[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 800553 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #3075 on: October 24, 2020, 07:51:38 PM »
It was in a losing effort, but Dest was more than solid today in his first Classico.  First time I've watched him at Barca.  No reason (assuming he's healthy) that he's not the starting right back for the USMNT for the next decade plus.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3076 on: October 25, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
I don’t need to see Fulham in the PL ever again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3077 on: October 25, 2020, 11:42:56 PM »
I don’t need to see Fulham in the PL ever again.

:(

I think Fulham in the right circumstances could be successful. This iteration under Scott Parker almost certainly will not be. I'll admit they are getting slightly better every game but the talent and tactics are both not good enough
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:08:56 AM by BM1090 »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3078 on: October 26, 2020, 12:55:11 AM »
of course dest was born in Europe. jeez we almost never have a u.s. born star. Dont get me wrong glad we have em just amazing in a massive country we almost never see a star. pelesic is like 21 and already considered best usa player of all time. and hes just soldid midfeilder for chelsea lol. he wasnt even born here either. Us just for whatever reason,maybe cost to play as a kid here in clubs, cant get stars

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3079 on: October 26, 2020, 04:19:38 AM »
of course dest was born in Europe. jeez we almost never have a u.s. born star. Dont get me wrong glad we have em just amazing in a massive country we almost never see a star. pelesic is like 21 and already considered best usa player of all time. and hes just soldid midfeilder for chelsea lol. he wasnt even born here either. Us just for whatever reason,maybe cost to play as a kid here in clubs, cant get stars

Yes. Pulisic was born in the exotic foreign land known as “Pennsylvania.”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3080 on: October 26, 2020, 11:57:42 AM »

“Pelesic”

There’s another US kid on Barcelona, Konrad De La Fuente, but he was born in South America...oh wait, he’s from Miami.

And that USMNT kid from Mexico who is playing alongside Ronaldo at Juventus. Oh wait, that’s McKinnie who is from Dallas.

There are American born kids playing for Bayern and RB Leipzig.

If you think Pulisic is just another midfielder for Chelsea, I don’t know what to say about your soccer viewing abilities. Lampard didn’t care for him and Pulisic forced his way into playing time and earned the 10 shirt this year. When he’s been healthy, he’s been a bonfide EPL stud.

But lol that doesn’t fit your narrative lol.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3081 on: October 26, 2020, 11:59:15 AM »
anyone else enjoying the current EPL table? Only three of the Big Six in the top 10 and three sides that were in the Championship either last season or the previous season (and Palace, who had to fight off relegation last year).

1 Everton
2 Liverpool
3 Aston Villa
4 Leicester City
5 Leeds United
6 Southampton
7 Crystal Palace
8 Wolverhampton Wanderers
9 Chelsea
10 Arsenal

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3082 on: October 26, 2020, 12:00:36 PM »
“Pelesic”

There’s another US kid on Barcelona, Konrad De La Fuente, but he was born in South America...oh wait, he’s from Miami.

And that USMNT kid from Mexico who is playing alongside Ronaldo at Juventus. Oh wait, that’s McKinnie who is from Dallas.

If you think Pulisic is just another midfielder for Chelsea, I don’t know what to say about your soccer viewing abilities. Lampard didn’t care for him and Pulisic forced his way into playing time and earned the 10 shirt this year. When he’s been healthy, he’s been a bonfide EPL stud.

I won't hate on a guy who obviously doesn't have knowledge on a topic. But a quick Google search would have demonstrated the many USA-born youths playing in high level leagues

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3083 on: October 26, 2020, 12:00:55 PM »
anyone else enjoying the current EPL table? Only three of the Big Six in the top 10 and three sides that were in the Championship either last season or the previous season (and Palace, who had to fight off relegation last year).

1 Everton
2 Liverpool
3 Aston Villa
4 Leicester City
5 Leeds United
6 Southampton
7 Crystal Palace
9 Chelsea
10 Arsenal

Careful, DJO doesnt approve of use of the table this early in the season.   ::) ::)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3084 on: October 26, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »

1 Everton
2 Liverpool
3 Aston Villa
4 Leicester City
5 Leeds United
6 Southampton
7 Crystal Palace
9 Chelsea
10 Arsenal

Update when games played is equal.

