[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz in LA Monday  (Read 18789 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Buzz in LA Monday
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:40:13 AM »
Buzz was very candid at the event in LA.

We are going to have a few more signings and he said some of the current players signed will not be coming in. Very interesting comments as to why he has signed so many guys with the intention some will not enroll. buzz went on to say the guys know who they are and it is not a suprise.

He also said Roseboro left because his dad is seriously ill. He was not run off, contrary to reports.

JB was singed sight unseen by Buzz. That was something I was not aware of. He was touted by his coach and Buzz signed him.

He addressed the Big 10 issue. If Rutgers go, who cares. If Rutgers and a few opthes go it will have a negative impact on MU. The BE has been very good financially to MU. There are so many scenarios it is hard to quantify until it happens.

Recruiting is a dirty business. VERY few programs are on the up and up.

Buzz talked and took questions for over 90 minutes and then stayed after to chat with folks. Solid turnout in LA.

Buzz said campus visits are totally overrated and add almost no value. 48 hours anywhere will not convince a kid to go anywhere. Interesting take.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Buzz in LA Monday
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
Wow.

After sitting on this for a bit, I have further thoughts:

1) "some" of the current players signed -- wonder if that's one or two or three? Also, honesty alone doesn't make it right.

2) I call bullshiznit on Roseboro. You wouldn't get one ounce of bad PR if this was case, no matter when the prospect left. And, when his coach was ripping MU he didn't mention one word of a sick father. And, St. Bonnie's isn't exactly close to Quakertown. In fact, it's a pain in the ass to travel between. Perhaps the father has become ill in the meantime.

3) Interesting on Butler as some had claimed that Buzz certainly knew who he was having seen Fulce play. We knew Butler didn't visit campus but its news to learn Buzz had never seen him play.

4) He's right on the Big East.

5) He's also right about recruiting but interesting nonetheless he brought it up publicly -- especially in light of the word traveling around with the Dawson recruitment.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:01:04 PM by The Golden Avalanche »

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »
Buzz was very candid at the event in LA.

We are going to have a few more signings and he said some of the current players signed will not be coming in. Very interesting comments as to why he has signed so many guys with the intention some will not enroll. buzz went on to say the guys know who they are and it is not a suprise.

He also said Roseboro left because his dad is seriously ill. He was not run off, contrary to reports.

JB was singed sight unseen by Buzz. That was something I was not aware of. He was touted by his coach and Buzz signed him.

He addressed the Big 10 issue. If Rutgers go, who cares. If Rutgers and a few opthes go it will have a negative impact on MU. The BE has been very good financially to MU. There are so many scenarios it is hard to quantify until it happens.

Recruiting is a dirty business. VERY few programs are on the up and up.

Buzz talked and took questions for over 90 minutes and then stayed after to chat with folks. Solid turnout in LA.

Buzz said campus visits are totally overrated and add almost no value. 48 hours anywhere will not convince a kid to go anywhere. Interesting take.

This is sung to a very different tune than the other post.  One says he refused to comment on any of this, the other has him spilling his guts out.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
always record....always record...

I'd like to hear all that from the horses mouth

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »
Ah, I hope I'm wrong, but anyone else getting an upset stomach thinking about the unmentioned signee who won't be coming? I hope it's red or white, and not -------!
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 10:24:58 AM »
Ah, I hope I'm wrong, but anyone else getting an upset stomach thinking about the unmentioned signee who won't be coming? I hope it's red or white, and not -------!
If it's Blue, their playing it offly close to the chest.  You would think someone would have grabbed a hold of that info by now.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »
Yeah seriously?  Two threads about the same event with two completely different takes?

Im thinking something in between the perception in the two threads i true, but why cant Buzz just focus on 2011. Im really happy with our class and cant imagine getting any recruit stronger than what we already have, except for maybe Noreen.

This is getting kind of ridiculous, there better be some good reasons why some of these wont be at Marquette next year. I still have all the trust in Buzz, but is any other school doing this..at least as talking as openly and obviously about it? Im starting to think this is a sick ploy by Buzz to keep us all on edge and obsessed with Marquette basketball over the summer.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
IF Buzz really said MU is going to sign a "few" (3?) more players and that "some" (3-4?) of the 5 originally signed aren't coming that's quite a scoop.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »

Not worried at all. Blue has been at MU just about every weekend since the season ended. If he wasn't coming, I doubt he'd be here that much.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »
IF Buzz really said MU is going to sign a "few" (3?) more players and that "some" (3-4?) of the 5 originally signed aren't coming that's quite a scoop.
It has not happened yet--but if there is more than 1 not coming, and it has noithing to do with academics, then I would say there better be a lot of questions asked of the staff, and plenty of straight forward answers.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »

FWIW

Based on his "Tweets" he is coming, and arriving to campus in July.  

I can't believe I just used twitter as a reference for info, I feel so young and hip.  He has also been chatting with others about when they are arriving.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »

Blue is the one I would be most shocked at as he is always seen around MU hanging out with Jimmy Butler and other players. Jamail Jones is the one I am most scared of losing. But then again, weren't all four incoming freshmen on campus a few weeks ago? If they sign say 2 more, the best option we have is that Gardner and Smith/Newbill go to prep school for some reason and that Mbao transfers (all options I dont want, bu the best way not to lose any).

