[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Who will win the NFC?

Bears
48 (34.5%)
Packers
91 (65.5%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author Topic: Packers vs. Bears Insanity  (Read 54176 times)

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: Packers vs. Bears Insanity
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »
If God is a Bears fan, it's a cold Sunday with snow next week, bad footing conditions.  Bears have a chance then to make it a muddy game.

If God is a Packers fan and it's a balmy day, semi-decent surface, Packers win.

Packers are the better team, but the better team doesn't always win.  If this game were indoors, the Packers would win by 3 touchdowns, but it's not indoors.

Bad conditions tend to favor the offense (in this case, the Packers) as the offensive players know where they're going. Look at what the Patriots did to the Bears and Jets in terrible conditions.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »
Bad conditions tend to favor the offense (in this case, the Packers) as the offensive players know where they're going. Look at what the Patriots did to the Bears and Jets in terrible conditions.

Normally I would agree, but that certainly wasn't the case in the Bears vs Packers game a few weeks ago in Lambeau. IMO.  GB looked slow and tentative that game.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
Normally I would agree, but that certainly wasn't the case in the Bears vs Packers game a few weeks ago in Lambeau. IMO.  GB looked slow and tentative that game.

I'd argue that the conditions weren't that bad during that game. Cold, sure, but no precipitation and the surface at Lambeau is in remarkable shape.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
Let's just say a good ground game in the cold, wet conditions seems to do wonders over a fast, passing attack type team.

2007 NFC title game in Green Bay would be another example I would use.

LON

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
First of all, you're not on the team.

Second, all those times the Packers were flagged for holding penalties (specifically holding Peppers), those penalties had nothing to do with the linemen getting beat, huh? It was simply the Packers beating themselves? I assume then, that you also believe that the Bears beat themselves in Lambeau since Cutler threw some really bad passes. The Packers certainly had nothing to do with it, right?

Finally, this game will come down to how well Cutler plays. If he takes care of the ball, the Bears will win. If not...I don't even want to say it. I think that he and Martz play smart, run the ball and head to the Super Bowl!

Bears 17-13

I use "We" when talking about MU and Green Bay...

I don't understand when people get all butt-hurt about that (unless they went to UW-(Insert Extension Here) and use it to describe the Badgers...I went to MU and go to games.  I spent enough money on them to use "we"

I went to 6 Packers games this year and at least 2 the last 4 years...I say I deserve to use "we"

And I'll be at that spaceship you call a stadium on Sunday too.

/I know you didn't address me I just want to get my shots in during hate-week (I have several friends that are Bears fans and it's a fun back and forth)

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »

Gee, I hope we can look slow and tentative like that again this week.  Seems to me we won that one.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »
I use "We" when talking about MU and Green Bay...

I don't understand when people get all butt-hurt about that (unless they went to UW-(Insert Extension Here) and use it to describe the Badgers...I went to MU and go to games.  I spent enough money on them to use "we"

I went to 6 Packers games this year and at least 2 the last 4 years...I say I deserve to use "we"

And I'll be at that spaceship you call a stadium on Sunday too.

/I know you didn't address me I just want to get my shots in during hate-week (I have several friends that are Bears fans and it's a fun back and forth)

+1

I absolutely hate the crap when people start saying you can't use "WE" when talking about THEIR teams.  Damn straight they can.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
Gee, I hope we can look slow and tentative like that again this week.  Seems to me we won that one.

I hope you win as well, it will make my wife and son extremely happy.  As an impartial observer who does not care about either team, I did not feel Chicago brought everything to bear (no pun intended) and GB had to win to make the playoffs, yet it was a game that was up for grabs all day long.  And it was at Lambeau Field.  I have to think Chicago feels pretty good about that.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »
Bears 98, Green Bay 3.

The only reason GB gets a field goal is that Papa Bear Halas comes down from heaven to award the Halas trophy to Da Bears and they miss blocking a FG by an inch because they are distracted by the great Papa Bear Halas.

I used to think you were funny , now it looks like you are just lame.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »
Let's just say a good ground game in the cold, wet conditions seems to do wonders over a fast, passing attack type team.

2007 NFC title game in Green Bay would be another example I would use.

Unless the conditions are extreme, i think the good ground game stuff is over rated. I remember Manning and Plexi glass Burrico tearing Al harris a new one in that 2007 nfc title game, they didn't have any problem passing, they had a great ground game to go with it. Besides the packers defense is too good to get gashed over and over again by the run.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
I used to think you were funny , now it looks like you are just lame.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
Unless the conditions are extreme, i think the good ground game stuff is over rated. I remember Manning and Plexi glass Burrico tearing Al harris a new one in that 2007 nfc title game, they didn't have any problem passing, they had a great ground game to go with it. Besides the packers defense is too good to get gashed over and over again by the run.

