[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507006 times)

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #2225 on: March 27, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
The only thing that makes me doubt that it is Chicos's is his lack of name dropping that Chico's was known for.

When you know Chicos, his is the only name that need be dropped.

96warrior

• Team Captain
Re: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread
« Reply #2226 on: March 27, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Maybe I haven't dug around enough, but am I the only not really inspired by the comments of Buzz and the AD? It almost feels like a married couple that wants to stop fighting only for the sake of stopping the fight, and not really resolving the issue at heart. I think I'm just loss and not sure what the core issue is here.

To me it sounds like statements by two people who really had no issues but had to say something to quell the ever growing hysteria of the media and fan message boards. You can hear their eyes rolling as if to say, I cannot believe we have to address fabricated lunacy.

My guess is SMU wanted to talk to Buzz, he has no agent so has to talk to them directly and did so because he's a polite guy. I think he did take the conversation to make a statement but had no intention ever of leaving MU. I think maybe there were some tensions stemming from the most recent coverage in the JS but nowhere near the epic proportions this board made them out to be and that the tension was more over the ridiculous coverage of a non-incident than anything else.

As has been said elsewhere, if there is any good in this, it's that now Buzz and his bosses know how much he means to the fans.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2227 on: March 27, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
What was the baseball thread about?

Brewers fans vs. Cubs fans vs. a few Cards fans pissing all over each other and the cities they came from.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #2228 on: March 27, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »
 Then focus solely on the thick, juicy meat...

You might not want to say that around a Fighter Squadron Hangar...

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2229 on: March 27, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
Renamed?  Noooooo.  SMU needs to be associated with something #1.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2230 on: March 27, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »

Seriously, if those quotes are accurate, DC really sucks for burgers.  5 Guys is OK...but terribly overrated.  I'd rather hit a Sonic because at least I can get a decent strawberry shake.

Sonic's actually food is honestly some of the worst food I've ever had.  Even their ice cream is pretty awful.  The slushies and limeades are really good.  Otherwise, horrible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: So Buzz Williams is staying at Marquette?
« Reply #2231 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »
He lost his voice in the Florida game.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2232 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
Brewers fans vs. Cubs fans vs. a few Cards fans pissing all over each other and the cities they came from.

Plus it spans more than one season.
Ludum habemus.

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2233 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »

Maybe if they throw their oil money at one of the moderators they would change it back?

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #2234 on: March 27, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
What else is there to say?

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #2235 on: March 27, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »
Yes he is staying. A profuse statement from him would be totally out of character. He reminds me of my attorney spouse who always leaves an out and makes statements that address the immediate question without making a commitment to any future possibilities. Will there be a day when Buzz Williams is no longer the coach of the men's basketball team? Of course. That day, fortunately, is not today. That is all Buzz needs to address, and he did.

LW's statement is more forward looking, saying he is lookin forward to working with Buzz in the coming years, but even that really just addresses the immediate future. "years" could be two seasons, it could be fifty.

The immediate question is answered, nothing more to say.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2236 on: March 27, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
Plus it spans more than one season.

Wait...I think if we just keep requoting items from previous posters who posted when the thread had its original name, then the new thread name won't kick in.  The new name takes effect only on replies that are not qouting comments under the old name.  

/smirk

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #2237 on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
To me it sounds like statements by two people who really had no issues but had to say something to quell the ever growing hysteria of the media and fan message boards. You can hear their eyes rolling as if to say, I cannot believe we have to address fabricated lunacy.

BINGO!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2238 on: March 27, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »

Schools to receive the NCAA Death Penalty

1. SMU

The Process

• All American
« Reply #2239 on: March 27, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
Let's sit back and watch Buzz not "mess with happy"

Relax. Respect the Process.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #2240 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
He's staying?  But SMU18 said we would give up our MU degrees for what they are offering Buzz.  Do you think SMU18 is really an SMU alum living in the Upper Midwest or just some douche nozzle stirring the pot.  We took the bait and went bat crap crazy with it.  It damn near ruined my vacation.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2241 on: March 27, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »
After spending the last three days with your ridiculous assertions about Buzz's balls being squeezed, how he was going to leave, how Pilarz was going to force him out, how MU was about to become SLU you want anyone here to believe your assertions about anything MU related?  Some of us knew your gig was up 48 hours ago on this stuff.  Glad to see it finally came true today to put these ridiculous rumors to rest.

You say you don't have an obsession with other dudes yet you comment about other posters, particularly him (he's been gone for almost a year) and others on how they post.  That seems like an obsession to me.  You made a claim that I was him based on the use of a smiley when you stated he used it all the time.  I went back, looked and he didn't use it all the time, rarely used it at all.  

Now you say I post "exact same way as one another".  You were wrong on the  ;) claim now you want to double down on this so we believe you this time?  I don't know how he posted so exactly how does one determine that a person posts exact same way, especially when you have made the claim that he used  ;) all the time.  

I asked the other day, how is it possible that I'm here on chat during the game and he is at the game taking photographs (we can see this from his CS posting) 1,500 miles away?  How is it that he has been on chat sometimes at the same time as I have been?  How is it that I joined Scoop months before he was banned?  How is it that I can be at his house having a beer and talking to him as he is in another chair looking back at me with his wife in a chair next to him?  

