[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: If we must...  (Read 19152 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
If we must...
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »
you better go back and review the real facts of the case-zimmerman did not chase tyvon. and zimmerman was getting the schmit knocked out of him.  zimmerman also backed off after the 911 call and was going back to his car when trayvon suddenly re-appeared and the fight was on.  trayvon wasn't the alter-boy he was first portrayed as and was much bigger than mr. zimmerman.  did that give zimmerman the right to shoot/kill him?  that's going to be the million dollar issue.  i'm not going to touch the rest of your comments as i see they are already tainted by the racist and bised media. does duke lacrosse team ring any bells?  yet this needs to be re-reviewed outside of the media, but the damage is already done.  i hope justice prevails.  the racist part?  i know you did not call me a racist, but i was kinda responding to all the posts against me in one.  skatman called me a "super racist" and southie says i'm "ignorant".  i'm not arrogant, just standing up for myself.  i don't think an english teacher is going to give south a passing grade for his argument, but that goes with the territory.  

First, here are the facts:

On Feb 26th Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman as he returned from a local 7-Eleven after buying a bag of Skittles and iced tea.
After that he was then spotted by Zimmerman while returning to his father's girlfriend's apartment inside their gated community when Zimmerman called 911, explaining that Trayvon, who was wearing a hoodie at the time, a pair of blue jeans, and red/white sneakers, looked suspicious.
Zimmerman then pursued Trayvon even after he was told not to by the 911 dispatcher.
When Zimmerman approached Trayvon, the two got into a scuffle, resulting in Trayvon taking a bullet to the chest at point blank range.
Zimmerman claimed that he shot Trayvon on the grounds of self-defense and has since been in hiding.

Anything else can distort these truths.

Second, it appears that the MU situation has been dealt with but not to everyone's liking.

Per Larry the AD: "We cooperated fully with the Milwaukee Police Department on its investigations, which resulted in the six underage citations and no additional citations. We referred the players involved to the university's student conduct system, as would be the case for any Marquette student. Individuals were disciplined as appropriate for a violation of team and departmental rules."

Done. And done. Move along everyone.
SS Marquette

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
If we must...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »
So says the guy who thinks every rap concert or evening at a hip-hop nightclub ends with "x" number of bullets flying  ::)

firedude-"every"??  comprehension is important too.  you guys are really trying hard to create something controversial here. whoa, can't say fried chicken and african american in the same sentence.  linnsanity 101-chink in the armour-oh-oh.  once again, it's content of the character not the color of the skin.  can anyone say a few things without some type of veiled attempts at censorship or slapdown.  i suggest ya'll re-read my stuff very slowly and if ya still see racism or prejudice, re-read again...

wyzgy

• Team Captain
If we must...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »

On Feb 26th Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman as he returned from a local 7-Eleven after buying a bag of Skittles and iced tea.
After that he was then spotted by Zimmerman while returning to his father's girlfriend's apartment inside their gated community when Zimmerman called 911, explaining that Trayvon, who was wearing a hoodie at the time, a pair of blue jeans, and red/white sneakers, looked suspicious.
Zimmerman then pursued Trayvon even after he was told not to by the 911 dispatcher.
When Zimmerman approached Trayvon, the two got into a scuffle, resulting in Trayvon taking a bullet to the chest at point blank range.
Zimmerman claimed that he shot Trayvon on the grounds of self-defense and has since been in hiding.

Second, it appears that the MU situation has been dealt with but not to everyone's liking.

Per Larry the AD: "We cooperated fully with the Milwaukee Police Department on its investigations, which resulted in the six underage citations and no additional citations. We referred the players involved to the university's student conduct system, as would be the case for any Marquette student. Individuals were disciplined as appropriate for a violation of team and departmental rules."

Done. And done. Move along everyone.

you better re-listen to the 911 tapes and not the ones offered/spliced up by nbc, cnn, msnbc, etc.  my understanding is as you mention, except zimmerman, after speaking to the 911 operator, stopped pursuing trayvon and was going back to his truck where upon he was approached by trayvon-try this link.  it's pretty detailed with maps and timelines

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/evidence-that-trayvon-martin-doubled-back

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
If we must...
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:09:23 PM »
People are confusing racism and prejudice.  Racism denotes folks with power actively keeping others of different races from receiving certain rights, usually through acts or intimidation.  While prejudice is people making negative statements or generating stereotypes about people from certain backgrounds, and drawing conclusions based on those false generalizations.