Burress and Driver both had big games, but both QB's were in the 250 yard range.  Manning barely at .500 completion and same for Favre.

Giants time of Possession 40 minutes.  Packers 22 minutes. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: And the tweets start...Ryan Grant with the first one
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 03:43:53 PM »
What a dope.

Ryan Grant and I will have the same impact on the outcome of Sunday's game.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »
Having balance in the NFL is overrated. The only reason good teams have a "balanced attack" is because they have leads late in the game and are trying to run the clock out.

Unless the weather is absolutely treacherous, GB should be able to move the ball through the air. Rodgers is on fire, as is McCarthy with his play calls.

I am worried however, about GBs offensive line in pass protection. Rodgers was able to escape several sacks on Saturday, thankfully.

Regarding the use of "we"...I think it sounds dumb if you dont have a legitimate connection to the team. Ex...Using "we" as a Marquette student/alum is fine. But when it comes to pro sports...it sounds weird if you use it and dont play or work for the team.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
Having balance in the NFL is overrated. The only reason good teams have a "balanced attack" is because they have leads late in the game and are trying to run the clock out.

Unless the weather is absolutely treacherous, GB should be able to move the ball through the air. Rodgers is on fire, as is McCarthy with his play calls.

I am worried however, about GBs offensive line in pass protection. Rodgers was able to escape several sacks on Saturday, thankfully.

Regarding the use of "we"...I think it sounds dumb if you dont have a legitimate connection to the team. Ex...Using "we" as a Marquette student/alum is fine. But when it comes to pro sports...it sounds weird if you use it and dont play or work for the team.

Packers share holder?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 04:04:41 PM »
Packers share holder?

Do people that own stock in Pepsi say "Wow, we really have a cool looking can?" For them...their share actually has value too.

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: And the tweets start...Ryan Grant with the first one
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
If you read the story, the tweet was made after the Packers beat ATL and before the Bears-Seahawks game was even played. Relatively innocuous, if you ask me.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 04:59:02 PM »
Da Bears 123, Pack 0

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »
As a Colts fan living in Chicago that HATES the Bears, I'm hoping beyond all hope that the Pack will win in a very lopsided fashion. I want the only people remaining in the stands by the 4th quarter to be Packer fans. I want the Bears to be embarrassed in a historical way.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
As a Colts fan living in Chicago that HATES the Bears... 

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
As a Packers fan, I see this game really comes down to the performance of two units: the Packers offensive performance relative to the Bears special teams

Green Bay's special teams play (outside of FG's) has been awful over the last decade.  Chicago's is excellent.  There's no doubt in my mind that Hester scores a special teams TD this Sunday on a muffed directional punt/kickoff. Hopefully that's the only big play he has and the Bears are below their average in starting field position for the rest of the game.  

If GB's offense is exceptional enough to outweigh the special teams gap, the Pack can win.  If not, Chicago goes to the Super Bowl in a nail biter 20-17.  

Regardless of the outcome I'm hoping for NFC dominance in the Super Bowl.  Let's show those clowns on the East Coast that the NFC North is not to be f'*cked with.  

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
As a Packers fan, I see this game really comes down to the performance of two units: the Packers offensive performance relative to the Bears special teams

Green Bay's special teams play (outside of FG's) has been awful over the last decade.  Chicago's is excellent.  There's no doubt in my mind that Hester scores a special teams TD this Sunday on a muffed directional punt/kickoff. Hopefully that's the only big play he has and the Bears are below their average in starting field position for the rest of the game.  

If GB's offense is exceptional enough to outweigh the special teams gap, the Pack can win.  If not, Chicago goes to the Super Bowl in a nail biter 20-17.  

Regardless of the outcome I'm hoping for NFC dominance in the Super Bowl.  Let's show those clowns on the East Coast that the NFC North is not to be f'*cked with.  

There is NO WAY Hester even gets a chance to return anything on Sunday, especially after Weems' return last week. Roberto Garza has a better chance at a long return (a la Dan Connolly) than does Hester.

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
Aaron Rodgers hates cancer patients.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/62-zJzB-chA?version=3&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/62-zJzB-chA?version=3&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

feedback