[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: belling talking about MU, assault, buzz, madison  (Read 8394 times)

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
belling talking about MU, assault, buzz, madison
« on: April 19, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
go to wisn, pull up bellings web site and need to listen to podcast to replay.  i came in half way thru.  sounds pretty provocative.  he brings up an interesting perspective...

wyzgy

• Team Captain
Re: belling talking about MU, assault, buzz, madison
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »
he started talking about it at about 5:30 until about 5:40 then went in to commercial.  will have to wait until after the show, until they put up today's podcast.  the 3rd hour, probably part II.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
Any context at all, buddy?

brandx

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 05:48:05 PM »
My life hasn't deteriorated enough for me to stoop to listening to him.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »
My life hasn't deteriorated enough for me to stoop to listening to him.
I guess that is a lefty talking. ;D I couldn't help myself.

Hour 3, part 1 on the podcast

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »
I guess that is a lefty talking. ;D I couldn't help myself.

Hour 3, part 1 on the podcast

I'm anything but a lefty and I can't stand that jerk at all.  I cannot think of a more ill-informed sports person than Mark Belling.  The second he starts opining about sports it becomes comical. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
He is very fair on the case today on Marquette. Just listen!

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muball

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »
I cant listen to anything he talks about, sorry

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
I'm anything but a lefty and I can't stand that jerk at all.  I cannot think of a more ill-informed sports person than Mark Belling.  The second he starts opining about sports it becomes comical.

+100

Belling is a complete idiot, and people in the business generally hate working with him. When he had his TV show, a friend of mine was on the production crew. Every day when Belling came in, he was rude to the staff, pretty much a complete jerk. So each day, my friend moved his chair backwards about a half-inch. He was the kind of guy who would just come in, throw his weight around, and flop down in his chair. Well, after a couple weeks of sliding the chair back, eventually it was at the very edge of the set. Belling came in, flopped into his chair, and went ass over teakettle backwards. Justice from all the production crew people that ever had to put up with him.

And as Chicos said, he is clueless about sports, and honestly, clueless about probably 40% of what he talks about. But because he is outspoken, people think he knows what he's talking about and his fans glom on and agree with anything he says because they are just as ill-informed as he is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »
ok, wow.   just thought i'd let ya'll know belling was talking about vander and some other stuff; i myself hadn't had the chance to listen to the whole thing as i was still at work.  now that i've had a chance to listen to it, i thought it was very fair.  he did go heavy on MU and their lack of pr.  what i found very revealing however, was the responses about the messenger.  he is a very unique person that is going to generate an opinion.  if you get past his ego, he is a very sharp dude and he has risen to national status in his field as he fills in for rush limbaugh fairly often.  anyway, he had some very provocative and some complimentary opinions of buzz. belling had some very frank questions about the type of person coaches are willing to recruit and how far are they willing to go with them.   i like vander a lot, but his public reaction to not recieveing wisco player of the year were kind of a buzz(not the coach) kill for me.  i really hope he grows thru these episodes and comes out a stronger/better person and player and allows his actions on/off the floor show it   

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
ok, wow.   just thought i'd let ya'll know belling was talking about vander and some other stuff; i myself hadn't had the chance to listen to the whole thing as i was still at work.  now that i've had a chance to listen to it, i thought it was very fair.  he did go heavy on MU and their lack of pr.  what i found very revealing however, was the responses about the messenger.  he is a very unique person that is going to generate an opinion.  if you get past his ego, he is a very sharp dude and he has risen to national status in his field as he fills in for rush limbaugh fairly often.  anyway, he had some very provocative and some complimentary opinions of buzz. belling had some very frank questions about the type of person coaches are willing to recruit and how far are they willing to go with them.   i like vander a lot, but his public reaction to not recieveing wisco player of the year were kind of a buzz(not the coach) kill for me.  i really hope he grows thru these episodes and comes out a stronger/better person and player and allows his actions on/off the floor show it   

This was easily the funniest thing I have read all day.

Mark Belling is a complete tool, and as dumb as they come.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 09:14:41 PM »
+ 1,000,000

There are no dumber people on the radio speaking about anything than Mark Belling.

"Wow! That guy has a lot of passion! He MUST really know what he's talking about." - Belling fans

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »
Code: [Select]

Spoken like soneone who has never listened to the show and only goes by what others say.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
I've listened to the show.  He states an opinion, then shouts anyone down or deflects them when they actually make a point.  It is a tactic that is used by many talk show hosts on both sides.  And then when they get the caller off the air, they minimize any "damage" they did by belittling them once again.  I don't think he is particularly intelligent but he's not dumb in that he knows how to make a living.

Everyone I have talked to who has had any sort of professional interaction with him thinks he's a tool though.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »

Oh I can think of plenty dumber

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »
He's paid to sell views on the air.

And that's why you ignore people like that. They're simply salespersons.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:03 PM »
He's paid to sell views on the air.

And that's why you ignore people like that. They're simply salespersons.

Sounds a lot like politicians...who should also be ignored

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 01:40:36 AM »
Sounds a lot like politicians...who should also be ignored

The only problem with ignoring politicians is that is when they are really screwing you.   ;)

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 05:58:11 AM »
 i'd like to be as dumb as he.  he's been on the air for over 20 years, highest rated show in this vicinity.  probaby making close to 7 figures, has owned a few good race horses and has made a name fr himself nationally.  regardless of your opinions of him-he doesn't give a flying f___ what anyone thinks.  yup, big tool.  anyway, any comments on what the messenger really had to say about us, or did ya'll not even bother-it was good and fair-actually shwed some restraint given his relationship with MU.  he was probably the reason wisn lost the broadcast rights.  the station that carries the games now sucks!! i can almost pick them up in waukesha, but cleveland comes in nice and clear ?-(

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
We get it, wyzgy, you're a fan. But the guy's got a reputation both on and off the air. He's the consummate definition of a troll. Says something just to rile people up, then refuses to have an honest discussion. I hate trolls enough on the Internet, no need to actively seek more of them out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
We get it, wyzgy, you're a fan. But the guy's got a reputation both on and off the air. He's the consummate definition of a troll. Says something just to rile people up, then refuses to have an honest discussion. I hate trolls enough on the Internet, no need to actively seek more of them out.

Exactly.

This is why most talk radio is almost impossible for me to listen to.

Whether you listen to conservative or liberal radio stations (or TV stations), you are usually just listening to reaffirm your own beliefs.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 07:38:40 AM »
The only problem with ignoring politicians is that is when they are really screwing you.   ;)

don't worry, they screw you regardless of how much you're paying attention... it might be a better idea just to close your eyes and pretend it's not happening.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »
don't worry, they screw you regardless of how much you're paying attention... it might be a better idea just to close your eyes and pretend it's not happening.

Are you Bobby Knight?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 07:52:25 AM »

Speaking of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about..If you don't listen, which by your own admission, you don't, how on earth are you qualified to comment on the quality of that show or the discussion that takes place?

BTW, it seems Vander Blue has a reputation now too. Are we all supposed to assume that he's a bad dude because his reputation says he is, even though we've never met him, or gotten to know anything about him? I could suggest that you have a reputation too...Milwaukee Fire Fighter I assume. A member of the union perhaps? Union members have a reputation of disagreeing with Mark Belling lately. Just sayin.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
Union members have a reputation of disagreeing with Mark Belling lately.

And that has made Belling more entertaining than ever lately.