'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU vs UWM  (Read 24482 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: MU vs UWM
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »
Yeah, just messing. It wouldn't be bad to see UWGB or Butler. Would be a fun atmosphere.
What exactly is a loge seat?

Loge is the balcony section, usually.  Sometimes it refers to the upper part of the lower section, though that's for "modern" arenas.  Also, loge sometimes refers to loge boxes, so the luxury boxes above the lower deck of the Bradley Center.  The 'Cell doesn't have boxes though.  Perhaps 'loge' refers to the obstructed-view seats in the arena? :P

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:16:31 PM by Skatastrophy »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
Yeah, just messing. It wouldn't be bad to see UWGB or Butler. Would be a fun atmosphere.
What exactly is a loge seat?
Sorry, I missed your joke, ;)

The loge are the light gray on the map. Most loge seats are in the 400's. The Cell is not the BC, there are no nose bleed seats.

http://uwmpanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wiml/genrel/auto_pdf/TheCell_Diagram_09
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:42:29 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:38 AM »
Yeah, to me the Cell is the Lambeau of bball stadiums. Not comparing awesomeness, but just in that any seat in the stadium is pretty good and you always feel part of the action. The best is the players basically walk through the lobby to get to the court.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »
I know some of you have been asking how you can get tickets for the game. Two ways are a mini-plan or group tickets. The mini-plans come out later this month, but here is some info on the group plan.
Purchase 100 loge tickets for the MU game and 100 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $1,500
Purchase 75 loge tickets for the MU game and 75 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $1,125
Purchase 50 loge tickets for the MU game and 50 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $750
**** That's $7.50 per ticket**** :D
http://uwmpanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wiml/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/groups1011

So, who wants to buy a block of 50 or 100 for $7.50 each and sell them off to us Warrior fans at $15.00?  Then you will have all of your second throw-in game tickets for free, which you could sell off for a couple bucks...and we get a block of MU fans all together in the place. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »
So, who wants to buy a block of 50 or 100 for $7.50 each and sell them off to us Warrior fans at $15.00?  Then you will have all of your second throw-in game tickets for free, which you could sell off for a couple bucks...and we get a block of MU fans all together in the place. 

I was thinking the same thing.

It would actually be pretty cool if one of MU's student organizations could pull this off.

Buy up 400-500 ticket packages. Sell the MU game to MU kids for around $10.

Dump the rest of the tickets on stubhub, which probably wouldn't yield much, but could make them break even.

Actually, maybe MUSG could do something like this. Not sure UWM would go for it, but let's face it, they probably aren't going to turn down selling $7,500 in tickets.

Maybe go through back channels so UWM doesn't know it's MUSG buying up all of these seats.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:21 AM »
As much as it pains me to say this, I don't think you'd be able to sell 50-100 tickets to students, let alone 400-500, because it's Thanksgiving weekend. The fans here may take this as sacrilege, but I'm just telling you how it is. Thanksgiving weekend is the one weekend when nobody, and I mean nobody stays on campus.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
As much as it pains me to say this, I don't think you'd be able to sell 50-100 tickets to students, let alone 400-500, because it's Thanksgiving weekend. The fans here may take this as sacrilege, but I'm just telling you how it is. Thanksgiving weekend is the one weekend when nobody, and I mean nobody stays on campus.

Ah ha.

Touche. I didn't even think about the holiday/calender.

You're probably right... which is too bad because that probably means a lot of UWM kids won't be at the game either. Granted, a lot of them are from the area, but I'd imagine it still won't be as packed as it could be.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
Besides Thanksgiving weekend, it really isn't that big of a deal anymore. Last year's ticket was extremely cheap. Wasn't even close to what an extra conference game student ticket would cost. Although, the sheer fact of going to an "away" game would make it more awesome.

Do they sell alcohol?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 01:19:52 PM »

Do they sell alcohol?
Yes, they do sell beer!!! ;D ;D
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 01:21:31 PM »
Ah ha.

Touche. I didn't even think about the holiday/calender.

You're probably right... which is too bad because that probably means a lot of UWM kids won't be at the game either. Granted, a lot of them are from the area, but I'd imagine it still won't be as packed as it could be.
This game is on a Saturday Night, this will be a sell out. (UWM hosting Marquette for the first time ever.)
-Bill Walton

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »
This game is on a Saturday Night, this will be a sell out. (UWM hosting Marquette for the first time ever.)
You could be right but looking at attendance last year:
Centenary - 14,093
UW-M  ;) -14,244
ND -18,942

This may be offset by UWM only holding 11K, but then again you don't have thousands of season tickets being sold either.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
This may be offset by UWM only holding 11K, but then again you don't have thousands of season tickets being sold either.

