[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507191 times)

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #2325 on: March 28, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
Now this doesn't really make a lot of sense. Did you get your identities mixed up again?

The Nightmare, one of my favorite posters, tells it like it is. I really wish Chicos would come clean. He must take us for fools. Really.

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread
« Reply #2326 on: March 28, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »
You'd feel right at home.  They have cables stretched from the bar to the booths.  Every now and then they launch a bomber toward one of the booths.  When it hits the wall it releases its payload and bombs the booth with peanuts.

I saw that in the video. Hilarious. Of course, flying into a wall is not something a pilot like to think about...

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2327 on: March 28, 2012, 01:23:01 AM »
Time to shut er down for the night (morning?)  Hope to see this post get over 100 pages tomorrow.  There must be some world problem we haven't solved yet.  Night all!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #2328 on: March 28, 2012, 01:39:46 AM »
Now this doesn't really make a lot of sense. Did you get your identities mixed up again?

I look forward to the explanation from Hoopaloop on what you've pointed out.  This ought to really put his multiple personality disorder to the test.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GOO

• All American
« Reply #2329 on: March 28, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
For those who read the SMU boards:  who are they trying to hire now? 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2330 on: March 28, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »
Yeah, looked like pretty fresh bite marks on the tail.   Were you in Bottleneck Bay?

Canoe Narrows

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2331 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »
Based on the 90+ pages I'm going to say both of them need to work on trusting each other.  Trustis the "it".

Yeah, just their relationship in general

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2332 on: March 28, 2012, 06:30:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3KskO3_2YQ

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2333 on: March 28, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »
One of these cats will be history, sooner than later.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #2334 on: March 28, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »
BUMP

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2335 on: March 28, 2012, 07:25:31 AM »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2336 on: March 28, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »
All this hamburger talk is keeping me hungry.  On the flip side, I'm patiently waiting for a Chik-A-Fila to open in New England.  I think the closest one might be in like Maryland?!?

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #2337 on: March 28, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
From where I sat, he fanned a fire that didn't need fanning to drive traffic to his new website.

Where do you sit?  A place of ignorance, I assume.  He posted a fact, he did not fan a fire that didn't need fanning.  Buzz was given permission to talk to SMU, Buzz was listening and Buzz was considering.  Others here with inside information have concurred that.  

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2338 on: March 28, 2012, 07:58:58 AM »
IWB did not fan a fire. Have said it a ton but I really do want to hear both good and bad about the program. Wish everything was a positive and unfortunately not reality. He posted a real story and it actually was a positive for me. I think it was very cool how people supported Buzz and let it be known. Too often things go on without most knowing the facts and that sucks.

I do hope IWB does not have any additional bombshells though. The last few days were stressful and I am tired. Really hoping that this ends up being a long term positive for the program. Maybe a somewhat public fight, disagreement or whatever you want to call it made the two sides realize they need each other. Buzz is the face of the school and I feel comfortable with that.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #2339 on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »

Yeah, just their relationship in general

Let's not forget, LW was brought in here in December.  The Basketball season was in progress and starting to heat up.  Two months later, there is the bar incident.  They never had a real opportunity to work on that relationship.

I don't presume that because they are having struggles right now that that will continue.  Give each a time to decompress and there is plenty of opportunity to have a long and wonderful working relationship.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2340 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:30 AM »
All this hamburger talk is keeping me hungry.  On the flip side, I'm patiently waiting for a Chik-A-Fila to open in New England.  I think the closest one might be in like Maryland?!?

Drive down there. Maybe they'll use you in a commercial....

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2341 on: March 28, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »
I'm only counting on Buzz being here for one or two more years at a maximum.  Anything over that is gravy.

The good news, in my opinion, is that I think one or two more years will be enough for the program to continue its leap.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2342 on: March 28, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »

Nah, I've eaten at some in NJ.

http://chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Locator

Two in MA would be the closest for you!

Pleased to say there are 27 locations within a 20 mile radius of me.  However, in the south the drive-thru line tends to wrap around the entire building during peak hours.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #2343 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
I'm only counting on Buzz being here for one or two more years at a maximum.  Anything over that is gravy.

The good news, in my opinion, is that I think one or two more years will be enough for the program to continue its leap.

That's a very Mayan like prediction when you consider MU hoops cannot exist without Buzz Williams... at least according to some.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2344 on: March 28, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »
I'm only counting on Buzz being here for one or two more years at a maximum.  Anything over that is gravy.

It's all in how/why he leaves, though.    If he leaves for one of the top 5-10 programs, we can recover with a new coach.

If he leaves over some perceived power struggle to a conference-basement program, scaring away all other major coaches .. not so much.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #2345 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
From where I sat, he fanned a fire that didn't need fanning to drive traffic to his new website.

Agreed 100%. IWB is a wannabe player in the AAU/Recruiting world. He's made some less than perfect decisions with his online choices. He threw some junk out there hoping it would stick.

When you boil the issue with LW and Buzz all down, it was a contentious talk between two executives about the future of the company. Goes on all the time.

Successful people are often intense and strong willed. It's gonna happen.
We Are Marquette

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #2346 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »
It's all in how/why he leaves, though.    If he leaves for one of the top 5-10 programs, we can recover with a new coach.

If he leaves over some perceived power struggle to a conference-basement program, scaring away all other major coaches .. not so much.

I WANT to agree with you.

However, in the past few days, I've realized it doesn't matter how Buzz leaves. MU will be at fault, and the program will go back to the stone ages.

At least according to the internets.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2347 on: March 28, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
Yes the program could exist without Buzz. The Packers existed after Vince left but a pretty sorry period in team history until arrival of Brett Favre. I think many of us older posters hold the standard of the program at bar set by Al. I believe we are inches away from being at a higher level in college basketball and really would hate to roll the dice on losing Buzz, especially to an inferior program.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2348 on: March 28, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
about 50 posts to go to break the baseball pissing match thread (2402).  Everyone catch their breath for the stretch run.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2349 on: March 28, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »
I WANT to agree with you.

However, in the past few days, I've realized it doesn't matter how Buzz leaves. MU will be at fault, and the program will go back to the stone ages.

Where I heard this before ... let's think.  

Oh yes, April 2008 when Crean left and we only interviewed an assistant down the bench.  All we knew about him was he had a losing record at New Orleans and quit that job.  We are on our way to becoming SLU then too.

Buzz won't mess with happy.  Ask him in 365 days if he is happy and you'll get your answer.