Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dominic James  (Read 9058 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Dominic James
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:15:03 PM »
Dominic James is now playing for Aris B.C.

Player Bio:
http://www.arisbc.gr/en/Aris-Thessaloniki-Basketball-Club/#/en/Dominic-James

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: Dominic James
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
Turkey, Bulgaria, then Greece.  I would have love that when I was his age.  Not sure if he is digging it but I would have. 

Any idea on what his salary may be in Greece now?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
More than a "real" job, I will tell you that much!
Have some patience, FFS.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »
Turkey, Bulgaria, then Greece.  I would have love that when I was his age.  Not sure if he is digging it but I would have. 

Any idea on what his salary may be in Greece now?
+1, the Bulgarian chicks I have met have been hot!  

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »
Poor guy...should have left school after his freshman year.  Not to say these aren't great experiences, and I didn't love having him on the team all four years, but he missed the biggest payday of his life.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »
When did he change his name to Tzeime?

That ball looks eff'd up.  Probably better than those things they play with at the Kohl Hole, though.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
When did he change his name to Tzeime?

That ball looks eff'd up.  Probably better than those things they play with at the Kohl Hole, though.

Tzeime means "Ocho" in Greek

JD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »
Speaking of the Kohl Hole, I went there this weekend for the UNLV game since my friend is an Alumni, and wow!

I think i rather sit in the student section, because sitting 4 rows above the floor was hell!  Delusional old badger fans.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »
Poor guy...should have left school after his freshman year.  Not to say these aren't great experiences, and I didn't love having him on the team all four years, but he missed the biggest payday of his life.

Not after missing every shot he took at the pre-draft camp.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
I have a business relationship with an American that moonlights as the GM of a lower division team in Switzerland (they were corting Buycks before he went to the D league).  They pay in Swiss franc which converts to about $3,000\month.  This league is the same category as the league DJ plays in.

He says the upside is the higher division leagues in Europe scout these lower leagues. These higher leagues, mainly in France, Spain and Italy can pay up to few hundred thousand U.S. a year (that is until the Euro collapses).  The selling point of these lower leagues is it is easy to get bought out for a higher league and many players do.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:39:34 PM by AnotherMU84 »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »
Loved everything about this kid when he played for us. Best of luck in Greece. Stay away from the everyday riots.

The way people treated him still disgusts me.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
Remember that Tony Miller spent something like 15 years playing ball in European leagues like this.  There are worse ways to spend your first 15 years out of school.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
The way people treated him still disgusts me.

Me as well, and Vander gets the same from some here now.  Both give/gave max effort on the court and are/were excellent defenders.  Just because they have/had ugly jump shots people act like they suck.  It's unfathomably annoying.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »
Me as well, and Vander gets the same from some here now.  Both give/gave max effort on the court and are/were excellent defenders.  Just because they have/had ugly jump shots people act like they suck.  It's unfathomably annoying.

I have a feeling in a few years, this is going to be one of the most popular meals for current Marquette fans, primarily the critics of Vander Blue:

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »
I hope his paychecks are in dollars.   :D

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 08:05:51 PM »
I have a feeling in a few years, this is going to be one of the most popular meals for current Marquette fans, primarily the critics of Vander Blue:

This thread is about James. And the other poster said he thought the way the way poster talked about James was bad. James did have a terrible jumper. And it probably is part of a reason why he doesnt play in the US.

Blue is not good on offense at this stage. He just isn't. Of course he can get better (much better), but right now he sucks on offense. Once he gets better, I'll say he is getting better.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »
This thread is about James. And the other poster said he thought the way the way poster talked about James was bad. James did have a terrible jumper. And it probably is part of a reason why he doesnt play in the US.

Blue is not good on offense at this stage. He just isn't. Of course he can get better (much better), but right now he sucks on offense. Once he gets better, I'll say he is getting better.

McNeal
Frosh: 87.7 ORtg, took 25% of MU's shots when he was on the floor
Soph: 93.7 ORtg, took 29.6% of MU's shots
Junior: 104.4 ORtg, took 27.8% of MU's shots
Senior: 108.6 ORtg, took 30.3% of MU's shots

Vander
Frosh: 89.1 ORtg, took 17.7% of MU's shots
Soph: 104.1 ORtg, takes 21.5% of MU's shots

You probably think McNeal was leaps and bounds better than Blue, but the fact is he just took way more shots so his scoring numbers were higher.  McNeal's jumper was funky his first two and a half years too.  Keep saying Blue sucks if it makes you feel tough though.  Just realize it also exposes you as an idiot.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »

Second best FG% among the guards behind DJO...second in assists...third in rebounds...

For as much hype that Mayo has (deservedly) got here, Blue is actually a better shooter so far this year. 

Yeah...he "sucks at offense."

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »

Second best FG% among the guards behind DJO...second in assists...third in rebounds...

For as much hype that Mayo has (deservedly) got here, Blue is actually a better shooter so far this year. 

Yeah...he "sucks at offense."

He certainly has improved but he still is not considered a "good" shooter by any means and it seems half the times he drives it ends up into a layup that doesn't draw iron.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »
Here's how Blue stacks up next to the best 2 guards MU has had in the last 20 years during their second year on campus:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?dwyane-wade=2001-2002&jerel-mcneal=2006-2007&p2=vander-blue&p3=dwyane-wade&p4=jerel-mcneal&remove=chris-otule

Pay attention to the field goal %, effective field goal%, true shooting %, free throw %, and the offensive rating.  Then look at the percentage of shots Blue takes compared to the other two.  He could pump up his shot volume and his raw ppg would look more like the other two, but that's not what this team needs. 

People have short memories.  McNeal's jumper was ugly and ineffective his first two and a half years, he was turnover prone (much more so than Blue), and he drove into traffic without drawing iron on many layups.  The knock on Wade heading into the draft was his jumper.  Blue is doing just fine.  I guarantee after another off season he will explode next year, especially with the amount of shots he will need to take due to the void left by DJO and Crowder. 16-18 ppg with improved shooting #'s across the board wouldn't surprise me in the least.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
Blue had a better A/TO ratio of the three.  Yeah...he "sucks" offensively.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
Blue is not good on offense at this stage. He just isn't. Of course he can get better (much better), but right now he sucks on offense.

The problem is: You're wrong.

Vander doesn't suck at offense. He just doesn't.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »
McNeal
Frosh: 87.7 ORtg, took 25% of MU's shots when he was on the floor
Soph: 93.7 ORtg, took 29.6% of MU's shots
Junior: 104.4 ORtg, took 27.8% of MU's shots
Senior: 108.6 ORtg, took 30.3% of MU's shots

Vander
Frosh: 89.1 ORtg, took 17.7% of MU's shots
Soph: 104.1 ORtg, takes 21.5% of MU's shots

You probably think McNeal was leaps and bounds better than Blue, but the fact is he just took way more shots so his scoring numbers were higher.  McNeal's jumper was funky his first two and a half years too.  Keep saying Blue sucks if it makes you feel tough though.  Just realize it also exposes you as an idiot.

Do you watch the games? Seriously, do you?

I love guys who whip out stats to prove their point. If you actually watch the games, you will see an athletic player who can blow around a defender who ends up not finishing most of the time or making a terrible decision.

Do you remember on three occassions Blue getting to the rim against Washington and jumping with no where to go and deciding to simply come down with the ball in his hands for a travel? How is that good? You might say, "bad game" but he did that in a previous game and he constantly blows layups. His instincts are a million times better on the defensive end than the offensive end.

So since ya love stats, look at his stats vs top 100 teams compared to the rest. You will see a difference.

How about this... How many shots has he made from 15 ft and further this season? I would bet that you can only count them with one hand.

I want him to be awesome. I want MU to win the whole thing. But I watch a bunch of basketball and he is not good at this stage. He has A LONG ways to go (jump shooting, decision making, finishing).
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »
Do you watch the games? Seriously, do you?

I love guys who whip out stats to prove their point. If you actually watch the games, you will see an athletic player who can blow around a defender who ends up not finishing most of the time or making a terrible decision.

Do you remember on three occassions Blue getting to the rim against Washington and jumping with no where to go and deciding to simply come down with the ball in his hands for a travel? How is that good? You might say, "bad game" but he did that in a previous game and he constantly blows layups. His instincts are a million times better on the defensive end than the offensive end.

So since ya love stats, look at his stats vs top 100 teams compared to the rest. You will see a difference.

How about this... How many shots has he made from 15 ft and further this season? I would bet that you can only count them with one hand.

I want him to be awesome. I want MU to win the whole thing. But I watch a bunch of basketball and he is not good at this stage. He has A LONG ways to go (jump shooting, decision making, finishing).

Do you remember McNeal getting rejected time and time again while we blew a 9 point halftime lead to Cincinnati at home?  Do you remember him turning it over way more often than Blue?  Or do you just tune that out because he averaged more ppg while taking a ton more shots because we had no other option on those teams?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 09:47:46 PM »
Do you remember McNeal getting rejected time and time again while we blew a 9 point halftime lead to Cincinnati at home?  Do you remember him turning it over way more often than Blue?  Or do you just tune that out because he averaged more ppg while taking a ton more shots because we had no other option on those teams?

Why are you talking about McNeal? Like he is some gold standard. The point is simple. If you are can't hit a layup, you aren't that good on offense. Once he fixes that, he will be better.

feedback