[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507256 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread
« Reply #2250 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
Now what is the over/under on the number of pages in this thread?

And we are still 150 or so post away from the baseball pissing match world record of 2402.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2251 on: March 27, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »
I agree Dish. Sounded more like two fighters returning to neutral corners between rounds, with Larry giving Buzz a tepid, almost passive aggressive "endorsement" while Buzz talked of his love for the players and institution but left the administration out of it.

A year ago, a good source (for those who require names, sorry) told me he thought Buzz would be a Marquette lifer. That same source told me in February he thought Buzz was gone after this season. That's how much he felt "happiness had been messed with". Here's hoping the fences can be mended, but if Larry's statement is the best he can do I have serious doubts.

For those (Hoopaloop,etc) who think as long as Buzz is makin' the big bucks he should gratefully and reverentially kiss his new bosses backsides, you haven't been payin' attention. Everyone who knows Buzz says it, and anyone who watches Buzz sees it. Trust and loyalty, that's how he rolls. If his bosses are more concerned with perceptions and scapegoats this marriage won't last.

Dish has it nailed. The statements were made because both sides were under enormous pressure to "work it out."

Like a married couple in counseling, more therapy is needed, but Buzz is here for now.
Ludum habemus.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2252 on: March 27, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »
I thought about that, but after all... "don't mess with happy."

I'm happy.

Haha, me too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #2253 on: March 27, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
They don't like each other, MU wanted him to leave and we kept him. Keep recruiting studs Buzz!!

I don't know that I'd say they don't like each other.  Maybe there were some differences of opinion that needed to be sorted out.  And maybe not.  

I could see Buzz being on side of "as a Christian University I want to bring in guys from all walks of life and make them better gentlemen.  That doesn't mean I can control everything they do but I will do my best make sure they do not put a black mark on this institution."  

And at the same time I could see Larry on the other end saying "we want DO NOT want to bring in anyone that is going to make this institution's integrity get publicly questioned all the time.  This is more than just a basketball university, it is a Christian University with high expectations."

And maybe none of this happened, but if it did I could see both of their points.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2254 on: March 27, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »

Domer WTF

Bring back Cottingham.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:58:50 PM by Stone Cold »

TJ

• All American
« Reply #2255 on: March 27, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »

Much of what he said was accurate.
The "stick it to 'em Buzz" commentary he added (and continues with) was a little stale for my tastes.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #2256 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
Anyone else going through withdrawal?

I am.....I am relieved though......I am finally happy and now I can get back to normalcy in my life....

I've spent the last couple of days practically glued to my computer (as did a lot of others)....  

I'm just so happy that Buzz is staying!!!!!

WE ARE MARQUETTE!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2257 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »
They don't like each other, MU wanted him to leave and we kept him. Keep recruiting studs Buzz!!

So, lemme get this straight. 48 hours ago, you were regaling us with tales about how the administration wanted Buzz gone and didn't care a lick what we thought about that.
Today, you're saying he's still around, despite the university wanting him gone .... because they care so much about what we think.

Do I have that correct?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2258 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:37 PM »
For those (Hoopaloop,etc) who think as long as Buzz is makin' the big bucks he should gratefully and reverentially kiss his new bosses backsides, you haven't been payin' attention. Everyone who knows Buzz says it, and anyone who watches Buzz sees it. Trust and loyalty, that's how he rolls. If his bosses are more concerned with perceptions and scapegoats this marriage won't last.

So I'm happy today, but not nearly as happy as I was a year ago.

Agree on the being far happier a year ago today - but based on what I've seen, I'm not ready to give Buzz quite the same monopoly on defining trust and loyalty as you are.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #2259 on: March 27, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
I agree Dish. Sounded more like two fighters returning to neutral corners between rounds, with Larry giving Buzz a tepid, almost passive aggressive "endorsement" while Buzz talked of his love for the players and institution but left the administration out of it.

A year ago, a good source (for those who require names, sorry) told me he thought Buzz would be a Marquette lifer. That same source told me in February he thought Buzz was gone after this season. That's how much he felt "happiness had been messed with". Here's hoping the fences can be mended, but if Larry's statement is the best he can do I have serious doubts.

So I'm happy today, but not nearly as happy as I was a year ago.

My feeling as well.  Can't say my initial impressions of LW are favorable at all. Hopefully this doesn't continue to be an ongoing power struggle. While Buzz will win in the court of public opinion, ultimately he wouldn't likely win that battle in terms of longevity.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2260 on: March 27, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »
They have another year to work on it...at this point that's all that counts.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #2261 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
Exactly Sultan.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #2262 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:16 PM »
I can't believe it's really over.  I don't think we'll ever again see trolls as effective with as little to work with as the SMU trolls were these last few days.  An impressive feat, to be sure.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:23:10 PM by TJ »

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2263 on: March 27, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »
They have another year to work on it...at this point that's all that counts.

...unless another job opens up between now and next season.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2264 on: March 27, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »
...unless another job opens up between now and next season.

... like Rick Barnes get hits by a bus?

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #2265 on: March 27, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »
I can't believe it's really over.  I don't think we'll ever again see trolls as effective with as little to work with as we the SMU trolls these last few days.  An impressive feat, to be sure.

This.  We were somebody's wildly successful science project.  I despise trolls, but props to that one.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #2266 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
Makes me so happy to have Buzz as our coach.  Great year and many more to come.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2267 on: March 27, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
IWB trolled us.    Nobody cared about the SMU losers.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2268 on: March 27, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
IWB trolled us.    Nobody cared about the SMU losers.

+1

This thread was dying on page 3 and then IWB's tweet that Buzz was "listening" charged up everyone and we had 30 pages in a few hours.

the SMU trolls was a sideshow

TJ

• All American
« Reply #2269 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, I've heard the name referred to many times over the years but never have figured out who he is, where he comes from, or why people listen to him... who is "IWB"?

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #2270 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »
I have absolutely nothing to add... I just want to add my piece to this... whatever this is.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2271 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
Fishing for walleyes in Canada in June.  Need a wall hanger.

Crawlers, minnows, or blue glass shad rap?

Discuss......

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2272 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:22 PM »
The Godfather of recruiting insiders for MU.

Not given as much by Buzz since Crean left.  Buzz keeps it tight to the vest.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #2273 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »
How is it that I can be at his house having a beer and talking to him as he is in another chair looking back at me with his wife in a chair next to him?  

Where do you get this notion that I'm a good friend of his?    I never met Chicos until after I signed up here and have to this day only met him one time when we were in California at the Disney parks (he lives close by).  I never had an email exchange or any conversation with him until after I signed up here, either.

Now this doesn't really make a lot of sense. Did you get your identities mixed up again?

TJ

• All American
« Reply #2274 on: March 27, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »
Fishing for walleyes in Canada in June.  Need a wall hanger.

Crawlers, minnows, or blue glass shad rap?

Discuss......
blue glass shad rap - because its name has four words.

feedback