[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on signees, recruiting  (Read 22187 times)

Earl Tatum

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on signees, recruiting
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
 :) :oAs aforementioned--Let's cut this GD Newbill crap out. It's done. OK! How many other coaches have done this and probably got away with it. This is hard-nose D-1 Basketball. A good scholie get is PF Angelo Chol in California. We did it with Anderson, why not Chol.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »
Chicos: THE RIGHT THING TO DO is shut the F*CK up.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »
Why not Chol? Because at this point, the odds of getting a Top 100 recruit who you haven't previously been in on are pretty much zero. Might as well hope for Amir Williams or Michael Chandler, both of whom are rated higher and live closer to Marquette than Chol does.

I think we're far more likely to nab someone like God's Gift Achiuwa, who Buzz already has a good relationship with and is supposedly seriously considering us, or Martin Breunig, who is currently local and also has shown interest in us and vice versa.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »
I get it. We can't believe Buzz because Jim Calhoun is a liar. False syllogisms - A) Jim Calhoun is a coach, B) Jim Calhoun is a liar, C) therefore all coaches are liars - illuminate nothing but the prejudice of the person suggesting them.

Wasn't that a true false question on the LSAT years ago?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »
If Buzz's wife says hello to Chicos' wife at a shopping mall near our NCAA destination, he will have the same affinity for our current coach as he does our former coach (who is currently paying an AAU coach as a member of his staff and now has at least 7 players from that AAU program...within the rules).

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
Yes, because we should always take the word of the coaches, politicians, leaders of the world and forget the little guy, forget what the players say.

Are you serious?  I mean really, are you being serious?  Should we take the word of Jim Calhoun...he's a coach, he says he didn't cheat and did nothing wrong?  Or is that an exception because he isn't OUR coach?

You'll forgive me but all these coaches are in it for the same thing...to make lots of $$$ and to win.  Buzz is right that he technically did nothing wrong...by the rules.  The question becomes was it the right thing to do.  Big difference.  That's what is at issue, not whether any rule was broken.  No one EVER said a rule was broken in that situation.  The question was and is whether it was the RIGHT THING TO DO

I really respect most people's opinions here so I don't want to get into a b*&^h fight.  All I will say is that the nature of college sports is our fault.  We are the one's wanting to run a guy out of town the second they start losing.  Coaches are the ones that will jump when a better opportunity is on the table.  Kids are the ones that want to go to the program that will increase their chances of getting to the next level.  As long as Buzz is following the rules, I don't give an "f" if the guy might hurt a kid's feelings.  Buzz has mouths to feed too.  And if he can make a winning team that handle themselves in a way that represents my university, I will be happy.

If people are in need of a coach that will always take the moral high ground, then your never going to get it because the nature of college sports doesn't allow it.  Sad, but its the truth.  So deal with it.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:13:18 PM by ErickJD08 »
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »
It continues to be a rough week for Chicos...as Buzz would say...character revealed.  But, I personally don't want Chicos to stop posting here, as it is somewhat fun to watch him dig his own grave deeper and deeper.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
He did? I guess people will read that the way they want to. The comment is relative to keeping a scholarship open as opposed to simply taking 'a guy' to use it up. Where exactly did he say he dropped Newbill to sign Wilson? I look forward to reading that.

He clearly infered he dropped a mid-major talent for a high-major one.  I would have thought an MU edcuation would have taught you to not be so literal.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
This newbill bs is getting ridiculous. We got a better player and that's that.

Right.  Cause the ends always justify the means.   ::)

Isn't there a game tonight or something?

Yes there is.

Chicos: THE RIGHT THING TO DO is shut the F*CK up.

Classy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »
It continues to be a rough week for Chicos...as Buzz would say...character revealed.  But, I personally don't want Chicos to stop posting here, as it is somewhat fun to watch him dig his own grave deeper and deeper.

Rough week?  It's been a great week.  44th straight positive subs quarter.

I went to the MU game on Saturday, I was looking for you but you didn't show up.

