[Today at 10:43:30 AM]

NCSTATE is evil by tower912
[Today at 10:37:58 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 3/11/2024?  (Read 1008950 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 2/11/19
« Reply #2100 on: February 10, 2019, 08:03:35 PM »
Seth Davis has us at 13, down from 11 and one spot behind Villanova.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #2101 on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »
I do think we drop to 11

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #2102 on: February 10, 2019, 08:10:27 PM »
Seth Davis has us at 13, down from 11 and one spot behind Villanova.

Wisconsin also jumped 4 spots (now 3 ahead of MU) after beating Minnesota and losing to Michigan. ::)

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #2103 on: February 10, 2019, 08:16:21 PM »
Wisconsin also jumped 4 spots (now 3 ahead of MU) after beating Minnesota and losing to Michigan. ::)

Davis also has nova ahead of Marquette and Purdue at 7 ahead of Michigan (8). Michigan beat Purdue by 20 this year and have 4 less losses. I think he is kind of trolling on purpose though so not really worth getting worked up over.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2104 on: February 10, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »
Nevada is top 15 at worst. Two fringe nba guys in the twins on that team and a idk

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2105 on: February 10, 2019, 08:23:42 PM »
Borges put us at 10, down from 9 last week. Houston slipped above us.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2106 on: February 10, 2019, 08:24:33 PM »
Rothstein at 12

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2107 on: February 10, 2019, 08:27:18 PM »
Rothstein at 12

Ouch. Seems we are dropping more than I expected. My prediction stays at 10, but 11 looking more like a possibility?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2108 on: February 10, 2019, 08:45:14 PM »
11 or 12.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2109 on: February 10, 2019, 08:47:56 PM »
Thank You! This is one example why i HATE things like the NET, kenpom etc..The #'s lie. Does ANYONE REALLY think Houston is the 11th best team in the country?? Absolutely not. They have one loss built on a resume by beating no one and playing in a poor conference. Yet, because of computer #'s here they sit at #11 in the bracket reveal. Bad, bad bad.

11th? Maybe not. Top 20? Yes. They beat a very good LSU team in the non-con and have been pretty dominate against solid (though not great competition). If the season ended today they would have earned that 3 seed.

Villanova for sure..I also think Texas Tech is right there. Just don't think Houston and Nevada should be there given the competition they have played. Outside of that, I had a couple issues with the seeds..in no way shape or form do I think Purdue should be #9 and the USA Today writer agrees with me, and I heard other comments about them too. I'm also very iffy on MSU at #8. I mean if you can lose to Indiana at home, and lose to Illinois anywhere, and still be a #2 seed...it seems you are almost exempt from falling any further.

I look at Purdue having ZERO good non conf wins, and MSU losing at home to Indiana and on the road to Illinois, being #8 and #9, and it makes me think nothing MU does the rest of the way will allow them to get to a #2 seed.

So you don't like Purdue because they didn't do well in non-con but have done well in conference play, but you don't like Michigan State because they did do well in non-con but have some bad losses in conference play.  You are a hard man to please Mr. Guru.

If Marquette, Michigan State, Purdue, and Kansas match records the rest of the way than you are correct that MU will not get a 2 seed. If Marquette can be at least one win better than all of them, then they have a shot and if they are two wins better than they will be a 2 seed. Houston has less room for error because they play worse teams so I think Marquette could match them the rest of the way and pass them.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2110 on: February 10, 2019, 08:50:10 PM »
I still think 10 or 11. I don't see the writer having Purdue jump us and everyone behinds us loss other than Houston. I thought Houston would leapfrog us but that we would leapfrog Michigan State. I am less confident about leapfrogging Michigan State based on early voting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2111 on: February 10, 2019, 10:02:02 PM »
11th? Maybe not. Top 20? Yes. They beat a very good LSU team in the non-con and have been pretty dominate against solid (though not great competition). If the season ended today they would have earned that 3 seed.

So you don't like Purdue because they didn't do well in non-con but have done well in conference play, but you don't like Michigan State because they did do well in non-con but have some bad losses in conference play.  You are a hard man to please Mr. Guru.

If Marquette, Michigan State, Purdue, and Kansas match records the rest of the way than you are correct that MU will not get a 2 seed. If Marquette can be at least one win better than all of them, then they have a shot and if they are two wins better than they will be a 2 seed. Houston has less room for error because they play worse teams so I think Marquette could match them the rest of the way and pass them.

