Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: katz wishful thinking  (Read 13731 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: katz wishful thinking
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
Explain what "has happened" off the court. Not what somebody alleges happened. What happened. Enlighten us.

And not just what your niece thinks of it
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Goose

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »
If their were any major off court infractions they would be known or Buzz would have been fired. I would think Buzz getting scolded for dancing might show where the bar is set for behavior.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »
And not just what your niece thinks of it

Or Derrick Wendler.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

attackelite

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
Explain what "has happened" off the court. Not what somebody alleges happened. What happened. Enlighten us.

You can believe or not believe what has happened. It's up to you.  I know what I know and I believe what I believe.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »

You can believe or not believe what has happened. It's up to you.  I know what I know and I believe what I believe.
Well that clears it up.  Good job!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »

You know what I believe? That we shouldn't put the future of our basketball program in jeopardy because of something a jilted 18 year old girl says.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »
Done Deal...

Hello Bruce Weber...

Grats on SMU hiring Bruce Weber!

attackelite

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
Take the blinders off. The sexual assaults and bar fight happened.  Thats off the court issues. Are MU players 100% at fault no but they are accountable.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
Take the blinders off. The sexual assaults and bar fight happened.  Thats off the court issues. Are MU players 100% at fault no but they are accountable.

Did I miss the official news report and police investigation on the bar fight?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
Take the blinders off. The sexual assaults and bar fight happened.  Thats off the court issues. Are MU players 100% at fault no but they are accountable.

Did I miss where they were proven guilty in the court of law?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »

I'm not willing to make that jump.

We don't know exactly what happened, but the resulting PR wasn't good. MU's players need to be more aware of their "fame" and be more responsible than the average MU student.

I think that's reasonable.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 10:38:03 AM »
You know what I believe? That we shouldn't put the future of our basketball program in jeopardy because of something a jilted 18 year old girl says.

See, now you're on the other extreme and questioning a MU student's character when we don't even know her.

I think it's reasonable to say that we (internet nerds) don't know exactly what has happened in the past 2 years, but the resulting reputation needs to be cleaned up a bit. That's not an attack on Buzz or the players. Just trying to be realistic.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
Done Deal...

Hello Bruce Weber...

Out of morbid curiosity, if it was a done deal, why is SMU reaching out to Seth Greenberg?  (http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2012/march/26/report-smu-interested-seth-greenberg)

I make two promises to you:  1. Buzz will listen to SMU's offer.  2. Buzz will be polite when he declines the job.  Call back when you have a top-175 team.

Coaches are worried about recruiting and job security.  No coach in their right mind jumps ship on a school that allows them to recruit and win.  Especially when he's got mega-recruits coming on in the next two years (and don't even pretend like any recruits will follow a coach to SMU...)  When is the last time that a coach on the top of their game jumped ship to a bottom-tier school on probation for recruiting violations?  Serious question: when is the last time SMU made the tournament?  They haven't won their conference since 1993 and their last Final Four was in 1956.

Is is possible that Buzz leaves for SMU?  Yes.  It's also possible that Buzz leaves for Illinois.  Or South Carolina.  Or Duquesne.  It's just highly unlikely.  Why would Buzz put his family at risk like that?  He could be out of a job by 2014.  Especially when you consider that Buzz's recruiting would be limited by the probation restrictions.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
Seriously?!? That's it?!? That was a whole lot of nothing. As I said in the initial thread on those quotes, Larry basically used different words to say the same things that Buzz has been saying for 5 years.

+1000000000000
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
Dateline 3/12/1907

This just in...SMU is irrelevant in College Bball and you can't always throw money at the problem.

FIXED
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »

Even if the young ladies' accounts are 100% accurate, it is unlikely the case ever gets brought to trial and even more unlikely there is a conviction.    19 and 20 year olds were in a bar not drinking.   How in the world is this even an issue?     Yes, things need to get cleaned up.   But to pretend this is the first time that MU students, MU basketball players, collegiate athletes in general have messed up, and then assume it rises to a firing offense.......nah.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »

Or Derrick Wendler.

excellent pull of Mr Wendler's name.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »
Grats on SMU hiring Bruce Weber!