[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Blackhawks  (Read 16314 times)

robmufan

• All American
Re: Blackhawks
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
I was at Game 4, now im attending game 6... I would argue that there is no better PRO post season than the NHL playoffs!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »
I'll be there tonight as well....I'll agree the speed and intensity of playoff hockey is tough to rival...sure makes it better when your team is in the thick of it too...finally!

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 01:24:09 PM »
I was at Game 4, now im attending game 6... I would argue that there is no better PRO post season than the NHL playoffs!

HDTV makes the NHL such a better TV sport.  Probably improves viewing pleasure more than most other sports.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »
HDTV makes the NHL such a better TV sport.  Probably improves viewing pleasure more than most other sports.

NHL looks the best in HD.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »
Detroit will get by Anaheim.   Be careful what you wish for.    Wings in 5.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »
NHL looks the best in HD.

Totally agree.  No other sport compares.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »
Totally agree.  No other sport compares.

Disagree. Curling looks amazing.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »

I agree that the Wings will get by Anaheim....and by no means would I expect the Hawks to get past them in the next round...it would be a big upset.  Honestly, if the Hawks can get by Vancouver, anything past that point would be gravy...and great experience for this team to build on.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »
Nothing compares to Hockey live!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
Nothing compares to Hockey live!

Nothing compares to OT Playoff Hockey Live!!

Detroit will get by Anaheim.   Be careful what you wish for.    Wings in 5.

I believe you are taking the Wings in 6 as they played game 5 last night

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Nothing compares to OT Playoff Hockey Live!!

I believe you are taking the Wings in 6 as they played game 5 last night

I'm guessing that's his prediction against the Hawks in the next round.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 02:28:14 PM »

I'll be at the Ducks game tomorrow hoping you are wrong.  We have given the Wings fits in the playoffs the last 2 series.....winning both series (including capturing the Cup two years ago).  Obviously we're an 8th seed so it's going to be tough, but if we win tomorrow then anything goes in a game 7 on Thursday.

Go Ducks!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »
I'll be at the Ducks game tomorrow hoping you are wrong.  We have given the Wings fits in the playoffs the last 2 series.....winning both series (including capturing the Cup two years ago).  Obviously we're an 8th seed so it's going to be tough, but if we win tomorrow then anything goes in a game 7 on Thursday.

Go Ducks!

I saw a stat somewhere that DET is out shotting Anaheim by almost more than 100 goals.  D has to get better if the Ducks have any chance. 

Chicos, how do you like James Wisnewski?  Was a big fan of his and actually pissed we traded him for the junker Pauhlsen (sp?)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »
I saw a stat somewhere that DET is out shotting Anaheim by almost more than 100 goals.  D has to get better if the Ducks have any chance. 

Chicos, how do you like James Wisnewski?  Was a big fan of his and actually pissed we traded him for the junker Pauhlsen (sp?)

In our 11 games in the two series (San Jose and Detroit), we have been outshot in every game.  It's been crazy.  Totally relying on Hiller to save the day which eventually is a problem (shown up the last two games).  I knew yesterday we had no shot.  No energy, no emotion for the most part.  Need to get on top quickly tomorrow and hope to ride it through.  If we get down early, I suspect that will be it as I don't know if they have the legs to keep it going.  Pronger and Niedemeyer are playing too many minutes.

I like Wisnewski a lot.  The injury to him in game three I thought really hurt us in game 4 (DNP) and somewhat yesterday.  He's a load and a tough SOB.  Taking an injury like that is going to make him timid for awhile I would guess.

By the way, as someone stated, there is nothing better than in person NHL playoff hockey. Nothing.  I'm fortunate as hell to get NHL tix from the league.  I sat in front of Willie O'Ree for Thursday's game last week.  He's the Jackie Robinson of the NHL.  Unbelievable tix....I'm spoiled.

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
Go Hawks!
It's great to walk around on the streets and see people with the Indian head on their chest again. By the way, best jersey in sports...all time.  Just ask wayne or garth!

I can't say enough about Quenneville this year; he brought some much needed experience and confidence to a young team.  Savard just wasn't capable of bringing that in prior years. 

