[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sconnies, whats the deal  (Read 19350 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Sconnies, whats the deal
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »
are you really trying to attempt to start a pissing contest over a jelly donut?
A) Milwaukee has a large polish population too
B) I posted that on Fat Tuesday because they are traditionally a Fat Tuesday item

What's Fat Tuesday? Is that another name for Paczki Day?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
I must lead a sheltered life .. until this very thread, I'd never heard of "Sconnie."

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »
Sconnie is a term a couple UW students trademarked a couple years ago in reference to the university.

They took a derogatory term and made it positive, good thinking. I actually embrace the Sconnie name much more than cheesehead.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 12:44:04 AM »
You mean things are different in each state?! Holy crap I think the world is going to explode!

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 10:56:15 AM »
Fat people in Wisconsin is not a common misconception or TVs fault. It is a reality.
1) half of the city rides around on motorized scooters because walking is too much of a challenge
2) from my time in Milwaukee, Ive come to realize that Sconnies love to put ranch dressing on EVERYTHING. Just because Ranch is from Hidden Valley doesent make it an exotic food
3) Milwaukee is ALWAYS in the top five fattest cities in America 
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 11:02:49 AM »
Fat people in Wisconsin is not a common misconception or TVs fault. It is a reality.
1) half of the city rides around on motorized scooters because walking is too much of a challenge
2) from my time in Milwaukee, Ive come to realize that Sconnies love to put ranch dressing on EVERYTHING. Just because Ranch is from Hidden Valley doesent make it an exotic food

Looks like Milwaukee is ranked 11th......in the fittest cities not the fattest.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/top-25-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-the-u-s-351934/

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »

MYTH...in reality, Chicago is much less healthy than Milwaukee.
But I like to throw handfuls...

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
People in Chicago work, so a good portion of them can't find the time to work out. Also, I wouldn't consider a starving homeless man running from the police "fit."

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »
People in Chicago work, so a good portion of them can't find the time to work out. Also, I wouldn't consider a starving homeless man running from the police "fit."

Milwaukee 11th fittest....Chicago 13th fattest.  I am from Chicago so I am not being biased at all....although I do live in the 3rd fittest city presently.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/top-25-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-the-u-s-351934/

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 12:36:33 PM »
Stop arguing.  As a state, you're in the same group.

I'm proud to be in the only state still below 20% (though probably not for long), but for a sobering look at how this has all changed so rapidly, go here...and watch the map...

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html

/endhijack

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »

"meh meh meh I'm from Chicago and I perpetuate a negative myth about one city by creating a positive one about my own. meh meh meh"

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »
Milwaukee is the largest of all Chicago suburbs. If it wasn't for the Chicago fire, it would still be some no name town.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
Milwaukee is the largest of all Chicago suburbs. If it wasn't for the Chicago fire, it would still be some no name town.

What suburb did you grow up in?  Those of us who did grow up in the CITY of Chicago would never make comments like you have been making.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2011, 07:14:19 PM »

I find your superiority complex to be typical.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2011, 06:40:06 AM »

So you are also lacking in American history I see.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:28 AM »

WHO ARE YOU CALLING "YOU PEOPLE?!!"

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2011, 08:53:47 AM »

I'm proud to be in the only state still below 20% (though probably not for long), but for a sobering look at how this has all changed so rapidly, go here...and watch the map...

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html

/endhijack

I always take the BMI indexes with a grain of salt.  I am 24, 6"3' and 230, and I have worked out regularly since graduating high school where I played 3 sports.  I could probably lose a couple pounds but I definitely don't have much of a belly and I am 1 point away from being considered Obese. (I just used the first site that popped up when i googled BMI as my measurement)  In order to be considered a normal weight, I would have to be 6"9. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
I always take the BMI indexes with a grain of salt.  I am 24, 6"3' and 230, and I have worked out regularly since graduating high school where I played 3 sports.  I could probably lose a couple pounds but I definitely don't have much of a belly and I am 1 point away from being considered Obese. (I just used the first site that popped up when i googled BMI as my measurement)  In order to be considered a normal weight, I would have to be 6"9. 

Yeah, OK, fatty.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »

The BMI was developed by insurance companies in the 1930s to rate people for policies.  It hasn't changed since.  There is virtually no medical data at all in the formula.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:37 PM »

I agree the measurement is imperfect, however there's no denying the % of obese population is growing, and it's not because most people are working out every day.  It's because they're fat.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »
Congrats on the up grade to a real castle for The Mars Cheese Castle.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
Homeless people bathe in water fountains.

We drink out of bubblers.
hahahahahahaha

perfect

Buchec18

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 11:47:24 PM »
Hey Illinois people -- Do you remember when the Packers beat 'da bears' to get into the playoffs?!?! Couldn't get any better... could it?? But if I remember correctly, the Packers went into your spaceship of a stadium and knocked out your dbag QB!! But there is no possible way it could get any better after beating 'da bears' in their own stadium to go to the Super Bowl, could it? Oh but it did! I'm pretty sure that the Packers preceded to go onto Dallas and win the mfking SUPER BOWL. WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Wisconsin has ultimate bragging rights over anyone in Illinois FOREVER.

Wisconsin > Illinois

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »
Hey Illinois people -- Do you remember when the Packers beat 'da bears' to get into the playoffs?!?! Couldn't get any better... could it?? But if I remember correctly, the Packers went into your spaceship of a stadium and knocked out your dbag QB!! But there is no possible way it could get any better after beating 'da bears' in their own stadium to go to the Super Bowl, could it? Oh but it did! I'm pretty sure that the Packers preceded to go onto Dallas and win the mfking SUPER BOWL. WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Wisconsin > Illinois

I'm a Packer fan from WI but that post looks like your 12 YO is using your account to post here

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

Wisconsin > Illinois
The ultimate bragging right over the Bears is when that nimrod Urlacher has an open field for a TD on the interception and the panywaist QB from the Packers throws out an arm to bring Urlacher down. What a kitten Urlacher is. He should have retired immediately after that play.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.