collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Where will LeBron go without a 2010 NBA Championship?

Cleveland
New York
Chicago
Other

Author Topic: If Cavs drop out...?  (Read 27870 times)

wojosdojo

• All American
If Cavs drop out...?
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »
I know we've been talking about where Dwyane might be going next year, but what about LeBron? I personally hope Doc pulls out this series to see LeBron on the hot seat (and in Chicago), not to mention D Wade with the only ring of James and Anthony ;). Now, I wouldn't be shocked if the Cavs win game six and then game seven, yet I wouldn't be shocked if the Celtics win with the way they're playing. But, if the cavs drop out what are the options for the ringless King? Cleveland? NY? Chicago?

Of those three I think for some reason he stays in Cleveland (with Wade staying too). The only other place I can see him playing is NY with the money they have as well as the city (+Yankees). Chicago on the other hand is a long, long, long shot. You hear is here and there so I just thought I'd add it to the list.   

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
Re: If Cavs drop out...?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »
Another possibility I have heard...Lebron and DWade in Miami.  Miami has enough $ to sign DWade and another player each to max contracts, so that shouldn't be the issue.  It might be smart of them to take minor pay cuts so they can get a couple other decent players there, but who knows. As big fans of both of them, I don't really want this to happen, as it would just seem a bit unfair, but that would sure be an entertaining team to watch.

Yesterday I would have told you CLE would be the leader for Lebron, but with the way he played last night I am having doubts that his heart is there. He really has no 2nd option on that team-its just a bunch of 3rd and 4th options. NBA teams NEVER win without 2 really really good players. If I had to guess, I'd say he goes to NY or CHI. NY's roster makes no sense for Lebron, but you know he loves the market.

I'd love him to sign a 1yr deal, then sign with the Bucks next year when we get rid of Redd and Gadzuric's contracts. I know he'd never do it, but if you just look at rosters and not city, the Bucks' roster makes more sense than anybody. Hed slot in perfectly with this team.

crosscheck

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »
Why does everyone think that he is going to Chicago?

With out some SIGNIFICANT off season moves, Chicago wont offer any better of an opportunity to win a championship then Cleveland and he is already making the league max.

I am not sure where he is going to go but Chicago doesn't seem to make sense.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »

With out some SIGNIFICANT off season moves, Chicago wont offer any better of an opportunity to win a championship then Cleveland and he is already making the league max.

I am not sure where he is going to go but Chicago doesn't seem to make sense.

I actually think Chicago's roster makes a lot of sense for Lebron.  If you take him of CLE's roster and compare it to CHI's, CHI is way better.  CLE is full of has beens and role players-what will that roster look like in 2 years?? Not a pretty picture. No way they wouldve made the playoffs without Lebron, but CHI was in it this year. Derrick Rose is a superstar in the making, but would be a great fit to play with Lebron because he doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. Joakim Noah is also developing into a really good player. Add in solid guys like Luol Deng and Taj Gibson, and thats an up-and-coming roster. Lebron would make them a beast.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »
Apparently someone very close to LeBron's inner circle is saying that Chicago would be his top choice besides Cleveland.  Rumors rumors...

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »
I actually think Chicago's roster makes a lot of sense for Lebron.  If you take him of CLE's roster and compare it to CHI's, CHI is way better.  CLE is full of has beens and role players-what will that roster look like in 2 years?? Not a pretty picture. No way they wouldve made the playoffs without Lebron, but CHI was in it this year. Derrick Rose is a superstar in the making, but would be a great fit to play with Lebron because he doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. Joakim Noah is also developing into a really good player. Add in solid guys like Luol Deng and Taj Gibson, and thats an up-and-coming roster. Lebron would make them a beast.