I'll say a few hail mary's and our father's for the Ducks...but don't count on Jesus intervening duckfans.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »
Hiller has been impressive.  If he is anything less than stellar, Detroit wins.  Too many weapons, any line can score, relentless pressure.  Almost like the borg.   Resistance is futile. And yes, I was predicting the Wings beat the Hawks in 5.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »
Incredible game tonight.  Jeremy Piven's got the magic words for the next 2 weeks (hopefully)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1BFfTf8MNE

The General has taken on a new command.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »
Wow!  Absolutely incredible last night....easily one of the best sporting events I've ever attended in person.   The UC was absolutely up for grabs....that third period was amazing....6 goals scored....4 by the good guys.  Anyone who watched that game and thinks playoff hockey is not entertaining has to have the head examined.  Kane's breakaway to seal the game was ridiculous.

Also fun to see Jake Peavy cheering on the Hawks....along with Soto, Rothschild, etc.

A Wings/Hawks Western Conference Finals series would be unreal.

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »
Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Never thought the hawks could be a finesse team...well done dale talon!
Patrick Kane is amazing...this guy can be one of the best players in the league.
Hawks - Red Wings...Awesome, awesome, awesome.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »
Wow!  Absolutely incredible last night....easily one of the best sporting events I've ever attended in person.   The UC was absolutely up for grabs....that third period was amazing....6 goals scored....4 by the good guys.  Anyone who watched that game and thinks playoff hockey is not entertaining has to have the head examined.  Kane's breakaway to seal the game was ridiculous.

Also fun to see Jake Peavy cheering on the Hawks....along with Soto, Rothschild, etc.

A Wings/Hawks Western Conference Finals series would be unreal.

I couldn't believe what I had saw on my way home from the UC last night.  There are some good articles up on ESPN about how Q and bunch had to go to hand signals at the end because the crowd was so loud.

When Bufuglyn laid out to knock that puck out of the zone, and the place went nuts...i don't think i have stopped smiling!  Hell of a series! 

Best part of the night was watching Luongo sit under the net making sure not to get hit by any hats or rally towels!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »
I couldn't believe what I had saw on my way home from the UC last night.  There are some good articles up on ESPN about how Q and bunch had to go to hand signals at the end because the crowd was so loud.

When Bufuglyn laid out to knock that puck out of the zone, and the place went nuts...i don't think i have stopped smiling!  Hell of a series! 

Best part of the night was watching Luongo sit under the net making sure not to get hit by any hats or rally towels!

That play by Byfuglien was awesome....I will not forgot the atmosphere for a long, long time.

Best part of the night for me was watching Luongo cry in the postgame presser.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »
How about one of the Cannucks saying before this game that Hattrick Kane couldn't play 5 on 5 hockey.

I think they just blew him off last night!  His first goal he walked in from the blue line and let a wrister go!  Then the wrap around of a Turnover created by Burrish I believe. 

Kane has quick hands, and he used them last night

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
I read people use the term upside often...well Patrick Kane has some serious upside...I'm not sure if he understand how good he can be.

The canucks were fools to talk that way...Kane is just a kid. His 1st and 3rd goals were total skill...only a handful of NHL players could have replicated those sequences.

The hawks flourish in windshield wiper hockey...back and forth...canucks should have slowed the pace (as in game 4 I beleive).

TJ

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 02:27:32 PM »
Awesome is the best word for it.  That Vancouver series was fun to watch; it seemed like the Hawks played 4-5 different teams with the different approaches Vancouver was taking to each game.

Last night was amazing.  What a roller coaster: 
Down 1-0  ::).  Up 3-1  ;D.  Down 4-3   >:(.  Tied  8-).  Down   :(.  Tied  8-).  Up :D.  Up 2 ;D.  WIN  :P :D ;) ;D 8-).

Couldn't believe some of those amazing goals, particularly by Kane and Daniel Sedin.  The Burish goal was an incredible shot.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:29:07 PM by TJ »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »
Just wait, it gets a lot better if you can go all the way.  The video sucks, but this is what I took at the Ducks Senators Stanley Cup clincher two years ago.  What a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9kT-OMsew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq1IQ0miCXA