collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sconnies, whats the deal  (Read 19349 times)

MUinSF

• Walk-On
Re: Sconnies, whats the deal
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
Any body else tired of Sconnie.  I am.  Seems like an east coast, ESPN patronization.
I think the "Sconnies" vs. "Coasties" thing is amusing -- and makes the Univ. of Wis. seem a bit more worldly. Never heard of it till long after my four years in the state, though.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
I think the "Sconnies" vs. "Coasties" thing is amusing -- and makes the Univ. of Wis. seem a bit more worldly. Never heard of it till long after my four years in the state, though.
I only just heard about it. I think it applies (or should) only to the UW people.  I was born and raised in WI until moving to Denver last summer and will never, ever consider or refer to myself as being a "Sconnie" or having anything to do with the "Sconnie Nation"

MUinSF

• Walk-On
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
Also, what's the deal with the motorized scooters? People everywhere are riding in those rascal things.
This may provide some disturbing clues to the scooter-proliferation mystery: http://www.cynical-c.com/2010/09/28/matt-taibi-on-teabaggers/

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
Hey Illinois people -- Do you remember when the Packers beat 'da bears' to get into the playoffs?!?! Couldn't get any better... could it?? But if I remember correctly, the Packers went into your spaceship of a stadium and knocked out your dbag QB!! But there is no possible way it could get any better after beating 'da bears' in their own stadium to go to the Super Bowl, could it? Oh but it did! I'm pretty sure that the Packers preceded to go onto Dallas and win the mfking SUPER BOWL. WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Wisconsin has ultimate bragging rights over anyone in Illinois FOREVER.

Wisconsin > Illinois
Shouldn't you be yelling at a 14 year old kid on halo right now

Buchec18

• Starter
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Shouldn't you be yelling at a 14 year old kid on halo right now

That's a really good one... you were the guy who posted this thread trying to hate on us 'Sconnies' as you call us, seems like you should be the one yelling at 14 year olds! I was simply pointing out that the Packers beat the Bears twice and won the Super Bowl AKA we have ultimate bragging rights over ANY Illinois sporting fan... which FIB's seem to brag about their sporting teams awfully too much for the 1985 Super Bowl team they had and that 100+ year streak for baseball.

All I am saying is that in terms of state bragging rights, Wisconsin holds the upper hand, therefore you have no right to be hating on us 'Sconnies'. Hell, you guys have to pay tolls.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2011, 11:13:13 PM »
Wisconsin smells like sex panther

Buchec18

• Starter
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2011, 01:36:23 AM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »
That's a really good one... you were the guy who posted this thread trying to hate on us 'Sconnies' as you call us, seems like you should be the one yelling at 14 year olds! I was simply pointing out that the Packers beat the Bears twice and won the Super Bowl AKA we have ultimate bragging rights over ANY Illinois sporting fan... which FIB's seem to brag about their sporting teams awfully too much for the 1985 Super Bowl team they had and that 100+ year streak for baseball.

All I am saying is that in terms of state bragging rights, Wisconsin holds the upper hand, therefore you have no right to be hating on us 'Sconnies'. Hell, you guys have to pay tolls.

Conveniently forgetting a Stanley Cup last year, a bunch of Bulls titles, and a World Series in the last 5 years.  And I forgot where bragging about the sports team you love is a crime.  Bragging isn't a problem, being an obnoxious douche is, but I'm sure you know that...

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
pwnt

Buchec18

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2011, 02:57:18 PM »
Conveniently forgetting a Stanley Cup last year, a bunch of Bulls titles, and a World Series in the last 5 years.  And I forgot where bragging about the sports team you love is a crime.  Bragging isn't a problem, being an obnoxious douche is, but I'm sure you know that...

Haha, exactly what I am doing.. bragging about my sports team that just won the mfking Super Bowl. I cannot stand FIB's as to why you think I am being an 'obnoxious douche'... typical ignorance.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2011, 03:21:38 PM »
Haha, exactly what I am doing.. bragging about my sports team that just won the mfking Super Bowl. I cannot stand FIB's as to why you think I am being an 'obnoxious douche'... typical ignorance.

Yep I'm the ignorant one when you state you hate "FIBs" for doing exactly what you are doing.  You stated

"Wisconsin has ultimate bragging rights over anyone in Illinois FOREVER."

Because of one Super Bowl?  Seriously?  And I just find it humorous that Brewers fans make fun of the Cubs when they have 0 Division titles.  Since the Brewers joined, the Cubs have 3.  Or if I was a Sox fan, I could claim the same number of division titles plus a WS.  But hey, I guess thats just my typical FIB ignorance.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »
I'm a Packer fan from WI but that post looks like your 12 YO is using your account to post here

+1. I am also a proud Wisconsin sports fan, and I disclaim association with Buchec's shennaniganery. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »
Ok, I think we're just about done here...

feedback