Language is important folks.

Stop being racist against me.

77ncaachamps

• All American
If we must...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
you better re-listen to the 911 tapes and not the ones offered/spliced up by nbc, cnn, msnbc, etc.  my understanding is as you mention, except zimmerman, after speaking to the 911 operator, stopped pursuing trayvon and was going back to his truck where upon he was approached by trayvon-try this link.  it's pretty detailed with maps and timelines

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/evidence-that-trayvon-martin-doubled-back

No need to listen to the tapes.

The man was told not to pursue. He didn't.
Got beat up for not exercising common sense and killed a boy as a result.

Whatever happened to the days when fists would solve problems instead of guns?
Whatever happened to the days when words would solve problems instead of fists?
SS Marquette

wyzgy

• Team Captain
If we must...
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
No need to listen to the tapes.

The man was told not to pursue. He didn't.
Got beat up for not exercising common sense and killed a boy as a result.

Whatever happened to the days when fists would solve problems instead of guns?
Whatever happened to the days when words would solve problems instead of fists?

i agree with you with fists or words being the better solution and not in that order, but again, please read the link i posted from waglist as that is what gives us the best clarification or evidence of what transpired  at this point.  now that may change some, but we should allow the courts to play this out properly without anyone else getting killed.  no need to listen to the tapes??  i hope you never serve on jury duty for a case like this.  you are denying both of these people due process-this is america-remember?  not iran or syria or libya or....

77ncaachamps

• All American
If we must...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »
  i agree with you with fists or words being the better solution and not in that order, but again, please read the link i posted from waglist as that is what gives us the best clarification or evidence of what transpired  at this point.  now that may change some, but we should allow the courts to play this out properly without anyone else getting killed.  no need to listen to the tapes??  i hope you never serve on jury duty for a case like this.  you are denying both of these people due process-this is america-remember?  not iran or syria or libya or....

I'm not on a jury hence I don't need to waste my time on a link. The facts will remain true: until the only living person actively engaged in the confrontation shows up in a court of law.

Now, if I *was* on a jury, this would all be presented to me...in a court of law...not in a court of public opinion...and I would give him the due process he deserves.
SS Marquette

wyzgy

• Team Captain
If we must...
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »
I'm not on a jury hence I don't need to waste my time on a link. The facts will remain true: until the only living person actively engaged in the confrontation shows up in a court of law.

Now, if I *was* on a jury, this would all be presented to me...in a court of law...not in a court of public opinion...and I would give him the due process he deserves.

nice

forgetful

• All American
If we must...
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »

Eye witness reports say that they heard a verbal argument before any scuffle broke out.  Zimmerman initially claimed that he was jumped from behind and attacked without provocation.  He later changed his story to Trayvon verbally confronted him about why he was being followed.

All the rest of this map making on the link you have is pure conjecture.  77ncaachamps spelled out the facts quite accurately.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: If we must...
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »

77NC, I'm afraid a number of those "truths" aren't proven yet.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »
Eye witness reports say that they heard a verbal argument before any scuffle broke out.  Zimmerman initially claimed that he was jumped from behind and attacked without provocation.  He later changed his story to Trayvon verbally confronted him about why he was being followed.

All the rest of this map making on the link you have is pure conjecture.  77ncaachamps spelled out the facts quite accurately.

He also did not have any physical markings that would suggest he had been attacked and beaten up by Martin, like was reported, in the surveillance videos at the police station when he was brought in. Obviously he would have been cleaned up at the scene, but there still would have been bruises and scars. He was said to be bleeding from the back of his head. There are no marks on the back of his head.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

augoman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »
God I don't know how I got sucked into this, but there are marks, wounds visible on the back of his head in the surveillance tapes shown recently.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »
Super bar?

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »
Super bar?
This is definitely basketball related...

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
"you better re-listen to the 911 tapes and not the ones offered/spliced up by nbc, cnn, msnbc, etc."

