'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon comments from a HS game tonight  (Read 18353 times)

Warrior of Law

• All American
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
Re: Maymon comments from a HS game tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
wow...my initial thought on academics was wrong.  Hopefully this was Jeronne's decision not T.C.'s (his dad's nickname at work for UW).

The one memorial game i don't go to, he shows up.
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:54:54 PM »
From Madison:

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/men/article_eb200906-e9ed-11de-90fc-001cc4c03286.html

The old man is an absolute goof.

He's 10 games into his freshman year and he's pissed?  What...they should take away touches from Hayward and Butler for him?  Cmon....wake up Timmy.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:59:02 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
Shouldn't the kid be taking his finals this week? Sounds like he's blowing everything off. I think Chico said this could screw the team in terms of academic tracking.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »
Apparently, school's going so well he can afford to jet off to Madison in the middle of finals week to catch a game.  ::)

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 09:59:06 PM »
You're absolutely right.  All signs point to an overrated player who is being coddled by his family and friends who are making him believe he's something he's not.  He said "He's not being used the way he needs to be used, so we're moving on." and "They're not trying to run the offense for him."  Who does his dad think he is, John Wall?  If anyone in his family or inner circle cared about Jeronne they would be honest and tell him he's not that good.  Period.  Who knows?  Maybe he could be better but who's going to try to improve when everyone is telling him it's everyone else that's the problem.  It's really sad.  It's called a life lesson and I think Buzz taught it to him.  At least someone was man enough to do it.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:00:41 PM »
Well, certainly can't knock the Maymon family for keeping things on the down low.  ::)

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »

Are you f*cking kidding me?  What a moron.  He's 10 games into his freshman year and he's pissed?  What...they should take away touches from Hayward and Butler for him?  Cmon....wake up and get your head out of your butt Timmy.

Wait, you don't want to piss off Vander or the Memorial coach.  We should probably just thank JM and his pops for the giant dump they just took on our chests.  It's okay, that piece of paper you signed and the commitment you made to your team mates doesn't matter.  Thanks again JM.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »
a special talent?
the pride of his father's eye?
or his meal ticket?

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »
Maymon will go down as MU's "Boobie Miles" a la Friday Night Lights.  At the end of the day, it was probably worth the effort to bring him in, but cutting ties with him was the right thing to do.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 10:03:33 PM »
I really want to know what he honestly expected?? Did he have dreams of stepping on campus and being the next beasley? does he really think he is that good??? WOW
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »
Yep.  I'm done with this.  I know all I need to know about TM and Jeronne.  I hope they both find what they're looking for.
Curious how things go with the presser.  As a condition of the scholarship release, he'll need to commit to an agreement not to speak about Marquette (most likely).  So, I doubt we'll hear much.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 10:05:59 PM »
What the "we" crap all about? Timmy must be joined at the hip with Jeronne.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »
Well, I guess it is frustrating to keep getting his shots knocked back in his face.  Hope he develops a higher release and an actual left handed layup or plays against some way lower competition.

westcoastwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »
Why are we releasing him so fast.....I remember T.C. holding onto Mason's release until T.C. got the word that he passed his classes.  Shouldn't we do the same for J.M.?  At least wait until his final grades are posted.  There is no rush...he has a month...possibly even two months before some schools start their spring semester, so it is not like we are holding up his transfer.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »
If JM wants to be in an offense that runs through him, he better get on the phone with some MAC schools ASAP.

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 10:08:54 PM »
I don't believe it has anything to do with grades.  If you read the article presented at the beginning of this post, Maymon's father contends his grades were fine.  Of course, we will never know.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 10:26:13 PM »
Doesn't he have to have passing grades in order to transfer?  Or can he just sit out the next semester without enrolling anywhere and not have this semester's grades matter?

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 10:32:07 PM »
As a condition of the scholarship release, he'll need to commit to an agreement not to speak about Marquette (most likely).

Let them say whatever they want about MU.   Anything else they say will only make him (Tim) look like a bigger assbag than he already is and will make Jeronne look like a bigger baby than he already is.  MU will come out looking just fine and I imagine the coaches at Madison Memorial will realize what a f-cktard Tim is and it won't hurt the pipeline at all - hell, they've been dealing with him for 4 years already.  They know what kind of a person he is.  Call it sour grapes if you want, this kid is a quitter and his dad is a butthole.  

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:09 PM »
Doesn't he have to have passing grades in order to transfer?  Or can he just sit out the next semester without enrolling anywhere and not have this semester's grades matter?

NIU and Toledo aren't that concerned with grades, so he should be fine.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 10:35:21 PM »
Let them say whatever they want about MU.   Anything else they say will only make him (Tim) look like a bigger assbag than he already is and will make Jeronne look like a bigger baby than he already is.  MU will come out looking just fine and I imagine the coaches at Madison Memorial will realize what a f-cktard Tim is and it won't hurt the pipeline at all - hell, they've been dealing with him for 4 years already.  They know what kind of a person he is.  Call it sour grapes if you want, this kid is a quitter and his dad is a butthole.  

Hey, MUpanties - Don't beat around the bush! Lay it on the line, man. How do you really feel about the Maymoons?

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 10:37:19 PM »
But he's not getting many touches. They're not trying to run the offense for him. They've got him playing center and that ain't what he does. So we just kind of moved on and regrouped for next year."

After seeing this quote, what school in their right mind would want Maymon?

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:38:43 PM »
The Maymons truly believe that basketball is a team sport.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
After seeing this quote, what school in their right mind would want Maymon?

Miami-Dade CC?
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 10:39:45 PM »
Hey, MUpanties - Don't beat around the bush! Lay it on the line, man. How do you really feel about the Maymoons?

Well, other than that the Maymons seem like lovely people and I hope we can be friends.    
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:43:28 PM by MUunderpants »

feedback