Come on Spurs!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3085 on: October 26, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
Careful, DJO doesnt approve of use of the table this early in the season.   ::) ::)

Noticing quirks in the table after 5 or 6 games is a bit different than using it to take a shot at another club.  ::) ::)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3086 on: October 26, 2020, 12:26:57 PM »
Update when games played is equal.

Come on Spurs!

Obviously, it's going to change but early on it's fun to see a shakeup to the usual. Plus, Villa has a game in hand.

The one that disappoints me is Sheffield United. Awful so far.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3087 on: October 26, 2020, 05:59:17 PM »

1 Everton
2 Liverpool
3 Aston Villa
4 Leicester City
5 Tottenham
6 Leeds United
7 Southampton
8 Crystal Palace
9 Wolverhampton Wanderers
10 Chelsea

FIFY.   Arse, united, city all bottom half teams. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3088 on: October 26, 2020, 06:49:51 PM »
“Pelesic”

what narrarive lol? i just dont know wat im talkin about

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3089 on: October 26, 2020, 07:33:44 PM »

1 Everton
2 Liverpool
3 Aston Villa
4 Leicester City
5 Leeds United
6 Southampton
7 Crystal Palace
9 Chelsea
10 Arsenal

Spurs up to 5th

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3090 on: October 30, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »
Nice little Diego Flashback Friday came across my way:

https://twitter.com/DiarioOle/status/1322025973051723776?s=19

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3091 on: October 31, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »
First Bundesliga goal of the season for Josh Sargent.

https://twitter.com/rogbennett/status/1322566405615685635?s=19

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3092 on: November 02, 2020, 10:33:11 AM »

1 Everton
2 Liverpool
3 Aston Villa
4 Leicester City
5 Leeds United
6 Southampton
7 Crystal Palace
9 Chelsea
10 Arsenal

And one week later, 70% of the teams in the top half of the table finished last season in the top half, including 5 of the "big 6". 

The three teams that finished last year top half that are currently outside? Man U, who are admittedly a train wreck domestically, but it's clear to see that the talent is there to get it together (see European results).  Sheffield, who was pretty much universally accepted was punching way above their weight last year.  And Burnley, who were not only punching above their weight last year, but were also given no money to spend in the transfer window, and therefore, brought in no new players.

The three teams replacing them in the top half?  Last year's 11th place finisher Southampton, last years 12th place finisher Everton, and the early surprise of the season Villa who have also now dropped two games in a row. 

This is not meant as a "OP was stupid" kind of response, the table was interesting last week, so you can chill Zig, this is meant as a "this early in the season, a lot of things change on a week-to-week basis" kind of response, there are all of three points separating 3rd and 13th, lets let a bit more season play out.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3093 on: November 02, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
First Bundesliga goal of the season for Josh Sargent.

https://twitter.com/rogbennett/status/1322566405615685635?s=19

No clue how he stayed onside, but finished short side with a quick lash was a savvy finish. I hope he can move to a better club than Werner Bremen in the short term, but his progression is exciting.  The anti-Jordan Morris

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3094 on: November 02, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
No clue how he stayed onside, but finished short side with a quick lash was a savvy finish. I hope he can move to a better club than Werner Bremen in the short term, but his progression is exciting.  The anti-Jordan Morris

Yep, it's not an ideal (offensive) club right now for a finishing striker.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3095 on: November 02, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »

Tough angle to tell with certainty, but he looked offsides.  Might have been the middle defender that kept him on, he was clearly ahead of the near defender.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3096 on: November 02, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »
Manchester City v Liverpool this weekend is on Peacock Premium.

I have streaming premium fatigue.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3097 on: November 02, 2020, 03:51:43 PM »
Manchester City v Liverpool this weekend is on Peacock Premium.

I have streaming premium fatigue.

If they had a decent app, fine. But the quality blows, no way to rewind, and half the time the streams don't start when the game does.

NBC used to be the gold standard for coverage. Such a shame.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3098 on: November 02, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »
If they had a decent app, fine. But the quality blows, no way to rewind, and half the time the streams don't start when the game does.

NBC used to be the gold standard for coverage. Such a shame.

I wonder how long before NBC realizes that US soccer fans arent willing to shell out for premium games?  Its still a growing sport, need to get as many eyeballs as possible, not put up more barriers.

At least it's not PPV like in the UK...

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3099 on: November 02, 2020, 04:33:49 PM »
wife wins the household battle of Leeds/Leicester today. Jamie Vardy was having a party.

feedback