collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:52:38 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blackhawks  (Read 16313 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Blackhawks
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:17:55 AM »
Wrapped up a fantastic regular season yesterday....love sweeping Detroit over the weekend.  Should be an interesting first round against Calgary...NHL's youngest team vs. a very experienced and tested team.

The UC will be a blast on Thursday night.

Go Hawks!

Coleman

• All American
Re: Blackhawks
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:21:58 PM »
Hockey is about as relevant as soccer

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »
Thanks for your insight. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »

So does that mean hockey is tied for first as the world's most popular sport?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:53:37 PM »
Couldn't be more pumped for the playoffs.  Chicago native stuck in DC here.  I'd love to see both the Hawks and Caps make runs and meet in the finals.

Hawks fan first and foremost, but the Caps are damn fun to watch.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »
Couldn't be more pumped for the playoffs.  Chicago native stuck in DC here.  I'd love to see both the Hawks and Caps make runs and meet in the finals.

Hawks fan first and foremost, but the Caps are damn fun to watch.

The atmosphere at the UC has been incredible this year.  The Caps are a fun team to watch...Ovechkin is ridiculous.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »
The atmosphere at the UC has been incredible this year.  The Caps are a fun team to watch...Ovechkin is ridiculous.

Completely agreed about the UC.  Had a chance to make it to a game when I was home over Christmas break and it was a blast.  Hockey is my favorite sport to attend and it's great to see Chicago going back to it's old Blackhawks-self.  I didn't have the chance to make it to a Caps game this year as nearly all of them sold out.  Hopefully I can grab a playoff ticket somehow.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 03:04:23 PM »
Let me revise....as relevant as soccer in the U.S.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 07:56:49 PM »
Let me revise....as relevant as soccer in the U.S.

Let ME revise.....it's a tough game to understand, granted....especially if you've grown up without an NHL team to cheer for...but in terms of watching a sport in person, few (if any) sports compare to hockey.

If you're comparing the MSL (fyi, that's the pro soccer league in the US) to the NHL in terms of "US relevance"....you may be better off in throwing that Laverne and Shirley box set back in the VCR.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 08:36:52 PM »
I was at the game on easter, one that meant nothing, but it felt like a playoff game playing the red wings.  Its great the Hawks have returned!!!

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »

I feel sorry for you. 

I had season tickets at the Chicago Stadium for 11 years before I moved north.  Nothing compares to those games. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:01:39 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20:36 PM »
Hawks win 3-2 in OT!  Havlat's second goal of the night 12 seconds into OT....love it.

Awesome win.....the UC was jumpin' tonight...amazing atmosphere!

Good to see Cutler out there for the ceremonial puck drop.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I apologize to the people living in the apartment next to me for the constant, screaming "F---s" and "Yeas."  Hopefully they weren't trying to sleep here in DC.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »
NHL playoff hockey beats the crap out of spring baseball or NBA basketball. I had 1st balcony Hawk tix before having 4 kids and it was incredible. MU basketball is my favorite but a good Hawks team is a lot of fun. The UC isn't the same as the old stadium but the BC isn't the Mecca either.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 02:45:44 AM »
I'm not a diehard hockey fan by any stretch, but there are few things more exciting in sports than sudden death playoff hockey. 

Having said that, as a Chicago native, I'm THRILLED to have a reason to pay attention to the NHL again.  That was one hell of a finish by the Blackhawks tonight. 
The General has taken on a new command.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 07:44:01 AM »
I'd rather watch paint dry

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »
Moved out to Boston about 6 years ago, and had similar thoughts to warrior55's comments.  Started going to B's games, and they are incredible.

Sox tickets are way to expensive for the average fan, and Fenway is a dump, Pats tickets are impossible to get, and Celtics atmosphere is weak.  But Bruins games are great.

F!ck the habs!  Let's go Bruins!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Im going to the game tomorrow which is very exciting.  Some where on the radio I thought I heard that when Havlat's OT goal went in yesterday, it was the loudest that the UC has ever been!

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 02:26:26 PM »
When Havlat scored that OT goal, I wonder what the noise level would have been if it was at Old Chicago Stadium? Some people probably would have lost their hearing for a couple of days.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
When Havlat scored that OT goal, I wonder what the noise level would have been if it was at Old Chicago Stadium? Some people probably would have lost their hearing for a couple of days.

I don't know if the building would still have been structurally standing if it were at the old stadium.
The General has taken on a new command.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 03:23:45 PM »
Im going to the game tomorrow which is very exciting.  Some where on the radio I thought I heard that when Havlat's OT goal went in yesterday, it was the loudest that the UC has ever been!

I will be there as well.....Wrigley in the afternoon, the UC tomorrow night....should be a great day!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 12:27:03 AM »
I thought this thread was referring to the slip-up about the Blackhawk HELICOPTER.

Oops.  ;)
SS Marquette

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 09:14:06 AM »
I will be there as well.....Wrigley in the afternoon, the UC tomorrow night....should be a great day!

Should be a good game, I expect the bhulin wall to be hit a couple times since calgary is pissed from leopold knocking ladd into kippursoff

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »
Should be a good game, I expect the bhulin wall to be hit a couple times since calgary is pissed from leopold knocking ladd into kippursoff

You nailed it.  Habi gave up 2 in the first....but absolutely shut them down the rest of the way.  What an incredible second period...Toews is a stud....the UC was rockin last night.

From Ditka dropping the puck to Ryan Dempster's outfit mocking Don Cherry for the 2nd intermission shoot-the-puck contest to sitting 4 seats to the left of Vince Vaughan, it was an awesome night at the UC....especially after being at Wrigley for Ramirez's walkoff in the 11th...great day.

Let's get one at the Saddledome!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »
Huge game at the UC tonight....the place will be jumpin'.  The last two games have been incredible...especially the Game 4 OT win.  Let's close out Vancouver and bring on Detroit!  (if they get by Anaheim)  Awesome experience for the youngest team in hockey!

feedback