) ::) **SMH**  ::) ::)

You have been nothing if not consistent in your distaste for Durley over the past 3-4 months. One sentence today doesn't change that.
Where are you getting my distaste for him? I recall saying he seemed like a very nice person and liked MU. I said I thought it would be better for him to go JUCO or prep for a year and I still stand by that. Your the one who said it would be better to have him sit on the bench at MU. So would you still have him on the bench instead of Lockett?

real chili 83

• All American

Ever the victim.

Don't feed trolls.  Not just you Sultan....all of us.