collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 12:53:11 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 498455 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
You have to actually read the post. What I said was, "I don't pretend to know what buzz thinks, but I wonder..."

Austin is a matter of taste you can't say definitively "it is the best city to live in" It would not be where i chose to live in Texas if I had to.

I read it just fine.  You didn't read what you typed.

You said that you don't pretend to know what he thinks.

Then you said in a separate thought that he has conservative religious beliefs.  What would lead you to believe that he has conservative religious beliefs?  I believe the man has strong religious beliefs, but nothing about him makes me think they are conservative or liberal.

As for Austin, yes, it would be my opinion.  I'd challenge you to look at any sort of metric though and find a better place to live in Texas.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
I read it just fine.  You didn't read what you typed.

You said that you don't pretend to know what he thinks.

Then you said in a separate thought that he has conservative religious beliefs.  What would lead you to believe that he has conservative religious beliefs?  I believe the man has strong religious beliefs, but nothing about him makes me think they are conservative or liberal.

As for Austin, yes, it would be my opinion.  I'd challenge you to look at any sort of metric though and find a better place to live in Texas.

I think the point I was making was pretty clear. Definately not worthy of being challanged by you. and I dont have the time to find any sort of metric as you put it, I lived there for long enough to form my own opinion first hand.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »

I think the point I was making was pretty clear. Definately not worthy of being challanged by you. and I dont have the time to find any sort of metric as you put it, I lived there for long enough to form my own opinion first hand.

Maybe to you it was.  Anyway, I would never live in any part of Texas... :)

The whole point of what I was getting at is that I don't think that many basketball coaches are swayed by religion, or the religious affiliation of the school they will be coaching at.

Its great that Buzz is religious, but he can be religious at most schools.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »
Fair enough.
  i may be mistaken but hasnt buzz already said or intimated that the religious aspect of  mu makes him comfortable. I may be wrong about that. Maybe it was someone on here making that statement

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »
Fair enough.
  i may be mistaken but hasnt buzz already said or intimated that the religious aspect of  mu makes him comfortable. I may be wrong about that. Maybe it was someone on here making that statement

Yeah, I think that is what it was... someone on here speculating.  I'm sure it is a nice perk, but not something that would matter as much as money and comfort with the city/university.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »

http://best-cities.findthebest.com/d/d/Texas
overall safety rating really killed it.

------------------------
I have been saying that buzz will return to Texas one day.  That will be the day after the UT job opens up.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
Maybe to you it was.  Anyway, I would never live in any part of Texas... :)

The whole point of what I was getting at is that I don't think that many basketball coaches are swayed by religion, or the religious affiliation of the school they will be coaching at.

Its great that Buzz is religious, but he can be religious at most schools.

If you're looking at high-profile coaching jobs, "most" may not be the best adjective.  Try spouting anything religious publicly at a public university in a northern, blue-state and your butt will be scraping concrete faster than you can say "amen."  However, he could easily get away with anything at the University of [Insert Bible Belt State] as long as he ended every sentence with Jesus or did a Tebow at least once during every practice.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »
SMU basketball to me is about on the same level as University of New Orleans basketball.

But college coaches always take steps back after reaching success at Power 6 schools, we all know that.

PonyFanz

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
You have to actually read the post. What I said was, "I don't pretend to know what buzz thinks, but I wonder..."

Austin is a matter of taste you can't say definitively "it is the best city to live in" It would not be where i chose to live in Texas if I had to.

I graduated from both SMU and UT-Austin. While I am a fan of both cities, Dallas and Austin are very different.

Austin is a great city, but it is significantly more liberal than most of the state. While interning at the State AG's office, I got called out for ordering pizza for Domino's.  Why? Everyone in the office was boycotting Domino's b/c the owner of the company was Pro-Life.  When I explained that I was Pro-Life, they thought I was joking b/c only "religious nuts" were Pro-Life.  

From what I have read about Williams, I don't think he would enjoy working for the powerful UT alums or working for DeLoss Dodds.  He strikes me as a control freak and UT coaches don't have as much control as one would think.  They are expected to kowtow to guys like Joe Jamail and Jim Bob Moffett.

Bottom Line: I don't think you have to worry about him leaving for UT.

Good luck against Florida.  This Mustang Fan will be rooting for Marquette.  
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:31:01 PM by PonyFanz »

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
bye bye
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:02:02 AM by SMU17 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 09:08:55 AM »
bye bye

Bye bye for now, perhaps.  But we'll see you ponies very, very soon.

Welcome to the Big East.  Meet your roommate, DePaul.  You two will be spending lots of time together.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »
Maybe so...but at least we wont be in Milwaukee....

Wonder if Buzz feels the same way...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
Maybe so...but at least we wont be in Milwaukee....

Wonder if Buzz feels the same way...

So you'd rather be the suck of the Big East and in Dallas then being a top team in the Big East and in Milwaukee?

Priorities seem a little skewed for a college sports fan, but those priorities are why SMU got the death penalty anyway.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:01 AM »
Good talk..death penalty, ect...You are very witty....

Yes I would rather be terrible in Dallas and in the big east with Buzz, than reside or hang out in Milwaukee...

potawatomi is pretty cool!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
Good talk..death penalty, ect...You are very witty....

Yes I would rather be terrible in Dallas and in the big east with Buzz, than reside or hang out in Milwaukee...

potawatomi is pretty cool!!!

Except there's relatively no chance Buzz is going to SMU.

mugoose

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
Dallas sucks. I've lived there. It sucks. Women are hot, though. But the city itself sucks.

I love Milwaukee. Much more of a community. Beautiful.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »
I live in chicago...milwaukee is far from beautiful...

Dallas is far from great but its better than Milwaukee and defn becoming a very good city quickly...

money talks

🏀

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »

money talks

Which Marquette spends a lot more than SMU on basketball.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »
You have no clue...That statement makes it obvious....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »

Marquette has the 2nd highest basketball budget in the NCAAs next to Duke. You are the one who has no clue...that statement makes it obvious.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
Times they are a changing....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »

Let me get this straight.  You come on this board, start ragging on Milwaukee, a city that a lot of people here love and would rather live in than Dallas.  (Don't know how Buzz feels about it.)  And then says "money will talk," without having the clue that Marquette has the money to match any offer that SMU makes.  That is an undeniable fact.

If Buzz leaves, it won't be for more money.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Maybe he doesn't want it to be matched...

Milwaukee does suck...and you speak with no knowledge of what SMU can or will pay...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
Whatever SMU can pay, Marquette *could* match.

And yeah, Buzz might not want MU to match it.  Which just proves my point that if Buzz leaves, it won't be for money.

And having spent time in both places, I would live in Milwaukee long before I live in Dallas.  You feel differently.  To argue it is childish.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
Maybe he doesn't want it to be matched...

Milwaukee does suck...and you speak with no knowledge of what SMU can or will pay...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/32616334.html

Milwaukee was voted the "Sexiest City in America" in 2008.  Unless the city was set on fire and burned completely down (it wasn't, I've lived here every year of my life), I don't think it "sucks."  I'd rather have a couple months of really cold weather during the winter than have 110 and humid as can be every day for 5 months of the year like Dallas.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter