[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 802957 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #4475 on: August 25, 2023, 01:18:09 PM »
More egg on their face; Mike Dean or Luis Rubiales?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4476 on: August 25, 2023, 01:42:08 PM »
More egg on their face; Mike Dean or Luis Rubiales?

Mike Dean, far and away. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4477 on: August 25, 2023, 02:05:56 PM »
Mike Dean, far and away.

See I was thinking the exact opposite.  Dean looks stupid, but had looked that way for a while, plus he said what everyone had kind of known for a while now, and got suspended for it.  Rubiales is dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodging his way around a situation where everyone is against him, and has made it clear that rather than resigning, he's going to have to be brought down kicking and screaming.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4478 on: August 25, 2023, 02:16:52 PM »
See I was thinking the exact opposite.  Dean looks stupid, but had looked that way for a while, plus he said what everyone had kind of known for a while now, and got suspended for it.  Rubiales is dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodging his way around a situation where everyone is against him, and has made it clear that rather than resigning, he's going to have to be brought down kicking and screaming.

Rubiales seems like your typical corrupt, egotistical futbol executive that thinks he is above the law and decency.  An a$$hole, but one without impacting the game (other than the whole team boycotting.)

Dean confirms the corruption of the game itself in England. To me, that's a bigger deal.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4479 on: August 25, 2023, 02:26:57 PM »
Rubiales seems like your typical corrupt, egotistical futbol executive that thinks he is above the law and decency.  An a$$hole, but one without impacting the game (other than the whole team boycotting.)

Dean confirms the corruption of the game itself in England. To me, that's a bigger deal.

Dean confirms it, but again, it was already known.  He was never part of the VAR era, but Mark Clattenburg's interviews a few years back went a long way in raising the curtain to reveal the boys club that reffing is in England.

Rubiales went full blown "Wolf of Wall Street" with his "I'm not going to resign, I'm not going to resign, I'm not going to resign". He now has the entire women's team boycotting, and mens players are starting to jump on board as well.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4480 on: August 25, 2023, 02:34:47 PM »
Easy - one questions the integrity of the game on a week in and week out basis. Rubiales will be out within the next week and everyone will be on their merry way.

Deane speaking to this after some terrible refereeing to kick off the prem this year only lights the fire under the conspiracy theorists. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4481 on: August 26, 2023, 11:02:43 AM »
Arsenal football: A brief history

Today's match in a nutshell.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4482 on: August 26, 2023, 01:42:47 PM »
Spurs fans singing we’ve got our Tottenham back after scraping by United at home and beating Bournemouth surely won’t come back to bite them later on this season lol

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4483 on: August 26, 2023, 02:10:08 PM »
Spurs fans singing we’ve got our Tottenham back after scraping by United at home and beating Bournemouth surely won’t come back to bite them later on this season lol

God forbid fans enjoy themselves.
You must be a blast at parties.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4484 on: August 26, 2023, 04:17:19 PM »
God forbid fans enjoy themselves.
You must be a blast at parties.

You’re right. Strong proclamation from the fans. And they’re right. Spurs are back taking 7 of nine points from two mid table teams and an out of sorts united. Can’t wait to see what they do in a hypothetical stretch against villa Fulham and west ham.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4485 on: August 27, 2023, 03:53:54 PM »
Liverpool absolute mentality monsters two weeks in a row. Incredible win up north against all odds. Very tough game against villa coming up.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #4486 on: August 27, 2023, 05:53:24 PM »
Liverpool absolute mentality monsters two weeks in a row. Incredible win up north against all odds. Very tough game against villa coming up.

Great book

panda

• All American
« Reply #4487 on: August 27, 2023, 08:40:17 PM »
Great book

A phenomenal story and great events to relive. I still believe that front three rivals only Neymar, Messi and Suarez for best attacking front in recent memory.

That 3-0 first leg in champions league 1/4 finals against city was an absolute wrecking ball performance that left pep and the squad in shambles.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4488 on: August 27, 2023, 09:44:54 PM »

Absolutely astounding result.  HORRIBLE goal given up by all too common TAA lax defending.  Then, a harsh red (I don't think it was the wrong call, per se, but it was not a malicious challenge, wasn't particularly late, and got a TON of ball.  I get the DOGSO reasoning, but still rough).  I actually think that woke them up, but even being the better team seemed not to matter down 1.

Then not 1, but 2 clinical finishes by Nunez who has been everything but in his time with Liverpool.  Just stunning.  The before and after shushing with Klopp was perfect.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4489 on: August 28, 2023, 07:42:28 AM »
Newcastle had about a dozen chances to put it away too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4490 on: August 28, 2023, 08:26:26 AM »
Newcastle had about a dozen chances to put it away too.

Alisson had 1 or 2 MONSTER saves that broke Newcastle's momentum for sure.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4491 on: August 28, 2023, 09:36:12 AM »
Absolutely astounding result.  HORRIBLE goal given up by all too common TAA lax defending.  Then, a harsh red (I don't think it was the wrong call, per se, but it was not a malicious challenge, wasn't particularly late, and got a TON of ball.  I get the DOGSO reasoning, but still rough).  I actually think that woke them up, but even being the better team seemed not to matter down 1.

Then not 1, but 2 clinical finishes by Nunez who has been everything but in his time with Liverpool.  Just stunning.  The before and after shushing with Klopp was perfect.

Letter of the law, I think the ref probably got it right. Silly challenge to make there, especially with Ali behind him.

Klopp has to figure a solution to the Trent problem. Either play him as a midfielder or put the reins on a bit at right back. It unbalances them and leads to far too many 1v1, 2v2 opportunities against the center halves.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4492 on: August 28, 2023, 09:48:36 AM »

For me that’s always a red. Badly timed, poorly positioned last man challenge. Very out of character for Vvd.

I’ve always been somewhat frustrated Liverpool never purchased a true back up right back for TAA competition. Neither Gomez nor Milner are natural rbs. They’ve filled in well but they’ve never brought in a direct competitor for him. This year would be perfect too given the lack of true midfield depth.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4493 on: August 28, 2023, 12:42:15 PM »
For me that’s always a red. Badly timed, poorly positioned last man challenge. Very out of character for Vvd.

I’ve always been somewhat frustrated Liverpool never purchased a true back up right back for TAA competition. Neither Gomez nor Milner are natural rbs. They’ve filled in well but they’ve never brought in a direct competitor for him. This year would be perfect too given the lack of true midfield depth.

Especially since they did it for LB with Tsimikas, even though Robertson is a far more reliable and pure LB.

I understood why they did it for awhile, but TAA's defending has only gotten worse.  His ball watching is just horrific these days.

They've shored up the midfield depth a bit, but they really should still be hunting an RB for option.  Especially since they have 5 CBs.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4494 on: August 28, 2023, 03:12:04 PM »
Especially since they did it for LB with Tsimikas, even though Robertson is a far more reliable and pure LB.

I understood why they did it for awhile, but TAA's defending has only gotten worse.  His ball watching is just horrific these days.

They've shored up the midfield depth a bit, but they really should still be hunting an RB for option.  Especially since they have 5 CBs.

Especially especially after the amount of games he's played the last few seasons. They completely change their shape whenever he's not in the team too. Very odd not to go after someone IMO

panda

• All American
« Reply #4495 on: August 29, 2023, 03:49:23 PM »
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/08/gregg-berhalter-coach-us-mens-soccer-team?mbid=social_twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_social-type=owned&utm_brand=vf&utm_source=twitter

Ggg would rather do an interview talking about how difficult it is to handle the Gio situation than actually speak with him. What a coward.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4496 on: August 29, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »
Going to the US vs. Uzbekistan friendly in St. Louis on next weekend.  Sounds like the club season is on break.  What kind of roster can I expect for that game?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4497 on: August 29, 2023, 03:59:22 PM »
Going to the US vs. Uzbekistan friendly in St. Louis on next weekend.  Sounds like the club season is on break.  What kind of roster can I expect for that game?

My guess is a lot of Americans playing against a lot of Uzbeks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #4498 on: August 29, 2023, 04:13:59 PM »

Ccv, Reyna, Sargent, booth, Adams, ldlt, zendejas, dike and Zimmerman are all injured. Also several guys with new club situations that hopefully won’t get called up. So probably more of the same MLS also rans that ggg loves so very much.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 04:34:55 PM by panda »

panda

• All American
« Reply #4499 on: August 30, 2023, 02:12:38 PM »
Ccv, Reyna, Sargent, booth, Adams, ldlt, zendejas, dike and Zimmerman are all injured. Also several guys with new club situations that hopefully won’t get called up. So probably more of the same MLS also rans that ggg loves so very much.

Shockingly solid team selection from GGG. My only nitpicks would be a couple of guys on the back end of the roster but quite frankly I'm pleasantly shocked from this group selected.

feedback