[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: As bad as this is...  (Read 23468 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: As bad as this is...
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »
Ding, Ding, Ding. Cheebs, you hit the nail on the head.

To be funny (see 4ever, ZFB, PRN, Warthog, etc) requires insight and insight allows one to see what a phony, self serving tool TC is. The result? Mostly spot on, often hilarious comments about the departed.

The notoriously unfunny (Hoop, his BFF. etc) don't get the joke. This results in long winded, tedious and repetitive defenses of all things Crean/Harbaugh in which anger and namecalling substitute for humor.

Lenny, you are the 5th head on the mt Rushmore of the FFC society.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
This forum will be downright insufferable next season when Indiana enters the season ranked in the top five.

Give it up.

It's not where you start that counts.....
He'll find a way to soil the linens.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 04:57:01 PM »
Also, what does it say about someone who would create an alternative internet personality to continue his campaign of reviving the reputation of that former coach? Who is crazier -- the fan who deplores the way that Crean left Marquette or the fan who will invent a fake nom de cyber in order to excuse the way Crean left?

I haven't created anything of the kind.  I have one username and one username only.  I have been accused of being other people but you are wrong. You can keep saying it over and over and over again and lure posters to your way of thinking if you wish.  Nothing I can do about that.

Rather paradoxical that you say I defend Crean on every post when most of your posts are focused about me and accusing me of being someone else. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
No big east... I still love that one

MU was invited to the Big East after our Final Four run.  Some will believe we would have received an invite no matter what.  You are entitled to your opinion.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »
MU was invited to the Big East after our Final Four run.  Some will believe we would have received an invite no matter what.  You are entitled to your opinion.

Did I4 get an invite for depaul too?  Or was that due to pat Kennedy's connections?

leever

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
Did I4 get an invite for depaul too?  Or was that due to pat Kennedy's connections?

I am pretty sure that I4 tweeted something to the effect that "I always knew that Depaul had a Big East quality basketball program, and I'm pleased that I was right" - - or something like that

nyg

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
 I4 is a happy man today.  Zeller and Watford returning.  With their recruiting class, especially that Yogi Ferrell PG, they will be very good.  Oh well......

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 10:39:21 AM »
IU is oversigned by one player for next year.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »
IU is oversigned by one player for next year.

makes me squirm

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
I haven't created anything of the kind.  I have one username and one username only.  I have been accused of being other people but you are wrong. You can keep saying it over and over and over again and lure posters to your way of thinking if you wish.  Nothing I can do about that.

Rather paradoxical that you say I defend Crean on every post when most of your posts are focused about me and accusing me of being someone else. 

This ... really doesn't answer the question.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »
Lenny, you are the 5th head on the mt Rushmore of the FFC society.

Ziggy, I'm honored and humbled. Maybe Chicos will come east for the dedication.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
not only that but make up a wholly different charcter?  Never any doubt the guy had issues but he is taking it to a whole new level.  really pathetic life

My personal favorite was the BS about how Hoop and The Bail Bondsman grabbed a beer together

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
I decided to give hoopaloop a break after multiple PM's where he swore he wasn't chicos.   Some of his takes in the Trayvon Martin thread, however, are written with nearly identical tone, syntax, and use of random links and emoticons as the bailbondsman.   Just like the threads that caused him to be banned, this one seems to have robbed him of his ability to try to be someone else.    So, hoopy, er, chicos, er anonymous poster coming from multiple anonymous addresses, welcome to 'ignore.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »
My personal favorite was the BS about how Hoop and The Bail Bondsman grabbed a beer together

you don't want to drink alone.

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink with ChicosBailBonds."

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »

BS?  It was in his backyard with his wife and my wife.  No BS at all.  I'm tiring of your accusations.  We were at their house for several hours then on to the Disney parks.  

I joined Scoop months before the Bail Bondsmen was kicked out, but you guys ignore this.  I was accused of using an improper email address, Rocky helped me correct that and my email is right there for all to see.  Please feel free to send me one if you wish.  Yes, we use VPN at work, it's required whenever we go on the internet or communicate via email.  This is rather common these days for corporations.  It was at my last company and no different with this one.  

I'm sure he is chuckling that a year later you guys still can't get over him, much like the same guys can't get over Crean 4 years over. Pattern?  Absolutely.  

To be funny (see 4ever, ZFB, PRN, Warthog, etc) requires insight and insight allows one to see what a phony, self serving tool TC is. The result? Mostly spot on, often hilarious comments about the departed.

Well, you got one part right.  4ever is funny.  The rest of you aren't.  Nothing worse then someone who thinks they are funny and then practicing their humor consistently to the applause of their own hands only.  You only hope someone can whisper in their ear to tell them the truth, they aren't funny and only entertain themselves and their small circus of unfunny compadres. 

4ever is funny.   ;D 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:55:25 PM by Hoopaloop »

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »

Timeline

March 2003, Marquette goes to the Final Four
April 2003, "Mike Tranghese, commissioner of the Big East, dropped a bombshell — that the ACC was secretly trying to lure away Big East members.[13] Over the next several months, the ACC held meetings and discussions. Ultimately, Virginia Tech was invited to join the conference, along with Miami. Boston College was added the following year. Virginia Tech finally had achieved what Frank Moseley had sought so long ago — membership in the ACC."