It's gonna take at least 6,000 MU fans to sell that place out. Doable, but I'm not sure it's a lock.

As fun as it will be to watch MU win at the Arena again, I wish that series would be over with.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »
It's gonna take at least 6,000 MU fans to sell that place out. Doable, but I'm not sure it's a lock.

As fun as it will be to watch MU win at the Arena again, I wish that series would be over with.
Yeah, I think it will be a gameday sell-out but tickets will be pretty cheap on the street leading up to it.

I was a huge fan when they announced it, but it really wore off the appeal. Once every 3 to 5 years would keep a decent rivalry and give enough time in between for teams to really banter on who is better.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 02:14:08 PM »
You could be right but looking at attendance last year:
Centenary - 14,093
UW-M  ;) -14,244
ND -18,942

Last year's UWM at MU game was during the week and it was snowing out.

The Cell seats about 10,700 for basketball.
-Bill Walton

Goatherder

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 02:29:51 PM »

Worse than snowing, there was a blizzard.  Travel was extremely difficult.  that was the paid attendance.  Actual attendance was much less.  However, the previous year, UWM drew a couple hundred more than Centenary.  The numbers say that this game is no big deal, except to a handful of UWM fans.  They will likely draw well for this year because it is their first home game against Marquette, but typically, they have a hard time selling out for anybody.  They just do not have much of a fan base. 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

Not trying to be a d*ck, but in the past 3 seasons, what has UWM's highest attendance been? (I honestly have no idea, and attempted to look it up, but couldn't find it quickly)

Will having MU there really draw another 3K fans?

Going from 7K to 10K is a big jump.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Not trying to be a d*ck, but in the past 3 seasons, what has UWM's highest attendance been? (I honestly have no idea, and attempted to look it up, but couldn't find it quickly)

Here's the info-

09-10 Butler 5012
08-09 UWGB 5146
07-08 UW 10017, next highest- UWGB 5410
06-07 UWGB 6190

If I remember right, the UW game was a weeknight.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

I would think the 7k to 10 k would be the MU fans.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
Here's the info-

09-10 Butler 5012
08-09 UWGB 5146
06-07 UWGB 6190

UW was on a weeknight and UWM didn't sell single game tickets untill 48 hours before that game.

-Bill Walton

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »

Sat. Nov. 22, 2008 - 15,168
How many of those were season ticket holders? I really have no idea but between student tickets and alumni I would think 11k+.

Not saying the game won't sell out, but I just don't think it would be a tough ticket to get.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
Sat. Nov. 22, 2008 - 15,168
How many of those were season ticket holders? I really have no idea but between student tickets and alumni I would think 11k+.

Not saying the game won't sell out, but I just don't think it would be a tough ticket to get.
I'm with you 100%.

The only thing that might be tough is that UWM is not selling single game tickets for that game, just like MU is not selling single game tickets for the Badger game.

-Bill Walton

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »
I'm with you 100%.

The only thing that might be tough is that UWM is not selling single game tickets for that game, just like MU is not selling single game tickets for the Badger game.

Yeah, and I may actually try to get some old friends of mine to start up a count for 50 tickets. May be the cheapest way.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
Here's the info-

09-10 Butler 5012
08-09 UWGB 5146
06-07 UWGB 6190

Ahh. Nice grab. I couldn't find it.

Being on a Saturday night will help, but it's Saturday of thanksgiving weekend, so who knows.

I can't pretend to know everything about Panther hoops, but I'm skeptical that this game will be a guaranteed sell out.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
Yeah, and I may actually try to get some old friends of mine to start up a count for 50 tickets. May be the cheapest way.
UWM has a 5 game mini plan that is coming out later this month. Unless something has change it cost $50 for 5 different games. If you are a college basketball fan other than MU fan, that might be a deal for you as well. I did that when the Panthers hosted Wisconsin in 2007 than the next year I bought season-tickets and still do today.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Ahh. Nice grab. I couldn't find it.

Being on a Saturday night will help, but it's Saturday of thanksgiving weekend, so who knows.

I can't pretend to know everything about Panther hoops, but I'm skeptical that this game will be a guaranteed sell out.

It should be a sell out, but ya I would not guaranteed it. The Bucks that night are at the Bradley Center as well. Plus,  Badger football host Northwestern that day.
-Bill Walton

feedback