[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gtown fans  (Read 13286 times)

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
Re: Gtown fans
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
Oh Jimmy Nas...

They made it to the first TV timeout... and I was able to salvage one of them.

I think the record for quickest hook goes to notkirkcameron. His sign, utilizing the Cincinnati C as the first letter in "Criminals" lasted all of 22 seconds.

If  you look at the Cincy "C" the cat paws look like 6 6 6.  Need we say more?
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
Fans at Marquette games make up the words "You Suck!" to the "Hey!" song and point at the opposing players' famalies.  I don't have a problem with it, but the glass houses in this thread are incredible.

i usually substitute with "Marquette" or else i point ambivalently.... seriously though, those #*$&ing depaul fans behind us in 426 had it coming!!!

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »
We are just like all of these schools you have described.  We have obnoxious young fans that like to taunt the other team and their fans.  If you have gone to enough road games you have run into enough opposing fans to piss someone off.  They can say the exact same thing about bus loads of our fans.  See the Depaul game this Tuesday for many examples.

Which year was it when the MU fan punched Chet Coppock?  Great example of an awesome MU fan.

yeah i can vouch for that; i am sure many of you are cubs-fearing/loathing MU fans . . . as a Cubs fan it really sucks when the home fans are so disrespectful to the away fans at Miller Park ... sometimes it gets scary.

Also, in line w/ Pepperoni 8, i definitely have felt embarrassed to hear any chants of "F" the Irish/any other team while waiting outside in line for the BC.  Talk about classless.  That was certainly not one of the finer student section moments :/

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
Haha here is some UCONN cockiness on Hoops:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=415&f=2850&t=3876221

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »
This Marquette fan isn't making a good impression of us on the Louisville forums.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2764&t=3876173

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2009, 12:34:51 AM »
Oh Jimmy Nas...

They made it to the first TV timeout... and I was able to salvage one of them.

I think the record for quickest hook goes to notkirkcameron. His sign, utilizing the Cincinnati C as the first letter in "Criminals" lasted all of 22 seconds.

I remember that sign from a couple years back. Still the best sign I've witnessed at an MU game.

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »

yeah i can vouch for that; i am sure many of you are cubs-fearing/loathing MU fans . . . as a Cubs fan it really sucks when the home fans are so disrespectful to the away fans at Miller Park ... sometimes it gets scary.

Also, in line w/ Pepperoni 8, i definitely have felt embarrassed to hear any chants of "F" the Irish/any other team while waiting outside in line for the BC.  Talk about classless.  That was certainly not one of the finer student section moments :/

Please don't open up the Cubs/Brewers debate. It will overtake this entire board. Thank you.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2009, 08:05:01 AM »
I remember that sign from a couple years back. Still the best sign I've witnessed at an MU game.

My favorite was against either SLU or DePaul (either Travis' brother or cousin)

"It's not the size of your Diener, it's how you use it"

mucrew08

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:18 AM »
Personally I don't care what other fans think of us. I have been to many away games, including UW, and i fully expect to get yelled at, taunted, and made fun of. Its part of college basketball. We keep things pretty classy in our section about 99% of the time its all clean (of course there are times when its not but we are college students). Example was the UWM game when one of their fans called security on us 4 times, but they couldn't do anything because we weren't doing anything wrong.

bballjones98

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »
i think marquette is vastly underrated...whenever i talk to people about college bball, i find myself constantly reminding them about us

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »
My favorite was against either SLU or DePaul (either Travis' brother or cousin)

"It's not the size of your Diener, it's how you use it"

i think it was DePaul (against Drake)

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 11:59:10 PM »
Please don't open up the Cubs/Brewers debate. It will overtake this entire board. Thank you.

I don't think I am opening up a debate.  I am sure a Brewers fan who's been to Wrigley would feel similarly.  Both clubs have fans who are less than gentile.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »

Good thing someone snapped a picture before security didn't find it as funny as I did.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

feedback