Oh, that's right! The only real information you can believe in is FOX News right? I noticed you didn't mention them. Way to be an independent thinker. Just listen to one station and one "slanted" side of a story everyday. Then tell everyone that all the other media outlets are liberal. Yeah, I get it! It's called stupidity!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »
This is definitely basketball related...

the miami heat took a nice photo with all players, including d wade, wearing hoodies...

i do think this has a bit to do about what goose and others have talked about regarding buzz and mu admin.  i think buzz is more than happy to take a kid who has some issues and try to make him a man.  hence his tears and comments on mayo never being loved.  i think it pisses buzz off when a catholic university doesn't allow him to do this.  these kids aren't going to all of a sudden stop making mistakes, hell statistics show most grew up with one parent if they were lucky.  so, while i believe buzz does everything he can to help them, it has to be heart breaking to him when his kids make mistakes, and it doesn't help if the university gets on his case about it rather than helping him develop his players off the court.  the press release regarding the bar incident should be as simple as "we have a few players who made poor decisions, we love these kids and realize that kids make mistakes, and part of making mistakes is beind held accountable and correcting the mistake.  we'll do everything we can as a university to ensure that these players grow from this situation by being held accountable for their actions."  instead we have some who see it as a huge embarassment, which seems a double standard to me if they're not also embarassed of our number one booster.  

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »

are you talking about the 911 tapes that prove it wasn't zimmerman screaming for help...

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
"you better re-listen to the 911 tapes and not the ones offered/spliced up by nbc, cnn, msnbc, etc."

Oh, that's right! The only real information you can believe in is FOX News right? I noticed you didn't mention them. Way to be an independent thinker. Just listen to one station and one "slanted" side of a story everyday. Then tell everyone that all the other media outlets are liberal. Yeah, I get it! It's called stupidity!

dude, sorry to tell ya, but fox news is one of the few that haven't formed an opinion. nbc is taking it up the uranus as we speak for their award winning manipulation.  dan rather is breathing a sigh of relief right now as this bone-job is making him look like walter cronkite  i'm talking about NEWS, not hannity or greta or o'reilly  what i'm also gathering is from drudge and breitbart if that's o.k. with you. i am reading from many sources.  the other  "laim stream media outlets are liberal and that's a fact and a whole different argument, well, it's not really an argument. 

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »

is that right?  pure?  and tell your buddy wadesworld that he is dead wrong about zimmerman being free of any injuries-that's another boner nbc has fired their news guy over among other journalistic mal-integrities/malpratice if you will, but then again, not many standards left to be held to among the little 3 anymore

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 11:51:09 PM »
wyzgy were you there?  Did you listen to what he said in the 911 call?  "There's a real suspicious guy."  OK...  "This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something.  It's raining and he's just walking around looking about."  I'm not sure about you, but nothing there seems very suspicious to me...  "He's just staring, looking at all the houses."  Again, I don't really think that's suspicious.  Not sure about you, but when I go for walks I sometimes look at a few houses along the way.  "Now he's just staring at me."  If I was just walking around with a hood up in the rain and I saw somebody watching my every move on a phone I would probably stare at that person too.  Again, what is out of the ordinary?  "He's got his hand in his wasteband."  Already setting himself up for his "self defense" theory, hoping he has some kind of weapon that he's threatening him with.  "He's a black male."  He already said that.  Is that why he's suspicious?  Because he's a black male?  Otherwise why continue to bring it up?  "He's got a button on his shirt."  OH MY!  "Something's wrong with him."  What?  How?  Why?  "Yup, he's coming to check me out."  Again, if you're just walking down the street and some guy is watching your every step and on his cell phone, wouldn't you be a bit curious as to why that person was watching you so closely too?  "He's got something in his hands.  I don't know what his deal is."  What deal?  He's walking down the street with something in his hands.  That made you suspicious and call the police?  Yeesh.  I can only imagine how many times people should've called the police on me then.  "These pretty boys.  They always get away."  What?!  Get away with what?  He has yet to say what he is doing besides "acting suspicious" for "looking at the houses."  "crap, he's running."  I'd run too if I was 17 and a guy in his 30s was following me.  When asked if he's following him he says "yeah" and then only says "okay" when told they don't need him too.  How do we know he stopped following him?  We don't know that.  I can't really tell what he says after "Aww crap...," but I'm pretty sure it ends "I don't know where this kid is."  This is well after the guy tells him specifically not to chase after the kid, but he clearly is still following him if he's disappointed he lost the kid.  Then after setting up a place for him to meet the police he changes his mind and decides to have them call him when they get there to tell them where he is.  Hmm...wonder why...maybe he continued to pursue the kid after being told not to do so?  Otherwise he would be walking back to his truck or going to his house, both of which he knows where they are.

