[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: FULCE NOT DONE  (Read 9122 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: FULCE NOT DONE
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »
Not bashing, but I think you may have mis-interpreted what Buzz said, as has been stated previously in this thread or another.  The way I interpreted the quote was that Buzz said his Fulce's knee was totally shot PRIOR to the latest injury, not as the result of the latest injury.  Of course, I may be intrepreting it wrong too. 

Could be, didn't think of it like that.  Definitely could see that being the case.  I thought he was saying it in context of the latest injury but your interpretation certainly could be right as well.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »
@MUWarriorBBall: #mubb Joe Fulce has a dislocated knee cap & said he is most likely done for the season, but not necessarily.

Just an example of why Twitter is not a great source to report from. Regardless, GREAT news! Get well soon Joe. Your senior season is waiting for you... Go get it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:33:32 AM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
Just an example of why Twitter is not a great source to report from. Regardless, GREAT news! Get well soon Joe. Your senior season is waiting for you... Go get it.

You mean in terms of Buzz's comments? I got them from the article last night.

Coach Buzz Williams

On whether Joe Fulce's injury occurred when he appeared to bang knees with an opposing player: "No. He's got a shot knee; it's been shot. I would say it's completely shot. That's all I know."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111505879.html

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »
Someone posted earlier today that Fulce had a dislocated knee and was probably out for the year. I believe the twitter name was MU_BBALL or something like that which I think is pretty close to a Marquette official's twitter.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
I don't think it's over reacting to think someone was done for the year when it comes to knees. Especially for a guy with bad knees and was screaming on the floor. It was a safe assumption at the time. Everyone hear was classy so don't see the big deal?

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »
Chico- no. I meant in regard to the tweet about the dislocated knee by MUbballWarrior or whatever the tweet handle was. Will quote it tomorrow when I get in front of a computer. Can't quote on my BlackBerry.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
Ah, ok...thanks

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »
Ahem.

No disrespect to Coach Buzz, but i personally usually wait to hear what the radiologists/orthopods say before rendering my final judgment.  I personally was more worried about an ACL rupture given how my friend reported JF pivoting on his foot or w/e.  At any rate, the initially reported patellar dislocation was still, to me, not a season-ending injury by any stretch... but that's what you get for rumors and quick-Tweeters.

Just sayin' . . .

RICE that knee up, Joe! we will need your energy for the BEAST season!

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »
@MUWarriorBBall: #mubb Joe Fulce has a dislocated knee cap & said he is most likely done for the season, but not necessarily.

The first time I saw it, the originating handle had been omitted. Obviously, if I saw Warrior in the handle, I would know it was unofficial.

My lesson learned.

Note Profile of said tweeter: a sports writer for The Warrior(Marquette's Independent Newspaper), will be providing M.U. men's basketball news/analysis all season long.

Kid will do anything to get the paper publicity and a RT from Rosiak and the JS

Remember when the warrior was reporting that Bobby Knight was going to come out of retirement to coach MU?

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »
Sounds like a knee with underlying problems. Great to hear that the recent injury is not "career ending" but a "severe bone contusion" won't go away quickly. The season is short, the healing time is long. Here's hoping the kid comes along quickly enough to get some time on the court and be rewarded for all his hard work.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 08:12:39 AM »

"not a great source to report from" ?? Twitter is a freaking terrible source. The moment that the New York Times (and all "reputable" serious media) and ESPN started sourcing stories exclusively off of twitter was the moment they should have been wholeheartedly ignored as being no better than the tabloids.

Jumping Jesuit

• Walk-On
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
Joe is the Ronaldo of NCAA basketball. Hopefully, he can bounce back like R9 did.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 09:03:54 AM »
The Rasputin of MU hoops.
I love this.

Great news...Joe is one of my favorites.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
A blurb about this on the frontpage of ESPN CBB

Also mentions the Buycks is now probable for the Bucky game

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5900673

(The story shows up on the CBB page but then redirects to the MLB section. Nice job ESPN)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »
A blurb about this on the frontpage of ESPN CBB

Also mentions the Buycks is now probable for the Bucky game

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5900673

(The story shows up on the CBB page but then redirects to the MLB section. Nice job ESPN)

MILWAUKEE -- Marquette senior forward Joseph Fulce has been diagnosed with a severe bone contusion after injuring his left knee Tuesday night, but the school hasn't ruled out his eventual return to the court.

Fulce was taken to the hospital after falling to the court in obvious pain during the second half of the Golden Eagles' victory over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Tuesday night. Fulce had problems with the same knee earlier in the season.

Coach Buzz Williams said after the game that he feared the worst.

"He's got a shot knee," Williams said. "It's been shot. I would say it's completely shot. That's all I know."

Marquette forward Jae Crowder said it was difficult to listen to Fulce scream in pain as the crowd fell silent.

"I knew it was the same knee that he just came back from," Crowder said. "I knew it was serious. Then the screaming that I heard and everybody else heard really shut me down."

The school says Fulce is doubtful for Saturday's game against Wisconsin, and his future availability will be based on his response to treatment.

Senior guard Dwight Buycks, who missed Tuesday's game with a sprained ankle, is probable for Saturday's game.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »
Turns out it could still be season ending. We'll see December 26.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »
Is this directly connected to his previous injury or is this coincidence? We need him back as soon as it is safe.

A bone contusion results from a hit on the knee, so most likely he did have his knee collide with a Texas A& M CC player's knee as was reported after the game.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
Turns out it could still be season ending. We'll see December 26.

What's special about that date?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

NumenFlumenque

• Walk-On
  • Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 05:27:09 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2010, 05:43:17 PM »
Why the jan 8th date?  Did the 30% rule change?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »
What's special about that date?
Saw it on twitter that buzz mentioned that date. Though the article below says the deadline is after Jan 8's game. Bet Buzz just used Christmas as a benchmark time frame?

Boone

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
May be cold to post, but I'd prefer we not redshirt someone and tie up a scholarship for another year on someone who's knee is "shot." Too risky.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 07:32:26 PM »
May be cold to post, but I'd prefer we not redshirt someone and tie up a scholarship for another year on someone who's knee is "shot." Too risky.

sure seems like Buzz thinks his career is over. At this point, Buzz probably does not want Joe hobbled for life.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »

Well, IMO, the redshirt is just giving him the option to play next year.  He may finish all his classes this year, and decide that the knee hurts too much to play next year.  Or Buzz may convince him that his days are done.  The redshirt doesn't force us to use  a scholarship on him next year, but it certainly would allow us to use  scholarship on him next year if the stars were to align.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
A healthy Joe Fulce is better for next year's roster than anyone else we could bring in, but if there's a 10% chance he makes it through the season I'd rather take him for a game or two down the stretch this year.

feedback