'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon comments from a HS game tonight  (Read 18354 times)

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: Maymon comments from a HS game tonight
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
the tragedy is
the mistress only hurts self
while father hurts son

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
So is there a PC scheduled for tomorrow?
Should be interesting.

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2009, 03:29:48 PM »
In his radio show, Buzz almost every week says he will put on the floor those guys who give the team the best chance to win. He says that's not a criticism of any player, and he gives updates almost every week how some of the bench players are doing in practice and how well they are doing in putting themselves into position for more playing time.

If what the player's Dad says is true, then I really feel sorry for the kid. Not much sure I care where he and his Dad go to college next. Maybe he should just declare for the NBA?

And, I couldn't be prouder of our coach. We should all thank Buzz for doing what's right for our school, and most importantly for doing what's right for the student-athletes on our team.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:35:26 PM by MARQKC »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2009, 03:36:45 PM »
In his radio show, Buzz almost every week says he will put on the floor those guys who give the team the best chance to win. He says that's not a criticism of any player, and he gives updates almost every week how some of the bench players are doing in practice and how well they are doing in putting themselves into position for more playing time.

If what the player's Dad says is true, then I really feel sorry for the kid. Not much sure I care where he and his Dad go to college next. Maybe he should just declare for the NBA?

And, I couldn't be prouder of our coach. We should all thank Buzz for doing what's right for our school, and most importantly for the student-athletes on on our team.

steadfast, resolute
calm before the tiger's wrath
command performance

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »
We need to let Maymon die out and get on with it.  We have a shortened team of young men with a lot of heart willing to go out short-handed and bust their tails for our entertainment.  Those are the ones deserving our attention.  They have the integrity to live up to their commitment to their teammates.  I completely believe this is the type of player Buzz is looking for.  This is why he is likely saying (under his breath), "Don't let the door hit you in the a$$."

I like to think of Marquette players as ones who play through adversity.  Think of Dominic James coming back in the tournament.  He had to be in pain, but it was for his team.  All the way back to watching Butch Lee play with a sleeve on his leg, for his team.  Most of the MU greats all played though some kind of adversity, and never complained.

This short (in so many ways) team deserves our attention, not the quitters of yesteryear that are now gone.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »
This short (in so many ways) team deserves our attention

standing tall and proud
deficiencies overcome
small fig leafs only

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2009, 03:18:50 AM »
Quoting his dad. The same dad saying "we've" asked for "we" decided......wait didn't he just say he was didn't know about this?

Sounds like the typical case of today where a parent lives for the athletic exploits of their child or children. Unfortunately it happens in nearly all sports and often starts at a young age and continues through that kid's whole youth. I've seen it firsthand.

I have no doubt that Jeronne's father was the driving force in this decision. Hopefully for Jeronne a day will come in his life where he's more able to leave the shadow of his father's desires for him athletically.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »

his father's desires for him athletically.

his father's desires for him athletically financially

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »
his father's desires for him athletically financially

what? no haiku here?
It seems as if you're slipping
Put this to an end

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »
Maymon will go down as MU's "Boobie Miles" a la Friday Night Lights.  At the end of the day, it was probably worth the effort to bring him in, but cutting ties with him was the right thing to do.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at this.  Comparing anything that happens in real life to Friday Night Lights is hilarious.

Was getting Coach Buzz Williams last year like when Coach A left for another team, and unknown Coach B took over the team in Friday Night Lights too?  Was it a cliffhanger at the end of the tv season ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:22:30 PM by Boognish_MU »

Kramerica

• Starter
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »
I'm sorry but I have to laugh at this.  Comparing anything that happens in real life to Friday Night Lights is hilarious.

Boobie Miles is from the Friday Night Lights book and movie.  Which were written about a real life team.  And Boobie Miles is a real person.  Not sure if the comparison to Maymon is accurate, though.

feedback