Chicago would be perfect based off the players there.  They would need a few more cheap players then.  Get a defensive shooting guard (Matthews) and a sharpshooter (Novak) and that is a title contender if Noah and Gibson keep developing, and Brad Miller comes back for cheap.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 06:25:46 PM »
Clippers
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
I don't think Labron is smart enough to win a championship right now.  I thought the same thing of Kobe (post-Shaq), and then you could see it click with him, just as it did with Jordan.  My guess is Kobe wins another one this year.  I would also guess that Labron will privately feel like the reason he can't win is because he's in Cleveland, so he'll leave.  I also feel like he needs to draw attention to himself whenver possible, and will want a big market to do it in.  There is bad blood between Labron and Chicago because of his childish (still one of the weirdest things I've seen a grown man do) dancing while on the bench during a Cleveland/Chicago game.  I'm sure that's not a huge issue, but it's there.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »
Derrick Rose is better than anyone on the Cav's roster.  The Cavs are saddled with bad contracts...Jamison, Williams, Shaq...and they don't have the cap room to sign a significant start.

I actually think that the Bulls aren't hiring a coach yet because they'll hire whomever Lebron wants...if it means they get Lebron.  So Calipari is not out of the question IMO.  A starting line-up of Lebron, Bosh, Noah and Rose is a good one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
Derrick Rose is better than anyone on the Cav's roster.  The Cavs are saddled with bad contracts...Jamison, Williams, Shaq...and they don't have the cap room to sign a significant start.

I actually think that the Bulls aren't hiring a coach yet because they'll hire whomever Lebron wants...if it means they get Lebron.  So Calipari is not out of the question IMO.  A starting line-up of Lebron, Bosh, Noah and Rose is a good one.

The Bulls don't have space for two max contracts.

Rose, Gibson, Lebron & Noah is still contending for the championship every year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
I think it goes like this in order of possibility:
1) Cleveland (hometown hero, can make the most money here)
2) New York (huge market, he clearly loves the city, would be a terrible basketball move, regardless of who else they sign)
3) Miami (him and Wade together...more likely Wade and Bosh together)
4) Chicago (big city and great player in Rose beside him, but I just don't see how they're really that much better than the Cavs...the Cavs would be a playoff team with Williams, Jamison, Varejo, Ilgauskus, and Shaq if they didn't have Lebron (plus you add a roll player in his absence)

But I think the sleeper is the Clippers.  Rasual Butler isn't a bad roll player.  Baron Davis is a proven player (I think he'd be able to share the ball if Lebron was on his team).  I think Gooden is a free agent (?) but if not he's good for 11 and 7 every night which is very solid.  Eric Gordon is really good.  Chris Kaman is quietly one of the better centers in the league.  And Blake Griffin COULD become a star (he has the body and game to become one, but it is still to be determined obviously).

I believe they have the cap room to do it.  Plus it's HOLLYWOOD.  And everyone knows Lebron loves the spotlight.

A starting lineup of:
- PG Baron Davis
- SG Eric Gordon
- SF Lebron James
- PF Blake Griffin
- C Chris Kaman
With Butler and Gooden (if he's not a free agent) being the first two off the bench is REALLY good.  With Kobe getting up there in basketball years (a 31 year old with 13 years of experience is much different than a 31 year old with 9 years of experience), Lebron would have the opportunity to steal the spotlight that is Hollywood from Kobe and turn a perennial bottom feeder into a championship contender.  The only downside of this is that the Clippers play in the Western Conference, where every night is a grind, compared to the JV that is the Eastern Conference.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
Why would Lebron ever go to chicago? We must have a lot of chicago landers with their bull colored glasses on.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
Why would Lebron ever go to chicago? We must have a lot of chicago landers with their bull colored glasses on.

World Wide Wes.

Calipari and Lebron are a real possibility

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »

Rose, Gibson, Lebron & Noah is still contending for the championship every year.

I thought dumping the Salmons contract gave them enough for two?

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »

The Bulls need to trade Kirk Hinrich to have space for two max contracts.  This all speculation but word on the street among NBA insiders is that Lebron will go to Chicago if he leaves Cleveland.  IMO, Lebron stays in Cleveland and DW3 stays in Miami (his alleged indiscretions wouldn't play well in his hometown).  I think the Bulls move Kirk and end up with Joe Johnson and either Bosh or Boozer.  Those two players plus Rose and Noah put the Bulls near the top of the East.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »

These are the same FIBS that are saying Wade to the Bulls. A blind squirrel is bound to find a nut eventually.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 02:24:45 AM »

