'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser against Bucks  (Read 25124 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser against Bucks
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2022, 07:58:29 AM »
Pics, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2022, 08:10:07 AM »
Pics, hey?

You'd like that wouldn't you?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2022, 01:09:31 PM »
Lenny, you're on a message board for Marquette basketball. It doesn't get much more "jock sniffer" than that.

Some are fans. Some are fanboys. There’s a difference.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2022, 01:27:15 PM »
Some are fans. Some are fanboys. There’s a difference.
Fangeezer...
Goal is National Championship

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2022, 10:06:36 AM »
Lenny

I was happy that Sultan noted his Walker #84 jersey because I found that to be a more interesting fact than the thread he started on a interesting fact. I have to say, your post sure sounds like a guy that never had an HR department to report to for keefe to tattle to:)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2022, 08:16:45 PM »
It's odd to me that Goose is getting a hard time for professing his admiration of Sam for his time at MU. Sam was a very cerebral player. Rarely made a bone-headed play or took a wild shot. Great help defense despite his physical limitations. He played the game the right way. He was never an alpha type and a great complement to Markus. It's too bad Joey chose MU. I don't fault Sam for sticking with family. The pressure on him to transfer along with Joey must have been tremendous.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2022, 08:26:58 PM »
It's odd to me that Goose is getting a hard time for professing his admiration of Sam for his time at MU. Sam was a very cerebral player. Rarely made a bone-headed play or took a wild shot. Great help defense despite his physical limitations. He played the game the right way. He was never an alpha type and a great complement to Markus. It's too bad Joey chose MU. I don't fault Sam for sticking with family. The pressure on him to transfer along with Joey must have been tremendous.

It’s odd to you that someone finds it weird that a fan likes a guy who transferred out?

And how did he stick with family?  Was he not allowed to play here if Joey left?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2022, 09:00:47 PM »
It’s odd to you that someone finds it weird that a fan likes a guy who transferred out?

And how did he stick with family?  Was he not allowed to play here if Joey left?
Pressure from family to leave backing little bro

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2022, 05:03:37 AM »
Pressure from family to leave backing little bro
That's quite the dysfunctional family. "Son, you are having a great career, but since little bro is fragile, you need to pack up and leave" It's not like Wojo punched Joey.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2022, 07:10:18 AM »
That's quite the dysfunctional family. "Son, you are having a great career, but since little bro is fragile, you need to pack up and leave" It's not like Wojo punched Joey.
Supposedly locker room incident with Markus when Markus called him out, at least that was the rumor.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2022, 07:14:44 AM »
Yes, there were rumors of locker room fisticuffs post Murray State.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2022, 07:34:21 AM »
Spaniel

It is not odd that the usual suspects take the time to challenge my liking of Sam as an MU player. Now, if I had said Theo or Cain were one of my all-time post Al players, that would have created a mess. It is OK to like some players that transfer out, but not all. I can already hear their argument on those transfers being different, but a transfer is a transfer.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 07:47:20 AM by Goose »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2022, 07:58:56 AM »
People really need to get over players that transfer from Marquette*, particularly with the new transfer rules. It is going to happen--a lot. It isn't some personal insult to the university or to you, the fans. The animosity towards them is childish. Even if you weren't enamored of their play on the court, wish them well and move on; or, if you were enamored with their play on the court, wish them well and move on.

* unless, dog forbid, one would transfer to the Bagders
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2022, 08:04:10 AM »
Supposedly locker room incident with Markus when Markus called him out, at least that was the rumor.
Yeah, I heard that Markus called Joey out, after Markus previously went to Sam to have Sam talk to Joey about some inadequacies in effort. Sam gave Markus the  greenlight to talk to Joey. Joey didn't like the conversation, to say the least.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2022, 08:13:46 AM »
Yeah, I heard that Markus called Joey out, after Markus previously went to Sam to have Sam talk to Joey about some inadequacies in effort. Sam gave Markus the  greenlight to talk to Joey. Joey didn't like the conversation, to say the least.

He probably told Joey to quit falling down.  Even the great Tom Izzo couldn’t fix it

https://twitter.com/bobbystompy/status/1496299865105653767?s=21&t=05IcqDfr9f4l4QLFFL-07A
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2022, 09:43:32 AM »
Talk to Pico. He seems to have a big time grudge against White guys from Wisconsin in particular the Hausers. A pox on any body that transfers because according to Pico they are traitors. One wonders why we should entertain any transfers to MU with Pico attitude. Oh yeah....because that is different.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2022, 09:45:42 AM »
It's not like Wojo punched Joey.

He shoulda! Al punched guys in the face, and the Warriors became national champs!

People really need to get over players that transfer from Marquette, particularly with the new transfer rules. It is going to happen--a lot.

Agreed. I have absolutely no problem with guys transferring; as you said, that's the landscape, and I actually have been in favor of looser transfer rules.

I do have a problem with those who ruin a promising season before leaving town, and whose selfishness and/or immaturity played a role in the program suffering long-term damage.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2022, 09:45:48 AM »
Yes, there were rumors of locker room fisticuffs post Murray State.
All the more reason to show Wojo-Dukiet did not handle Hausergate properly. He had all his chips on Markus.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2022, 09:49:39 AM »
Talk to Pico. He seems to have a big time grudge against White guys from Wisconsin in particular the Hausers. A pox on any body that transfers because according to Pico they are traitors. One wonders why we should entertain any transfers to MU with Pico attitude. Oh yeah....because that is different.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2022, 09:59:05 AM »
Spaniel

It is not odd that the usual suspects take the time to challenge my liking of Sam as an MU player. Now, if I had said Theo or Cain were one of my all-time post Al players, that would have created a mess. It is OK to like some players that transfer out, but not all. I can already hear their argument on those transfers being different, but a transfer is a transfer.

For the record, I liked both Sam and Theo. Both gave it their all during their time at MU. I agree that we need to get used to seeing exponentially more transfers going forward. Just like I never begrudged a valued employee who left for perceived greener pastures, I take the same perspective for MU players.

But there's always exceptions to every rule, so as to Joey...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2022, 09:59:43 AM »
All the more reason to show Wojo-Dukiet did not handle Hausergate properly. He had all his chips on Markus.

As he should have.  The Hausers are born losers and program destroyers. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2022, 10:05:41 AM »
Still got him chit canned, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2022, 10:11:29 AM »

Nobody wants hillbillies on campus that are scared of street lights and buildings taller than a barn silo

Goose

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2022, 10:15:22 AM »
Spaniel

I agree. There have been guys leave that I was disappointed in their decision but hoped all of them did well in their life. I was not a Theo guy, by any stretch, and I was very happy how this season turned out for him. That was a hell of an experience for him.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2022, 10:25:57 AM »
Sam had a way with words unlike any other (besides baby bro) had at MU.

feedback