'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: FULCE NOT DONE  (Read 9126 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
FULCE NOT DONE
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »
From Rosiak:

Breaking: #mubb Joe Fulce severe bone contusion in left knee. NOT career-ending, as had been feared. Doubtful for UW on Saturday.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: FULCE NOT DONE
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:59:51 PM »
Huzzah! Awesome news  8-)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:01:55 PM »
That's remarkable. Get well soon, Joe, we're gonna need you for the BEast!

Slim

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
Is this directly connected to his previous injury or is this coincidence? We need him back as soon as it is safe.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 07:03:40 PM »
The Rasputin of MU hoops.  We need you, Joe!  Get well

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »
Very happy to hear that.  

I really don't know why people jump to conclusions.  

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
Good news.  Hopefully he can make it back soon, we'll need him.  Already have one loss that would have been a win with a healthy Fulce.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
Thank goodness. Heal up Joe! We need you.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »
Very happy to hear that.  

I really don't know why people jump to conclusions.  

Did you watch last night?

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
Seeing a guy screaming on the ground leads people to fear the worst...

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
It was also pseudo-reported by someone on twitter. (not going to mention who because I dont think they deserve the extra publicity)

I'm pretty pissed that it took off as news when it was rumor.

Even more pissed that I fell into believing it.

Would love to hear that persons explanation of how they got it so wrong when they reported it as fact.

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Fulce, MU dodge a bullet
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
Fulce, MU dodge a bullet

An examination of Joe Fulce's left knee on Wednesday revealed a severe bone contusion, an injury that is not considered to be career-ending, as had initially been feared.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111564429.html

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 07:31:12 PM »
Did you watch last night?

Yes, and I have no doubt it was EXTREMELY painful.  I have had 4 knee surgeries myself.  2 of which were reconstructive.  I have felt his pain.

It was clear to me there was no twisting or collapse of the knee when I saw it, but 9 out of 10 of the people on here claimed his season was over.  That reaction makes no sense to me, but whatever.

I am just glad Joe is ok.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
It was also pseudo-reported by someone on twitter. (not going to mention who because I dont think they deserve the extra publicity)

I'm pretty pissed that it took off as news when it was rumor.

Even more pissed that I fell into believing it.

Would love to hear that persons explanation of how they got it so wrong when they reported it as fact.

Because Buzz said "His knee was completely shot" that got reported everywhere people read about MU basketball... not Just Twitter

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:01 PM »
Because Buzz said "His knee was completely shot" that got reported everywhere people read about MU basketball... not Just Twitter

No - I saw that too originally. This tweet was sometime this morning and listed a specific injury, not just "completely shot".

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »
No - I saw that too originally. This tweet was sometime this morning and listed a specific injury, not just "completely shot".

Who tweeted what? 

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »

Buzz said his knee was completely shot BEFORE the injury.  Buzz is very emotional, and I love him for that, so I didn't read much into his reaction after the game. 

As for Twitter, I don't put much stock in the opinion of a bunch of people that have never met Joe, let alone diagnosed his knee.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 08:06:52 PM »
Well I was at the game even with the baseline across from visitors bench about 17 rows up.  Right in front of where it happened.  If you were there I believe you would have thought his season was over.  It was absolutely terrible to watch.  Then on the drive back to Chicago listening to Buzz break down on the postgame and describe it I was 99% sure he was done.

Thank god I may be wrong.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »
Who tweeted what? 

@MUWarriorBBall: #mubb Joe Fulce has a dislocated knee cap & said he is most likely done for the season, but not necessarily.

The first time I saw it, the originating handle had been omitted. Obviously, if I saw Warrior in the handle, I would know it was unofficial.

My lesson learned.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
Bone bruise is great news. Just shows how much pain he was already in. Tough dude.
"We have the blues on the run!"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »
OK, I know this will be construed as a negative against Buzz.  It's not meant to be.  This is the second or third time that Buzz has come into a post game press conference to claim an calamitous injury that turned out not to be.  I'm sure the psyche is to think "Oh my God, he's done", which I get.  It's part of wearing his emotions on his sleeve, part of his makeup.  On some of these I think I'd rather have a "we'll wait until tomorrow to see what's up".

At any rate, bash away.  It truly isn't meant to be a bash at all, just an opinion that he might want to play the injury thing a bit closer to the vest.

Thrilled to hear Mr. Fulce will be back.  Kid has worked too hard to go out the way many of us thought he might have based on the injury and the words from the press conference last night.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »
You guys are always flying off at the handle
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
Wait there's more to come?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
OK, I know this will be construed as a negative against Buzz.  It's not meant to be.  This is the second or third time that Buzz has come into a post game press conference to claim an calamitous injury that turned out not to be.  I'm sure the psyche is to think "Oh my God, he's done", which I get.  It's part of wearing his emotions on his sleeve, part of his makeup.  On some of these I think I'd rather have a "we'll wait until tomorrow to see what's up".

At any rate, bash away.  It truly isn't meant to be a bash at all, just an opinion that he might want to play the injury thing a bit closer to the vest.

Thrilled to hear Mr. Fulce will be back.  Kid has worked too hard to go out the way many of us thought he might have based on the injury and the words from the press conference last night.
Not bashing, but I think you may have mis-interpreted what Buzz said, as has been stated previously in this thread or another.  The way I interpreted the quote was that Buzz said his Fulce's knee was totally shot PRIOR to the latest injury, not as the result of the latest injury.  Of course, I may be intrepreting it wrong too.  

EDIIT:  This is the other statement I was referring to:

For the record, I beleive the context of Buzz's quote that his knee was shot was referring to the status of his knee *before* the collision.  So is it "more shot" now?  We don't know yet.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111505879.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:36:37 PM by ATL MU Warrior »

marquette99

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:54 PM »
Fantastic news!

feedback