I met up with a lot of former MU buddies and employees of the Athletic Department.

I saw the Cowboys get crushed and that meant Wade was fired. 

My son had the time of his life in Wisconsin

I watched a lot of you go into self-destruct mode based on what was happening a few states to the east.

It's been a great week, Ners.  A great week.

Best of all, I learned that coaches do no wrong (well, some coaches) and we should all be lemmings, never challenge authority or the status quo, and certainly accept only one version of a story.  Rock on!!  Woo Hoo.  Oh, and Vander Blue is here because of Maymon....forgot about that one.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 02:09:04 PM »

He clearly infered he dropped a mid-major talent for a high-major one.  I would have thought an MU edcuation would have taught you to not be so literal.

Do you mean "implied?"
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »

He clearly infered he dropped a mid-major talent for a high-major one.  I would have thought an MU edcuation would have taught you to not be so literal.

No, inferring is what you're doing as a result of your predispositions on this particular issue.
Implying is what you're claiming he did.
One would have thought an MU education would have taught you the difference.  ;)

But his comments could just as easily - and perhaps more logically - be read the other way: he was asked about holding a scholie open to spring and gave that reply.

Either way, people have and will continue to view this through the prism of their own making. Those who want to believe Buzz did something bad, will call him a liar for saying he didn't. Those who think he did nothing wrong, will use these comments to justify that stance.
And those of us willing to admit we don't know what happened, probably never will know what happened and don't play the role of Super Internet Insider will shrug our shoulders and say "meh."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
No, inferring is what you're doing as a result of your predispositions on this particular issue.
Implying is what you're claiming he did.
One would have thought an MU education would have taught you the difference.  ;)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!  You got me.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »

Best of all, I learned that coaches do no wrong (well, some coaches) and we should all be lemmings, never challenge authority or the status quo, and certainly accept only one version of a story.  Rock on!!  Woo Hoo.  Oh, and Vander Blue is here because of Maymon....forgot about that one.

Unfortunately, you still haven't learned that your opinion is not going to be shared by everyone no matter how many times you state it over and over and over and over again.

BTW, we're still waiting for your rebuttal on the Vander-Maymon thread (aka the Derrick Wilson thread). I assume you're still sticking with your version of the story since you brought it up again on this thread...even after being pantsed by IWB on the other thread.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »
And those of us willing to admit we don't know what happened, probably never will know what happened and don't play the role of Super Internet Insider will shrug our shoulders and say "meh."

+99%  (as in 99% of MU fans have moved on and no longer care)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
Rough week?  It's been a great week.  44th straight positive subs quarter.

I went to the MU game on Saturday, I was looking for you but you didn't show up.

I met up with a lot of former MU buddies and employees of the Athletic Department.

I saw the Cowboys get crushed and that meant Wade was fired. 

My son had the time of his life in Wisconsin

I watched a lot of you go into self-destruct mode based on what was happening a few states to the east.

It's been a great week, Ners.  A great week.

Interesting that you're doing cartwheels over your favorite NFL team getting destroyed so that a coach you disapproved of would get crapcanned. Knowing that you'll actively root against your own team because you don't like the coach troubles me on soooo many levels.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
But it doesn't surprise you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
I really respect most people's opinions here so I don't want to get into a b*&^h fight.  All I will say is that the nature of college sports is our fault.  We are the one's wanting to run a guy out of town the second they start losing.  Coaches are the ones that will jump when a better opportunity is on the table.  Kids are the ones that want to go to the program that will increase their chances of getting to the next level.  As long as Buzz is following the rules, I don't give an "f" if the guy might hurt a kid's feelings.  Buzz has mouths to feed too.  And if he can make a winning team that handle themselves in a way that represents my university, I will be happy.

If people are in need of a coach that will always take the moral high ground, then your never going to get it because the nature of college sports doesn't allow it.  Sad, but its the truth.  So deal with it.  

Erick

I agree with much of what you said...it is our fault. 

