Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: katz wishful thinking  (Read 13730 times)

sailwi

• All American

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: katz wishful thinking
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »
Read that this morning. The difference is that I'm not sure Buzz has the same motivations as other coaches. The people that hired him and gave him the keys to the castle are gone, and the new guys seem to want to keep a tight leash on him. As Corey said, "You don't mess with happy". Well, it sure looks like Larry Williams has been messing with happy.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 07:04:55 AM »
Katz is wrong more than right....

He is defn wrong in this case...just dotting I's and crossing t's at this point...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »

He is defn wrong in this case...just dotting I's and crossing t's at this point...

Keep dreaming.

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:56 AM »
You want to hug it out...?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:17:50 AM »
You want to hug it out...?

I guess you'll need a shoulder to cry on.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:30 AM »
Read that this morning. The difference is that I'm not sure Buzz has the same motivations as other coaches. The people that hired him and gave him the keys to the castle are gone, and the new guys seem to want to keep a tight leash on him. As Corey said, "You don't mess with happy". Well, it sure looks like Larry Williams has been messing with happy.

People keep referring to a strained relationship between Buzz and Larry. Where is this coming from? Is it just assumed because the AD is new?

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:20:39 AM »
pillows of Buzz's new money will suck up my tears....

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 07:21:30 AM »

So ... I'm one that won't pretend to know Buzz's motivation at all. Without knowing that, I don't know how any of us can say for sure one way or that other.

That said, you've been 100% confident this entire time. What's your source?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
I'll say it again...even if Buzz stays, which I think he will, the fact he is talking to others is disturbing. We need to create environment were our coach only talks to special programs, not jerk off programs.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:20 AM »
People keep referring to a strained relationship between Buzz and Larry. Where is this coming from? Is it just assumed because the AD is new?

Crap that LW has said to the press.  His quotes aren't too hard to find, and people have quoted them in the threads.

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »
So ... I'm one that won't pretend to know Buzz's motivation at all. Without knowing that, I don't know how any of us can say for sure one way or that other.

That said, you've been 100% confident this entire time. What's your source?

its done deal....unless touchdown jesus is playing for marquette now...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »
Crap that LW has said to the press.  His quotes aren't too hard to find, and people have quoted them in the threads.

Seriously?!? That's it?!? That was a whole lot of nothing. As I said in the initial thread on those quotes, Larry basically used different words to say the same things that Buzz has been saying for 5 years.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »

The interview in the JS where Larry seemed to call out Buzz's behavior from day one didn't help the outside perception. That, and that Buzz's general happiness with the job seems to have declined in recent months, since S-Cot's firing, Broeker not being hired, and Williams taking the job. Quite a bit going on to be coincidental.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »
Seriously?!? That's it?!? That was a whole lot of nothing. As I said in the initial thread on those quotes, Larry basically used different words to say the same things that Buzz has been saying for 5 years.

Well, that is all we know.

Who knows.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
The interview in the JS where Larry seemed to call out Buzz's behavior from day one didn't help the outside perception. That, and that Buzz's general happiness with the job seems to have declined in recent months, since S-Cot's firing, Broeker not being hired, and Williams taking the job. Quite a bit going on to be coincidental.

Based on what?

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »
You already said that. I was wondering: how do you know?

You've certainly hit on a nerve for this message board, and I could see it being fun to continually tweak the posters here...especially since you've nothing to lose if you're wrong. And, if that's the case, kudos to you. 32 pages is no small achievement.

So ... What's your source? Just repeating your own rumors or do you have an in? If you really want to send this board into a tizzy, you'd find a way to verify your story.

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 07:32:47 AM »
CofC

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 07:34:35 AM »

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »
Based on what?

I agree.  When have we seen Buzz be "less happy"?

If he leaves, he's not who he pretended to be in public. I don't completely buy his public persona anyway. He *has* to be part entertainer to have this job, and he does it well. That doesn't define him.

But, this wicked spiral the board has gotten in is...odd...to me. I haven't seen anything but speculation, including now on Buzz's general mood.

Other than one comment by LW, does anyone have any hard facts that might lead to Buzz being labeled unhappy?

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »
CofC
Ok. If Buzz leaves, it won't be because of anything this guy knows. Maybe his brother SMU17 has real information?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
Based on what?

Based on Buzz talking about professionalism, saying that he needed to conduct himself more professionally as head coach at Marquette or at another school. Can't remember where I saw that quote, but it was within the past day or two. Buzz never talked about any other schools before this year, LW calling him out publicly, and we now know he's been granted permission to speak to SMU, something that never happened last year with OU or TAMU.

Last year I had no doubts that Buzz would stay. This year I don't feel nearly as certain.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »
I think the 'spiral' reference is accurate. This board, and especially a small handful of especially vocal posters, has managed to whip it (them) selves into a frenzy over the last few days. Now rumors and speculation get blown out of proportion and eventually become fact and voila! Presto chango! There's a Buzz is about to leave crisis!

Nobody has facts. If they do they won't adequately cite sources, so that demotes them to speculation.

Until someone has something new and factual to add, this is a massive exercise in futility.

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 07:43:01 AM »
Ok. If Buzz leaves, it won't be because of anything this guy knows. Maybe his brother SMU17 has real information?

ok...

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:45 AM »
This just in...SMU is irrelevant in College Bball and you can't always throw money at the problem.