The rumors last year were NY, the rumors this year are Chicago. He has done minor things to talk up Chicago this year as he did with NY last year. He has said that he loves the city and couldn't see why someone wouldnt wanna play there. Also, although minor, his emphasis on retiring Jordan's #23 could be a sign. If Lebron comes to Chicago, it will be a huge deal that he changes from 23 to 6. Lastly, he is the last player that would need the "extra money" his home team could offer him. This kid is gonna be filthy rich reguardless, and I would guess he doesnt wanna go down as the best player to never win. It would be noble of him to stay home and make his home team a Champion, but he probably thought he could do it this year and might be demoralized with their lack of ability to help him make it happen (although I personally think the bigger burden falls on him because I'd say the Cavs have the pieces this year)

I would still rather see Wade come back home, but I'm sure people in Wisconsin are petrified of the thought of Lebron in Chicago (FIBS!), as it could mean yet another Dynasty (him and rose alone with a bunch of role players).

That said, John Paxson may be the biggest schmuck in all of pro sports. That guy drives me crazy- he has had so many top 10-15 picks that it makes me sick to think about (Brand, Artest, Fizer, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Jay Williams, Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Sefolosha) and continues to make terrible moves... (there was that time a few yrs back he wouldn't pull the trigger on Kobe because he didnt wanna give up Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, blah blah blah)... He received a Godsend in the form of the lottery for Rose, and they have done a decent job creating the cap space for this summer. However, if he doesn't land Lebron or Wade, or a combination of Bosh and Johnson, he is a complete failure in my eyes.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:33 AM »
The Bulls are going to get an All-star level Free-agent.  Boozer, James, Bosh, Wade, Amare, Johnson.  One i coming.

Now, is Paxson gonna get a good role play point guard in Tavis Diener who can be a nice change of pace from Rose and knock down shots at a high percentage.

Will Paxson get a solid defensive SG like Wes Matthews who can knock down shots next to Rose like he did with Williams?

Will Paxson get a sharpshooter who cannot miss when Rose pairs up with another all star?  I think Steve Novak fits that bill.

Will Paxson (or Gar Foreman) pick a winner in the second round?  Lazar Hayward might be available.

Let's get some of these MU guys closer to campus so that they can attend fundraiser events.  That is very key to a private school's success.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:11 AM »
The Bulls need to trade Kirk Hinrich to have space for two max contracts.  This all speculation but word on the street among NBA insiders is that Lebron will go to Chicago if he leaves Cleveland.  IMO, Lebron stays in Cleveland and DW3 stays in Miami (his alleged indiscretions wouldn't play well in his hometown).  I think the Bulls move Kirk and end up with Joe Johnson and either Bosh or Boozer.  Those two players plus Rose and Noah put the Bulls near the top of the East.

If anyone gives either Boozer or Johnson max contracts, they will regret that within a year.  If you watched their teams get swept out of the playoffs, you'll see that neither is at that level.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 07:58:01 AM »
My vote is Jersey.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »
Whether the Bulls sign Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Boozer or Amare, they'll still need to sign a shooter. It could be a relatively cheap option like Novak or a more established guy like Kyle Korver or even a vet like Ray Allen (who has a couple Playoff runs left in him).

I actually think LeBron will stay in Cleveland, Bosh will join Wade in Miami and Joe Johnson will sign with the Bulls...who will then be stuck trying to unload his ridiculous contract in 2013.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »

If anyone gives either Boozer or Johnson max contracts, they will regret that within a year.  If you watched their teams get swept out of the playoffs, you'll see that neither is at that level.

QFT!

Also, I agree, Lebron to Jersey (Brooklyn).

I have serious doubts that Lebron would end up in Chicago.  In fact I'd consider eating my shoe if he did.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »

Agreed. However, whatever team is left scrambling after the FA fallout will be paying big. I'd rather wait for a shot at Carmello than JJ or Boozer.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »
Agreed. However, whatever team is left scrambling after the FA fallout will be paying big. I'd rather wait for a shot at Carmello than JJ or Boozer.
I'd take Durant over Carmello

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 10:17:51 AM »
I'd take Durant over Carmello

I would have included Durant, but I don't think he's going anywhere.