Secondly, I'm not looking for a saint out there...Al was not a saint, (Hank probably was), Rick certainly wasn't, Lord knows Dukiet wasn't, same with KO, MD, Crean.  I get it, we all get it.  On the other hand, we can't be here bit&*(ing and whining when other schools are recruiting our verballed kids when we're out there doing the same.  We can't be crying about our reputation of cutting players loose and not honoring scholarships etc because we deserve every bit of it, we can't be running around preaching holier than thou program that doesn't squirm itself across the line when it we do enough of it on our own.

Buzz is a good guy, I truly believe that.  Those posters on here that know me personally and have actually had a conversation with me about it will back me up on that.  I think he's well intentioned.   That can be said about a lot of coaches out there that were good guys, were well intentioned but either blindly or intentionally did things they shouldn't.  Many times, with those other coaches, it became "oh that's just X being X"...no harm no foul.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »
Chicos - why not post what you know and if you won't then let it go?  Hey, that rhymes!  Gotta' be a haiku in there somewhere.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
But it doesn't surprise you.

Actually, it kinda does.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
Unfortunately, you still haven't learned that your opinion is not going to be shared by everyone no matter how many times you state it over and over and over and over again.

BTW, we're still waiting for your rebuttal on the Vander-Maymon thread (aka the Derrick Wilson thread). I assume you're still sticking with your version of the story since you brought it up again on this thread...even after being pantsed by IWB on the other thread.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Reserach shows that volume and repetition doesn't work:

http://www.miller-mccune.com/politics/to-reach-consensus-lets-talk-less-25256/

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 03:28:47 PM »

Best of all, I learned that coaches do no wrong (well, some coaches) and we should all be lemmings, never challenge authority or the status quo, and certainly accept only one version of a story.  Rock on!!  Woo Hoo. 

How exactly are you NOT accepting only one version of the story? Do you ever read your own posts? You really are a hypocrite.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Erick

Secondly, I'm not looking for a saint out there...Al was not a saint, (Hank probably was), Rick certainly wasn't, Lord knows Dukiet wasn't, same with KO, MD, Crean.  I get it, we all get it.  On the other hand, we can't be here bit&*(ing and whining when other schools are recruiting our verballed kids when we're out there doing the same.  We can't be crying about our reputation of cutting players loose and not honoring scholarships etc because we deserve every bit of it, we can't be running around preaching holier than thou program that doesn't squirm itself across the line when it we do enough of it on our own.

You do realize that you are largely the only one who takes a "holier than thou" approach..and wants/expects the MU program to be, beyond squeaky clean.  I don't ever recall complaining about other schools recruiting our verbaled commits..and actually don't recall much chatter at all about that..you may not like it..but it is par for the course in high major ball these days.  Oversigning happens at virtually every high major program..Crean did it..Buzz did it...everyone's issue with you is simply your DOUBLE STANDARD to where the behavior is excusable when excerised by Tom Crean..but deplorable when exercised by Buzz Williams.

As I said previously...the only reason I want to see Tom Crean fail is to simply shut you up.  That said..he did land some good players..but of course you find NOTHING squirmy about hiring the son of an AAU programs coach -  that has now sent 7 kids the way of IU....nor do you find it at all squirmy that Crean gave a walk on slot to the son of one of the Indiana Elite's Board of Directors sons?  Business as usual..no quid prop quo here right?  Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?  I'm sure if Buzz did something like this..it definitely would make you squirmy..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
Can't some of your guys take the bitch fighting to PMs? (see what I did there?)

Seriously. We're getting into mirco-analysis of every post.

Clarify your stance and agree to disagree, boys.

Some of you guys are just hunting each other down looking for a reason to fight, and for no good reason.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
Erick

Buzz is a good guy, I truly believe that.  Those posters on here that know me personally and have actually had a conversation with me about it will back me up on that.  I think he's well intentioned.   That can be said about a lot of coaches out there that were good guys, were well intentioned but either blindly or intentionally did things they shouldn't.  Many times, with those other coaches, it became "oh that's just X being X"...no harm no foul.

well said
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

feedback