Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon comments from a HS game tonight  (Read 18355 times)

MauraDay

• Team Captain
Re: Maymon comments from a HS game tonight
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 06:47:09 AM »
Does Maymon even think for himself or does his dad do the thinking for them both? Sad that he's got the wrong people in his ear and doesn't seem to have an independent mind.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 07:17:05 AM »
10 games into his frosh year...  just seems odd to be leaving already.  We have mis-used Lazar Hayward for 4 years, and he has done it with pride.  10 Games?  Come on Jeronne, your better than that.

Time to move on, no big sweat off of our backs, time to get a win
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

[Mu]EngiNerd

• Starter
  • BS08 MS10
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 07:23:06 AM »
Lets wish the kid best of luck and move on... not the type of player i want at Marquette
One Nerd to Rule them All - Bears - Blackhawks - Bulls - Cubs - Golden Eagles

connie

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 07:44:16 AM »
In hindsight all the signs were there, but it has to be hard to anticipate this level of delusion.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 07:45:57 AM »
I agree with the sentiment that MU is basically better off without him. He may turn out to be a decent player, or he may not, but I can't help but recall the only comment I made about him on these boards this year, and that was essentially that he didn't look very good, and did not appear to have a position.

He was smart enough to realize that he was headed for the back of a fairly long line as far as wing players go, and his opportunity was going to be under the basket. If he is unwilling to try to fill and improve in that roll, the adios muchacho!

I hope he finds what he is looking for.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:16 AM »
Agreed: He does not have a position. He is too slow to play a 3 and too small and soft to play a 4. And now he's a quitter, too. Tough combination of factors.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:27 AM »
  Maybe he gets an offer to Portland State, San Diego, Vermont, some where far away from Tim M. driving distance. 

With a dad like that... i dont think there is such a thing as "far away from Tim M. driving distance." I think  TM stays in JM's dorm room until he can sell his sons future to And1 or some other BS brand in order to buy a middle income house in the madison burbs.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

LON

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »
the persecuted
travel the loneliest roads
white skin handicap

Snarky Haikus, faaaaannnnntastic!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2009, 08:40:59 AM »
I hope the old man saves his son a seat at the Madison Memorial games. Something tells me he'll be sitting right beside him in a couple years, talking about the glory days.

+1
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Wade4Life

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »
Its really sad these days when parents ruin their kids life. I dont want to see maymon fail but i do want to see his dad fail (which will only happen if jeronne fails). When going to a big school why does anyone believe they deserve a starting spot their freshman year? What ever happen to the word EARN. No one earns anything these days, everyone thinks they deserve something. It doesnt matter if its sports, job or just every day life; most people believe they deserve it and dont want or think they need to work for it.

Hopefully this doesnt hurt vander blues chances of coming to MU, but hopefully he will understand that MU gives him the best chance of playing at the next level, better then Wisco or Old Miss or Baylor.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »
From Madison:

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/men/article_eb200906-e9ed-11de-90fc-001cc4c03286.html

The old man is an absolute goof.

Hmmm... couple of things here.

I disagree with the Maymon's take on the situation. I don't think Jeronne is good enough to have the offense run through him as a freshman.

I think Jeronne would have had a very good/great career at MU if he could have stuck it out.

However, with all of this said, Tim Maymon isn't being inflammatory, and if Jeronne is really unhappy, then I'm fine with them moving on. A lot of freshman realize they are unhappy (for a variety of reasons) and decide to transfer.

I'm not saying it's the "right" thing to do in this particular situation, but it happens all of the time, and the Maymon's have to do what they think is best for their son.

I'm disappointed he isn't staying, but I wish him luck in the future.

Case closed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2009, 08:56:35 AM »
Hmmm... couple of things here.

I disagree with the Maymon's take on the situation. I don't think Jeronne is good enough to have the offense run through him as a freshman.

I think Jeronne would have had a very good/great career at MU if he could have stuck it out.

However, with all of this said, Tim Maymon isn't being inflammatory, and if Jeronne is really unhappy, then I'm fine with them moving on. A lot of freshman realize they are unhappy (for a variety of reasons) and decide to transfer.

I'm not saying it's the "right" thing to do in this particular situation, but it happens all of the time, and the Maymon's have to do what they think is best for their son.

