[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU vs UWM  (Read 24483 times)

PBRme

• All American
MU vs UWM
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
When does UWM put the MU game up for sale for single game tix at the Mecca?  Do they have a ticket office or is it ticketmaster?
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

MUDagwood

• Walk-On
Re: MU vs UWM
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:03:46 AM »
will this be a day game due to bucks hosting a night game across the street?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
will this be a day game due to bucks hosting a night game across the street?
Not necessarily true.  This is the year MU plays @ UW-M across the street at the old Arena ( The "Cell" ).  But, it would make sense for an afternoon game so as not to compete with the Bucks.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »
UWM's turnout has been incredibly crappy ever since we reinstated this game.  It would be a lot more fun if the UWM kids got into it as much as the Marquette kids.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:05:58 AM by KipsBayEagle »

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »
Not necessarily true.  This is the year MU plays @ UW-M across the street at the old Arena ( The "Cell" ).  But, it would make sense for an afternoon game so as not to compete with the Bucks.

Did you even read what he wrote?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »
I'd be shocked if they actually put this on as a single game. They'll package it with 3 or 4 other ones to try and keep the MU turnout down.

A week before, when there's 4000 tickets left, they'll throw it open to the public.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 10:58:47 AM »
From what I have heard, UWM SEASON tix run for roughly $100-$200.  Don't know the validity of it, but if that's the case, I'd throw down to get good seats for this game. 

I understand most of us here aren't worried about this game, but I don't count my chickens.  That being said, the more MU faithful in the seats the better.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »
Did you even read what he wrote?
Huh...? 

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 12:37:45 PM »
 ?-(

whats a street?
and how could something be across it?

LON

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
Huh...? 

I think I understood what you were saying:

The Bucks (and perhaps UWM) don't want to have two events going on right next to each other so neither are competing with the other for attendance, parking, spots at Turner's, etc.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
I think I understood what you were saying:

The Bucks (and perhaps UWM) don't want to have two events going on right next to each other so neither are competing with the other for attendance, parking, spots at Turner's, etc.

Yah...

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
As a Milwaukee Panthers season-ticket holder, by the way it not UW-M, you want to go to the game you must buy a 5 game pack for $50. Details on the other four teams will come out in September. Single game tickets won't go on sale for the MU-UWM game untill 48 hours before the game. That is what they did in 2007 when UWM hosted Wisconsin.

Look for the game to be played at night. UWM 9 out of 10 times plays night games.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
As a Milwaukee Panthers season-ticket holder, by the way it not UW-M, you want to go to the game you must buy a 5 game pack for $50. Details on the other four teams will come out in September. Single game tickets won't go on sale for the MU-UWM game untill 48 hours before the game. That is what they did in 2007 when UWM hosted Wisconsin.

Look for the game to be played at night. UWM 9 out of 10 times plays night games.
By the way, it still is UWM as per the school's website:  www.uwm.edu  Don't confuse us with athletic department marketing for differentiation.  Until the school changes its name to Milwaukee University (or whatever), its still UWM.  No one around town calls the school Milwaukee unless they follow the basketball team (and thats a precious few ).  I have relatives and friend's relatives who attend UWM and they all refer to it as UWM.  Now if you can get the state to chuck you folks out of the state system and the school's name is officially changed to Milwaukee ( ala what happened when Mephis State officially became Memphis ), I'll buy into the "Milwaukee Panthers".  In the meantime, its UWM Panthers. ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:13:46 PM by Nukem2 »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
By the way, it still is UWM as per the school's website:  www.uwm.edu  Don't confuse us with athletic department marketing for differentiation.  Until the school changes its name to Milwaukee University (or whatever), its still UWM.  No one around town calls the school Milwaukee unless they follow the basketball team (and thats a precious few ).  I have relatives and friend's relatives who attend UWM and they all refer to it as UWM.  Now if you can get the state to chuck you folks out of the state system and the school's name is officially changed to Milwaukee ( ala what happened when Mephis State officially became Memphis ), I'll buy into the "Milwaukee Panthers".  In the meantime, its UWM Panthers. ;)
Read what I said again. I'm fine with UWM, what is with UW-M

Note-It's a 7pm game MU @ UWM
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »

Does UWM have a program where unused tickets are donated to charity?  If so, I could probably use another tax deduction.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
Read what I said again. I'm fine with UWM, what is with UW-M

Note-It's a 7pm game MU @ UWM
Actually, Madison is the "dash" school:  www.wisc.edu.  sorry about the mixup.  :D  Although, the UW system website does refer to UW-Milwaukee:  www.wisconsin.edu/campuses/  8-)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:04:13 PM by Nukem2 »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »
Actually, Madison is the "dash" school:  www.wisc.edu.  sorry about the mixup.  :D  Although, the UW system website does refer to UW-Milwaukee:  www.wisconsin.edu/campuses/  8-)
I'm being picky here, so don't mind me. I don't mind UW-Milwaukee, UWM or Milwaukee, I don't understand when it's written UW-M.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
I know some of you have been asking how you can get tickets for the game. Two ways are a mini-plan or group tickets. The mini-plans come out later this month, but here is some info on the group plan.

Purchase 100 loge tickets for the MU game and 100 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $1,500

Purchase 75 loge tickets for the MU game and 75 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $1,125

Purchase 50 loge tickets for the MU game and 50 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $750

**** That's $7.50 per ticket**** :D

http://uwmpanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wiml/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/groups1011
-Bill Walton

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »
You could opt for the UWGB game and cheer on Wardle.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:46 PM »
I know some of you have been asking how you can get tickets for the game. Two ways are a mini-plan or group tickets. The mini-plans come out later this month, but here is some info on the group plan.

Purchase 100 loge tickets for the MU game and 100 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $1,500

Purchase 75 loge tickets for the MU game and 75 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $1,125

Purchase 50 loge tickets for the MU game and 50 loge tickets to another Panther home game for $750

**** That's $7.50 per ticket**** :D

http://uwmpanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wiml/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/groups1011
Don't you mean $15 per legit ticket?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »
I fully expect to pay less than $10 on the street before the game.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »
Don't you mean $15 per legit ticket?
NO, $7.50
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »
You could opt for the UWGB game and cheer on Wardle.
UWGB is a good one. Northern Iowa, Butler or Detroit.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
I fully expect to pay less than $10 on the street before the game.
Good Luck on a Saturday night, but I see why not.
-Bill Walton

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
NO, $7.50

Yeah, just messing. It wouldn't be bad to see UWGB or Butler. Would be a fun atmosphere.
What exactly is a loge seat?

feedback