[Today at 05:29:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by bilsu
[Today at 03:32:11 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[June 05, 2024, 02:41:31 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[June 05, 2024, 08:19:01 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Rothstein: Marquette emerging as landing spot for transfer Lockett  (Read 9543 times)

PaintTouchesSays

Rothstein: Marquette emerging as landing spot for transfer Lockett

Written by: Mark Strotman

According to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein, Marquette has emerged as the front runner for Arizona State transfer Trent Lockett. Lockett, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, was granted his release from Arizona State last week. The junior is looking to transfer closer … Continue reading →

http://painttouches.com/2012/04/10/rothstein-marquette-emerging-as-landing-spot-for-transfer-lockett/

PaintTouchesSays

Rothstein: Marquette ‘emerging as landing spot’ for transfer Lockett

Written by: Mark Strotman

According to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein, Marquette has emerged as the front runner for Arizona State transfer Trent Lockett. Lockett, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, was granted his release from Arizona State last week. The junior is looking to transfer closer … Continue reading →

http://painttouches.com/2012/04/10/rothstein-marquette-emerging-as-landing-spot-for-transfer-lockett/

Markusquette

• All American
Would be a huge get imo.  Proven player that can make an immediate impact.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
Seems like a perfect match to me...I'd LOVE to have him on board!

We R Final Four

• All American
"His special circumstance, wanting to play closer to home because of his mother’s illness, would also help his chances to play right away as well."

Can someone help me with this one.  How would his desire to play closer to his ailing mother help his chances to play right away?  Thanks.

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
"His special circumstance, wanting to play closer to home because of his mother’s illness, would also help his chances to play right away as well."

Can someone help me with this one.  How would his desire to play closer to his ailing mother help his chances to play right away?  Thanks.

I think it's the fact that he will graduate this spring which will let him play right away, but he'd have to go for an advanced degree with ASU doesn't offer to do so.  Masters in Theology here he comes.

jficke13

• All American

I think that I've heard of 'special circumstances' transfers not needing to sit out before. I can't quote the rule on it, but I'm fairly certain it's happened before. Probably a sick close family member would qualify.

🏀

• All American
95% sure Jamil went for a family hardship waiver, but was not granted.

Will really depend on the circumstances.

GGGG

• All American
If he graduates from ASU and enrolls in grad school at MU the waiver won't matter.

GGGG

• All American
Let me also add that apparently the basketball banquet is Wednesday (tonight.)  If that is the case, we may hear of a transfer out later this week or next if there is one.  Erik Williams didn't announce his until early May last year though.

Goose

• All American
Would have to think that one or more transfers look likely. We will know in next several weeks but I am now leaning heavily that transfer will happen.

JTBMU7

• All American
thanks strotty, keep us posted...

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Would have to think that one or more transfers look likely. We will know in next several weeks but I am now leaning heavily that transfer will happen.

Is there any smoke that would leave you to believe this?  Because at this point on the surface a verbal or signed player not coming to MU is just as likely to happen as a transfer
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Goose

• All American
Only smoke to me would us leading school on a kid looking to transfer for next season.

bilsu

• All American
Let me also add that apparently the basketball banquet is Wednesday (tonight.)  If that is the case, we may hear of a transfer out later this week or next if there is one.  Erik Williams didn't announce his until early May last year though.
I think MU will not release a player until the semester is completed, so do not expect to here anything before that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Mark mentions three possibilities that would open up a spot for Lockett -  transfer of one of our current players, one of our signed newcomers not arriving or one of our current players not making it academically. I'm okay with A or B but C would trouble me.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Guessing that there will be a transfer out of the program isn't exactly an earth shattering prediction.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Guessing that there will be a transfer out of the program isn't exactly an earth shattering prediction.

My only question is who that transfer might be. There's no guarantee that it'd be someone looking for more PT. Possibly a projected starter or major contributor might not be as happy as we hope, or a guy could be encouraged to look elsewhere to alleviate off-court issues. Who knows what might lead to a transfer?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

reinko

• All American
My only question is who that transfer might be. There's no guarantee that it'd be someone looking for more PT. Possibly a projected starter or major contributor might not be as happy as we hope, or a guy could be encouraged to look elsewhere to alleviate off-court issues. Who knows what might lead to a transfer?

I thought as a fire fighter, you try to put them out, not get them going.   ;)

MUfan12

• All American

Yep. They're being mentioned with too many transfers and 2013 recruits for there not to be. Buzz is obviously still recruiting for those spots, so I'm guessing at least one opens up.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
Apparently none of you people watched the last Buzz Williams show of the season??

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Apparently none of you people watched the last Buzz Williams show of the season??
  I missed it.  I don't live in Milwaukee.  Fill me in please Dimes.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MU82

• All American
I haven't seen this kid, but his profile and stats suggest he has attributes that could greatly benefit our team next year.

He is an all-around player who fills up a box score very nicely, a la Jae or Vander. And very encouraging is the way his 3-point pct has increased dramatically from freshman to soph to junior years. That suggests he has a nice outside shot (which we desperately need) and that he is willing to work to make it better.

Sounds like if he chooses MU, it's a no-brainer. All kinds of ways to open a scholarship. My personal fave based on info that we know would be convincing Durley to go to some kind of prep school, but there are plenty of other options.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American

He mentioned Durley and something about how him and Otule's sixth year, but I thought that comment could be interpreted multiple ways. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Guessing what CD is referring to is that Buzz largely said that because of Otule's 6th year, Durley's situation changed. He didn't say how it would play out, but it definitely sounded like Durley coming here was no longer as automatic as it was back in December before CO's injury.

If Durley goes prep or JUCO, that would open up one scholarship for 2012-13, which could be filled by a one-year transfer like Lockett, giving us 13 scholarship players for that year. And while Otule would keep his scholarship for 2012-13, Cadougan and Lockett would both matriculate, which would open up the scholarships for Deonte Burton and Duane Wilson, meaning we are right on track with scholarships for 2013-14 as well. It would also set us up for a 5-man recruiting class in 2014.

Of course, it's all speculation right now, but if any of our 2012 recruits didn't end up here, it would solve all the oversigning issues people seem to be worried about. And Buzz's comments seemed to indicate Durley would be the most likely recruit to fit that scenario.

The problem this creates, however, is no open scholarships for 2013 and both Otule and Gardner graduating at the end of 2014, meaning we would have no players bigger than 6'8" going into the 2014-15 year, other that potential new recruits. That's a long way off, but it seems like the plan was to have Durley in place to take over the center role as a junior that year.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.