Summer 2003, Big East begins to look at adding teams to replace Va Tech and Miami.
September 2003, MU's name mentioned for Big East
November 4, 2003, Marquette invited to join the Big East

The Big East was not expanding until they lost members, which was one month after we went to the Final Four.  With MU coming off a Final Four, we were a hot property which made perfect sense.  DePaul was not bad back then and they could deliver Chicago and made for an ideal travel partner.   

Let us put this another way, if Va Tech and BC and Miami had left in 2001 instead of April 2003, would Marquette have been invited?  The selection would have been considerably more up in the air. 

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=BS8jAAAAIBAJ&sjid=M0UEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6590,3717250&dq=marquette+big+east&hl=en

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
BS?  It was in his backyard with his wife and my wife.  No BS at all.  I'm tiring of your accusations.  We were at their house for several hours then on to the Disney parks.  

I joined Scoop months before the Bail Bondsmen was kicked out, but you guys ignore this.  I was accused of using an improper email address, Rocky helped me correct that and my email is right there for all to see.  Please feel free to send me one if you wish.  Yes, we use VPN at work, it's required whenever we go on the internet or communicate via email.  This is rather common these days for corporations.  It was at my last company and no different with this one.  

I'm sure he is chuckling that a year later you guys still can't get over him, much like the same guys can't get over Crean 4 years over. Pattern?  Absolutely.  

If you aren't CBB, it seems a little strange to seek out an anonymous poster on the internet and meet up, maybe that's just me.

Well, you got one part right.  4ever is funny.  The rest of you aren't.  Nothing worse then someone who thinks they are funny and then practicing their humor consistently to the applause of their own hands only.  You only hope someone can whisper in their ear to tell them the truth, they aren't funny and only entertain themselves and their small circus of unfunny compadres. 

4ever is funny.   ;D 

Might I direct you to the following thread, perhaps you should take a look in the mirror.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32016.msg381247#msg381247

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
I4 is a happy man today.  Zeller and Watford returning.  With their recruiting class, especially that Yogi Ferrell PG, they will be very good.  Oh well......

Yes, they have a point guard now for next year which is troubling.  They played this year basically without one and if you pressed them you could turn them over.  They will be really good next year with extremely high expectations.  The Packers will be really good next year also, but as a Bears fan apparently I am not allowed to make that obvious statement (Purdue fans can't say IU will be good, Bears fans can't say Packers will be good.  To be a fan you must ignore reality.  ::) )

leever

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
Yes, they have a point guard now for next year which is troubling.  They played this year basically without one and if you pressed them you could turn them over.  They will be really good next year with extremely high expectations.  The Packers will be really good next year also, but as a Bears fan apparently I am not allowed to make that obvious statement (Purdue fans can't say IU will be good, Bears fans can't say Packers will be good.  To be a fan you must ignore reality.  ::) )

Lent is over.  Your penchant for self flagellation is ill-timed.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
Hoopaloop: "Honey? When we get to California, would you mind if you, me and the kids spend a few hours with a guy I never met, but have conversed with online?"

Mrs. Hoopaloop: "Considering that's how we met, that sounds like a great idea. I can't wait." 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »
PRN
Nicely done!

Hoop
4ever is frickin clever, best of the bunch.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 06:41:50 PM »

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink with ChicosBailBonds."

Absolutely hilarious. It would be interesting to drink with The Bail Bondsman but within the hour he would piss me off and  force me to kick his ass

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 07:22:12 PM »
PRN
Nicely done!

Hoop
4ever is frickin clever, best of the bunch.

Nah 4never is overrated.  ;D

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »
Hoopaloop: "Honey? When we get to California, would you mind if you, me and the kids spend a few hours with a guy I never met, but have conversed with online?"

Mrs. Hoopaloop: "Considering that's how we met, that sounds like a great idea. I can't wait." 

Why, yes and no.  Not exactly like that but can fill in the details for you. He had some tickets for us to the theme parks (Disney) that I asked him for several weeks prior to heading out there.  I'm pretty confident that he has hooked up a number of people on this board with tickets, Direct tv stuff, auction items, you name it.  Through his job he got us some tickets for the two parks so we picked them up and stayed awhile.

Why does trouble you?  Our intent was to come over for an hour and have a beer before going back to the hotel.  We stayed more like 2 hours and had a good time. 

From what I understand, other MU fans have been to his place over the years.  I do not remember the names but he mentioned probably a half dozen or so.  I recall him saying he has also met up with a bunch of guys at NCAA games in San Diego, Anahaim, San Jose and Boise, even took one of the mods here to a Packers game in Dallas a number of years ago.  Do not know the name, sorry.

Maybe instead of chastizing him, Norm and the others here like you did last week, you could be a bit less hostile (or were you attempting humor and not very good at it).  You can be really disrespectful at times.  Only my opinion, but we are all Marquette fans here and there is no need for it.  Opinions are a good thing.

My wife and I did not meet that way and it is really of no concern of yours how we met, though I find it to be a cute story. Maybe one day you will have that beer with me as I offered months ago but you declined and called it creepy.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
I still genuinely believe that it is 2 people, but that Chicos got a friend to sign up and they both post under the same name. That last post does not sound like Chicos. Now, everything on the Trayvon Martin thread? I agree with tower here -- it screams Chicos.