I'm disappointed he isn't staying, but I wish him luck in the future.

Case closed.

It's not the fact that he *is* transferring, it is the reason why he is transferring that is so annoying.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »

It's not the fact that he *is* transferring, it is the reason why he is transferring that is so annoying.

Well, I'm not saying I agree with the reason why he's unhappy... but he's transferring because he's not happy.

I had a few guys I knew freshman year transfer to different schools. I love MU, but for whatever reason, they did not.

Obviously its slightly different for a D1 athlete, but at the end of the day, he's unhappy at his current school, so he's going to transfer someplace else.

It's a big deal because it impacts the team, but he's not the first kid to be unhappy and transfer and he's not the last.

Best of luck.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2009, 09:09:04 AM »
Probably not.   ::)

You're probably right... but I hope it's case closed.

I don't know what was promised or told to Jeronne when he was recruited, and I don't know what promises were upheld.

But, I do know that Jeronne (and his family) were unhappy, so Jeronne is moving on.

Same thing happened to the kid out at UCLA, and many people around here immediately wanted to bring him in.

I don't think deciding to transfer is a criminal act. I'm disappointed, I don't understand his logic, but I realize he's not happy, so it's best that he move on.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »
Well, I'm not saying I agree with the reason why he's unhappy... but he's transferring because he's not happy.

I had a few guys I knew freshman year transfer to different schools. I love MU, but for whatever reason, they did not.

But it's the reason behind the unhappiness.  It would be like your friends transferring because they were unhappy that their professors didn't give them all As even though they partied all the time and never went to class.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »
Does Maymon even think for himself or does his dad do the thinking for them both? Sad that he's got the wrong people in his ear and doesn't seem to have an independent mind.

we have been deceived
our future has been threatened
bamboo cannot grow

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

But it's the reason behind the unhappiness.  It would be like your friends transferring because they were unhappy that their professors didn't give them all As even though they partied all the time and never went to class.

First of all, we don't know how hard Maymon was working, so the "partied all of the time and never went to class" part of the analogy isn't fair. From all accounts, he was working hard. Buzz is pretty honest about this stuff, so I have no reason to doubt it.

The rest of your analogy isn't far off, and let's face it, you're right, and it does happen. I had 2 guys on my floor frosh year who immediately started bitching about the theology and philosophy courses they were taking. They hated those classes, and didn't think they should be required. Both transferred before the end of soph. year.

Now, theo and phil. are required classes, and have been for a long time. But, in these 18/19 year old's minds, those classes shouldn't be required and that's why they didn't like MU.

They should have known before they even stepped foot on campus that they would have to take those classes, but for whatever reason, they didn't.

They transferred to another school. It happens.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
WHAT A COMPLETE BUTT HEAD.
where would you go to have an offense run for you UW Stevens Point?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:26 AM »
First of all, we don't know how hard Maymon was working, so the "partied all of the time and never went to class" part of the analogy isn't fair. From all accounts, he was working hard. Buzz is pretty honest about this stuff, so I have no reason to doubt it.

The rest of your analogy isn't far off, and let's face it, you're right, and it does happen. I had 2 guys on my floor frosh year who immediately started bitching about the theology and philosophy courses they were taking. They hated those classes, and didn't think they should be required. Both transferred before the end of soph. year.

Now, theo and phil. are required classes, and have been for a long time. But, in these 18/19 year old's minds, those classes shouldn't be required and that's why they didn't like MU.

They should have known before they even stepped foot on campus that they would have to take those classes, but for whatever reason, they didn't.

They transferred to another school. It happens.

a unique culture
handed down through the ages
father loyola

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »
Who leaves during finals week?  Are 10 games enough for his gravy-training dad to start contacting NBA teams?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2009, 11:10:13 AM »
I feel bad for the kid.  He has a lot of God given talent, but was also blessed with a father that is probably doing more harm than good for him.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
Who leaves during finals week?  Are 10 games enough for his gravy-training dad to start contacting NBA teams?

when the trail is steep
character makes the load light
dignity always

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »
dignity is fine
but is wasted when object
is a lazy fool

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2009, 01:20:40 PM »
The name and relevance of Tim Maymon has the same shelf life as mistress #8 for Tiger Woods.  Adios Loser.

feedback