My biggest problem with their timeline is it says that at 2:45 (it's really at 2:39) "He ran...Zimmerman stops and completes the 911 call."

They then completely ignore the "Aww crap, I don't wanna (it sounds like get the hell out, but I really can't tell what he mutters), I don't know where this kid is."  This is at 3:38 in the tape, a minute after they claim he stopped pursuing the kid and started walking back to the truck.  To me, it's pretty obvious that isn't what happened.  He was still pursuing Martin a minute after they claim he stopped and lost him, which is why he said "I don't know where this kid is."  Why is he still pursuing Martin?  He claims to have stopped pursuing him, but he claimed that it was a minute before this even happened.  Can we really trust that he stopped pursuing him at all?

He called the police because a black kid was walking around with his hood up in the rain carrying something in his hand and looking at houses.  That is suspicious?  That led him to believe he was up to no good and/or on drugs?  That he needed to follow him to make sure he didn't do anything wrong?  Didn't he do (more than) enough by getting the cops involved in something there was absolutely, positively no reason to get them involved in?  Then the cops tell him to stop following the kid and he clearly did not do so for at least another minute, if at all?

I'm sorry, you can believe that article to be the Bible and write off any other story to be falsified, but based on what he is saying to the dispatcher it is extremely clear he had not stopped following Martin.  I am sure he claimed he stopped following him within the investigation, but he never even tells the dispatcher that he actually did stop following him, he just says "OK."  And again, why the "Aww crap...I don't know where this kid is" a minute later if he was not still following him?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
all i'm saying wade is that i'm still gathering facts and listening to the evidence as it omes out.  i hope this gets to the courts so all this stuff can be sorted out.  you seem to use the word "clearly" a lot and then go on cataloging a lot of why/what if's.  there are very few "clearlys here.  you question the fact that trayvons movements were scrutinized so closely a lot.  well, this was some type of gsted community that had a pretty active block watch thing going on.  i'm going to go out on a limb here, but my thinking is that they've had a history of criminal activity in the area.  did trayvon fit the description of someone possibly involved in any of their previous illicit activity?  i will submit that zimmerman's actions did seem a little over zealous, but i've been fortunate not to have been robbed much, but did have a gun pointed at me by a car load of "african americans once.  do i think all cars full of african am.'s have guns and are going to point them at me?  nope.  but i am slightly more vigilant/observant now.  i also have certification for a conceal n carry and have experience with guns all my life.  i would not have done/pursued trayvon as mr. zimmerman did, but i' haven't lived his life.  our onceal n carry training tells us NOT to pursue, rather, escape potential danger at all costs.  my whole point here is the media is doing this whole situation a huge diservice to advance an agenda.  journalism has gone down the toilet like many other things in our society-happy thanksgiving-peace and love to all

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »
-happy thanksgiving-peace and love to all

Perfect cherry on the cake of a crazy, incoherent wyzgy rambling.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »
There's plenty of room to feel that Zimmerman's side of events has some credibility. Very well could be justifiable self defense under Florida law. No need to demonize him until facts are presented and verified one way or another.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
Perfect cherry on the cake of a crazy, incoherent wyzgy rambling.

in other words, it was too compliated fer ya-next time i'll write slower so you may comprende senor

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »
There's plenty of room to feel that Zimmerman's side of events has some credibility. Very well could be justifiable self defense under Florida law. No need to demonize him until facts are presented and verified one way or another.

the most intelligent omment of day-summarizes my thoughts well-thank you

feedback