I dont like speculation but if Gardner was still waiting for his scores the day he signed and the some of the Smith rumors are somewhat true then this at least makes partially some sense. I still dont like it. Although a 2011 class of a more mature Gardener and Smith would be a good start and maybe Buzz can go all out to fill the final slot with Branden Dawson (pleasssseee!!)
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »

This may be a silly question, but who is JB?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »
This may be a silly question, but who is JB?

James Butler, of course.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 11:41:54 AM »
Yeah seriously?  Two threads about the same event with two completely different takes?

I'm really starting to worry about the value of An MU education as many here have a serious reading comprehension problem.  Both threads are covering different topics.

In the thread "In Buzz I trust" Muole talked about how inspirational Buzz was when he talked.  He wrote about how impressed he was and how he was a good guy.  Nothing of substance regarding recruiting was noted.

In that thread I asked if Buzz was asked about over-signing.  This brought out the brilliant posters like Sultan saying that Buzz would never answer a question like this and it was stupid to even ask the question.

Then in this thread 79 Warrior says Buzz did answer all the questions I wanted him to ask and Sultan was wrong.

This brought out more with read comprehension problems like Hards_Alumni who apparently did not read anything that has been written here and assumed I was dead wrong even though I repeated what 79 said.

So their is not conflict between the two threads, they cover different subjects.  Buzz answered my question here with what 79 Warrior wrote:

We are going to have a few more signings and he said some of the current players signed will not be coming in.

Because of the read comprehension problems let me restate this ... according to Buzz (as 79 wrote it) more than one signed Freshman is not coming.  Note the (s) at the end of "Current players"  It was not singular suggesting more than one.

Rumors have been that Reggie Smith was going to prep school.  It sounds like another might also be going to prep school.

Funny what you learn when you actually read and comprehend what is written.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:44:34 AM by AnotherMU84 »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »
(removed to save space)
This brought out more with read comprehension problems like Hards_Alumni who apparently did not read anything that has been written here and assumed I was dead wrong even though I repeated what 79 said.

(removed to save space)
Funny what you learn when you actually read and comprehend what is written.

I assumed Hards was talking to 79warrior when he said "uhmm... did you read his post?" (and the post in reference was yours)

But maybe my reading comprehension skills are underdeveloped.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:50:12 AM by MU_B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »
Screw the speculation.  What was his phone# and email address?  Let's call him!

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 12:04:25 PM »

Buzz is clearly an idiot...what is his phone number so MUHOOPS1 can call him and tell him how devastating the loss of Rutgers will be.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »
It's impossible to say if Rutgers leaving would be devistating or not until everything plays out. 

It could be a huge loss if they were replaced by a crappier school or no school at all.  It also could be a huge gain if they could be replaced by a Boston College or Maryland.

There's no way of knowing until all of the dominos fall.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »

I assumed Hards was talking to 79warrior when he said "uhmm... did you read his post?" (and the post in reference was yours)

But maybe my reading comprehension skills are underdeveloped.

spot on.

It's okay, the mighty AnotherMU84 need not practice what he doth preach.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »

It is not Blue. Blue was the first guy Buzz mentioned headlining the incoming class.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
This is sung to a very different tune than the other post.  One says he refused to comment on any of this, the other has him spilling his guts out.

Well, I was there and he did comment. I have not clue who this opther dude was you are referring to but he must have had earplugs.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »
Jones and Blue both seem pretty happy to be coming here. Using facebook as someone used twitter Jamil will be here pretty soon. I believe May 23rd according to a recent fb post. Vander is the same way. The top 2 guys right there I am not worried about. Jae Crowder is an interesting one. He definitely is stressing about his finals and grades. Looking at some FB statuses tho his grades are going well. Top 3 guys are gonna be here come next year

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »
Def not Blue, Crowder, or Jones... All have been active in recent days on FB and Twitter about how pumped they are to be coming to MU, and how they're counting the days...

Blue: "They show me alot of love here so I show it back Loviin MU n really can get use to this...."

Crowder: "** TO ALL MY [MU] FANS ILL BE IN [MIL TOWN] NEXT FRIDAY.. WORKOUTS IN THE A.M @ 6.. LOVE THE SORE FEELING AFTER YOU GET DONE WORKING OUT!! FOLLOW ME @ CJC32BOSS @ TWITTER **"

Jones: "countdown is still going!! 17 days left till milwaukee.."

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 01:58:04 PM »
Def not Blue, Crowder, or Jones... All have been active in recent days on FB and Twitter about how pumped they are to be coming to MU, and how they're counting the days...

Blue: "They show me alot of love here so I show it back Loviin MU n really can get use to this...."

Crowder: "** TO ALL MY [MU] FANS ILL BE IN [MIL TOWN] NEXT FRIDAY.. WORKOUTS IN THE A.M @ 6.. LOVE THE SORE FEELING AFTER YOU GET DONE WORKING OUT!! FOLLOW ME @ CJC32BOSS @ TWITTER **"

Jones: "countdown is still going!! 17 days left till milwaukee.."

+1