One thing I did notice when going back to his posts.  He often used ..... when posting.  I was never taught this in English classes but that appears in many of his contributions.  So what about that 'exact same way an one another" logic you proclaimed? I don't see it. He often used capitals, colors, underlined things others said to prove his points.  So what about that 'exact same way an one another" logic you proclaimed? I don't see it.

This is how easy it is.  Click here for his posts

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=8;sa=showPosts

All you have to do is click a mouse on the link.   I see a lot of "..." and underlining, colors, caps.  I see very few of  ::) or this  ;) or this  :o   as you claimed.

See above.  Same answers.  I don't hype Indiana. I don't ignore their relevance in the college basketball landscape.  Coach Norman Dale poster must be Chico because he is an IU grad and has an IU avatar.

I'm very good with numbers, but not in an auditing sense.  

This is how easy it is.  Click here for his posts

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=8;sa=showPosts

All you have to do is click a mouse on the link.   I see a lot of "..." and underlining, colors, caps.  I see very few of  ::) or this  ;) or this  :o  

Like I said, I don't really feel like wasting any more time than I already have by reading this thread.  No need to analyze it.  If it was necessary, people are employed to compare writing samples.  No need for me to go pay a professional.  I already know you're Chicos.  And if I was obsessed I would go ahead and actually look at your old posts under your previous name and tally the number of  ::) (the only smiley I am talking about, so the  ;) has no place here) in each members' posts.  If I was obsessed I would talk about how great of a friend I was with Chicos and how we meet up and eat dinner together.  Instead, I only bring up Chicos when you are making a post that Chicos would make (which makes sense, because you are Chicos).  I honestly have no problem at all with Chicos (you).  I just think it's hilarious that you continually deny it when it is so clear.  I understand, because then this name would be banned as well and you would come back as another member and claim not to be Chicos/Hoopaloop.  It's just funny to me.

And it's not that hard to think of the tone that Chicos posted in and realize it is the exact same tone you often post in.  You are a very condescending person, and not many people post on an internet forum like you do.  Not many people use  ::) either.  You do.  Apparently in 3.33% of your posts, or so you tell me.  You say that isn't a lot.  I would put money on that being far more than any other poster here.  Except for maybe me now, since I have been mockingly typing  ::) quite a bit lately.  You also go out of your way to defend Indiana and Tom Crean as much as you possibly can, just like Chicos did, and you also love to string together 6 straight replies without combining them into 1 reply, just like Chicos.  Believe me, I know how big of a job Indiana is, how hard that would be for any coach in basketball to turn down, an dhow much Tom Crean did for Marquette.  Every (rational) poster here understands those things, and if any of them forgot it, we all know you would be there to remind them.  A lot of us agree with all of the points you make about it.  The difference between you and all others is you are the only one who goes out of your way to defend Indiana (a team you claim you hate because you are a "Purdue grad").  It's pretty contradictory, and gets pretty old when you bring it up every chance you get.

Anyways, good talk, Chicos.

::)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:43:23 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2242 on: March 27, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »
Let's sit back and watch Buzz not "mess with happy"

This is the best post in the thread.  It would be even better if you had said, "Buzz will be doing this over some ponies in 2 years."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2243 on: March 27, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4

has the shark been jumped yet?

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #2244 on: March 27, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
This is the most valuable thing I got out of this thread, because I always hated that they came out soggy.

Glad to be of service..... :)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2245 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
Maybe I haven't dug around enough, but am I the only not really inspired by the comments of Buzz and the AD? It almost feels like a married couple that wants to stop fighting only for the sake of stopping the fight, and not really resolving the issue at heart. I think I'm just loss and not sure what the core issue is here.

I agree Dish. Sounded more like two fighters returning to neutral corners between rounds, with Larry giving Buzz a tepid, almost passive aggressive "endorsement" while Buzz talked of his love for the players and institution but left the administration out of it.

A year ago, a good source (for those who require names, sorry) told me he thought Buzz would be a Marquette lifer. That same source told me in February he thought Buzz was gone after this season. That's how much he felt "happiness had been messed with". Here's hoping the fences can be mended, but if Larry's statement is the best he can do I have serious doubts.

For those (Hoopaloop,etc) who think as long as Buzz is makin' the big bucks he should gratefully and reverentially kiss his new bosses backsides, you haven't been payin' attention. Everyone who knows Buzz says it, and anyone who watches Buzz sees it. Trust and loyalty, that's how he rolls. If his bosses are more concerned with perceptions and scapegoats this marriage won't last.

So I'm happy today, but not nearly as happy as I was a year ago.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:48:01 PM by Lennys Tap »

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2246 on: March 27, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »
Anyone else going through withdrawal?

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #2247 on: March 27, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »
What happened to all those that were condemning Larry Williams for the last 30 pages?  What a roller coaster of emotion.  "Buzz is the bad guy" "Larry is the bad guy" "this stupid new President Pilarz wants to concentrate too much on education and let the bball program go to hell"...
Glad that is over for this year.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #2248 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
This is the best post in the thread.  It would be even better if you had said, "Buzz will be doing this over some ponies in 2 years."

I thought about that, but after all... "don't mess with happy."

I'm happy.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2249 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
They don't like each other, MU wanted him to leave and we kept him. Keep recruiting studs Buzz!!