I'd be very curious to know if MU leapfrogged Houston after beating Nova, even though Houston beat Cincy today. Look, at the end of the day, all that really matters to me is that MU is in Des Moines, and the Midwest regional..That's why the #2 is so important to me, I think if they get a #2 seed, the committee would HAVE to give them both locations..but as we see right now as a #3 they would be in the East...not ideal.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2112 on: February 10, 2019, 10:07:32 PM »
Steele at 11. Had Purdue and Houston leapfrog us. MSU one slot behind. Wisky at 14.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2113 on: February 10, 2019, 10:10:26 PM »
Hard to say what is in the minds of the poll people . The Johnnies getting smoked by Cooley & Company did not help the MU cause.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2114 on: February 10, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »
Look, at the end of the day, all that really matters to me is that MU is in Des Moines, and the Midwest regional..That's why the #2 is so important to me, I think if they get a #2 seed, the committee would HAVE to give them both locations..but as we see right now as a #3 they would be in the East...not ideal.

Wouldn't we rather have the South? Louisville is more than 150 miles closer to Milwaukee.

Either way, the twos will be more placed to balance the seeds in regards to what region they get. A 2 might get us Des Moines, but probably increases our likelihood of being in the East opposite (likely) Duke.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2115 on: February 10, 2019, 11:03:11 PM »
Wouldn't we rather have the South? Louisville is more than 150 miles closer to Milwaukee.

Either way, the twos will be more placed to balance the seeds in regards to what region they get. A 2 might get us Des Moines, but probably increases our likelihood of being in the East opposite (likely) Duke.

The South is fine too..i care mostly about Des Moines more than anything else and of course avoiding Duke.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2116 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:03 AM »
Couch still has us at 9.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2117 on: February 11, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »
The South is fine too..i care mostly about Des Moines more than anything else and of course avoiding Duke.

Selfishly, I'd prefer Columbia or Jacksonville to Des Moines because I'd be able to go to either site, but I do agree that what matters most to me is avoiding Duke as long as possible. If I had a vote, it would be to be in whatever regional that has Gonzaga as the No. 1 seed.

But I don't have a vote, and I have absolutely no control, so I don't obsess about this stuff. Just want to see our heroes win as many as they can from here on out because ...

1. Winning is more fun than losing.

2. Every win increases the possibility that this already very enjoyable and fun season can be special.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2118 on: February 11, 2019, 10:12:27 AM »
Selfishly, I'd prefer Columbia or Jacksonville to Des Moines because I'd be able to go to either site, but I do agree that what matters most to me is avoiding Duke as long as possible. If I had a vote, it would be to be in whatever regional that has Gonzaga as the No. 1 seed.

But I don't have a vote, and I have absolutely no control, so I don't obsess about this stuff. Just want to see our heroes win as many as they can from here on out because ...

1. Winning is more fun than losing.

2. Every win increases the possibility that this already very enjoyable and fun season can be special.

Bring on duke. I'd love to see Zion go up for a dunk and get denied by theo
Maigh Eo for Sam

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #2119 on: February 11, 2019, 10:19:03 AM »
Come on dude, even a clean block would be called a foul every time. And you know this!
No Finish Line

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #2120 on: February 11, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »

Duke will be a one seed and, as on now, we are a three seed.  The only way a 1 and 3 meet is the FF, unless they are in the same regions then it is an E8 game.

So I yes, bring on Duke,  It means we are E8 or FF!!
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2121 on: February 11, 2019, 10:25:05 AM »
Well, we could fall to a 4 seed "just because," and that would mean meeting the 1 seed in the round of 16. And I'd rather that not be Duke. Even if we are a 2 or 3 seed, I'd rather avoid Duke as the team we'd need to beat to get to the Final Four.

As I said, I'm not obsessing about it. You've seen no long diatribes from me in the NET thread. We're having a discussion, and I stated my preference. I hope my optimism -- that we're good enough to get in position to face the No. 1 seed on the second weekend -- proves to be the right outlook.

Oh, and I'd love to see Theo stone Zion, even if Theo ends up getting called for a foul.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2122 on: February 11, 2019, 10:25:48 AM »
Come on dude, even a clean block would be called a foul every time. And you know this!

Still worth it
Maigh Eo for Sam

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2123 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
Lots of people dropped us hard to the 13-14 range. Somehow MSU and KU are ahead of us on those ballots. And the "selection show Purdue overcorrection" is in full swing.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2124 on: February 11, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »
Lots of people dropped us hard to the 13-14 range. Somehow MSU and KU are ahead of us on those ballots. And the "selection show Purdue overcorrection" is in full swing.

All about the name for MSU and KU. Nevermind the fact that one of MSU's leading scorers is out for the season and two of Kansas' opening night starters aren't playing right now.

feedback