collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2016  (Read 169423 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: MLB 2016
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2016, 09:30:12 PM »
The uniforms worn throughout baseball today for Mother's Day were sweeeeet.

My family went to the Angels game today....uniforms were great....another injury to one of our best players...but the unis were sweet.

Happy to report that though we sat about 15 rows behind the Angels dugout, we survived not being killed or maimed either by foul balls.  As soon as we got there, I sat on the inside, my son next to me, followed by wife, then daughter.  Cell phones in pockets except during warmups between innings.  Good times

tower912

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:27 AM »
Ausmus is a dead man walking as manager of the Tigers.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2016, 10:32:07 AM »
Have you been to comiskey? Place is a trash pool with people throwing beer off the upper decks and trying to start fights.

I'm a huge Cubs fan, but go to between 5-10 Sox games a year.  Never seen anything like this.  It's a beautiful park, (the upper deck could continue to be improved) and a lot of fun for families.  I take my 10, 7, and 4 year-old often.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2016, 02:42:21 PM »
My family went to the Angels game today....uniforms were great....another injury to one of our best players...but the unis were sweet.

Happy to report that though we sat about 15 rows behind the Angels dugout, we survived not being killed or maimed either by foul balls.  As soon as we got there, I sat on the inside, my son next to me, followed by wife, then daughter.  Cell phones in pockets except during warmups between innings.  Good times

We all know how you feel.  You don't need to drive it home on each baseball related post. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:14 PM »
I know the Cubs swept, but to walk Harper 13 times (and a HBP), cmon.  Especially Arrieta.  He is the freaking reigning Cy Young winner.  To be the best, you gotta walk the best, I guess.  Can't see Kershaw doing that.  To me that makes last week's 7-0 all pretty hollow.   ;)

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2016, 02:48:05 PM »
I know the Cubs swept, but to walk Harper 13 times (and a HBP), cmon.  Especially Arrieta.  He is the freaking reigning Cy Young winner.  To be the best, you gotta walk the best, I guess.  Can't see Kershaw doing that.  To me that makes last week's 7-0 all pretty hollow.   ;)

Stinks for the fan, but whatever works...
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »

Lol. Okay.

Hey, everyone, take those wins off the board. They don't count.

I assume you'll discount all other sporting events where teams try and remove the opponent's best player. Offenses in football throwing away from a good corner, double teaming a player in bball, etc.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:28 PM »

Don't blame Arrieta/Maddon. Blame Ryan Zimmerman for not hitting or Dusty Baker for not moving red-hot Daniel Murphy up in the order to hit directly behind Harper. With no one protecting Harper in the line-up, why give him anything to hit?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »

Harper got on base 13 times. The nationals couldn't capitalize. Cubs strategy worked.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2016, 03:08:13 PM »
Lol. Okay.

Hey, everyone, take those wins off the board. They don't count.

I assume you'll discount all other sporting events where teams try and remove the opponent's best player. Offenses in football throwing away from a good corner, double teaming a player in bball, etc.

Wow, a tad sensitive there eh?  I was joking around.  That is what winky face means.  And yes, totally Zimmerman's fault.  And Dusty's.  Why isn't Murphy hitting behind Harper?  If I am Mike Rizzo, this series told me I need to find a bat in a hurry. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
Harper got on base 13 times. The nationals couldn't capitalize. Cubs strategy worked.

14, they drilled him to go along with the 13 BBs. 

brandx

« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »
Wow, a tad sensitive there eh?  I was joking around.  That is what winky face means.  And yes, totally Zimmerman's fault.  And Dusty's.  Why isn't Murphy hitting behind Harper?  If I am Mike Rizzo, this series told me I need to find a bat in a hurry.

Completely agree. If there is any manger in baseball where you can say that the game left him behind, it is Dusty. You have all of this talent in Washington and now, for the second year in a row, probably the worst manager in MLB to guide them.

A no-brainer to put Murphy behind Harper for now. Move Harper to the 2nd spot and Murphy to 3rd. You also get some extra ABs for both guys that way. Instead, Dusty puts 4 guys with OBPs under .300 in the top 6 spots

Currently, their #1 and #2 hitters have OBPs of .260 and .290. Move Rendon down until he starts hitting.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2016, 04:29:46 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »
My god, that comment section. It's worse then scoop after a Depaul lose.

It's the type of site where this tweet....

"Jim Bowden
ESPN Senior Writer

Possible Trade targets for Cubs between now and deadline could be dominated by left fielders with Kyle Schwarber injured and Jorge Soler not hitting. Options could include: Carlos Gonzalez, Jay Bruce, Nick Markakis, Ryan Braun and Josh Reddick."

..turns into this headline:

"Chicago Cubs Interested in Ryan Braun"

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »
I'll take that fat Schwarber kid for Braun.  Straight up.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »
I'll take that fat Schwarber kid for Braun.  Straight up.

I'll take 2 game balls and a pack of Big League Chew while giving them Braun and $10M.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »
I'll take 2 game balls and a pack of Big League Chew while giving them Braun and $10M.

Not sure why the Cubs would want him.  I wouldn't think they'd want a guy on a long term deal.  They still have Schwarber, Heyward, Soler, Baez and Bryant that could be OF options.  And those are only the guys on the major league roster. Obviously, I am probably wrong. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:47:35 PM by buckchuckler »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »

I sat in similar seats for a Brewers game recently. I'm usually in the upper deck so may have been more on edge than a normal person who sits there. Our group was diligent watching any RH batters , but I definitely wouldn't have minded a screen there. I was wondering if I would be quick enough to react to a screamer at our section.

To each their own I guess. Plus, there were fans not paying as close attention as we were. Honestly, a screen probably would have improved my fan experience.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2016, 08:54:05 AM »
Not sure why the Cubs would want him.  I wouldn't think they'd want a guy on a long term deal.  They still have Schwarber, Heyward, Soler, Baez and Bryant that could be OF options.  And those are only the guys on the major league roster. Obviously, I am probably wrong.

You're not wrong.  The Cubs don't want Braun, (or any OF who is owed $76M from 2017-2021).

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »
80% of the starting rotation out, some for at least a year.  Best fielding short stop, out for 3 months.   Awesome first month of the season. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2016, 10:31:51 AM »
80% of the starting rotation out, some for at least a year.  Best fielding short stop, out for 3 months.   Awesome first month of the season.

And their biggest problem is they don't hit or score runs.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »
It's the type of site where this tweet....

"Jim Bowden
ESPN Senior Writer

Possible Trade targets for Cubs between now and deadline could be dominated by left fielders with Kyle Schwarber injured and Jorge Soler not hitting. Options could include: Carlos Gonzalez, Jay Bruce, Nick Markakis, Ryan Braun and Josh Reddick."

..turns into this headline:

"Chicago Cubs Interested in Ryan Braun"

Exactly. The Brew Crew Ball article was asinine. The Cubs would be much more likely to go after Reddick (drafted by Theo on '06 and in final year of deal) than Braun and his remaining $80 mil. On top of that, the Cubs aren't going to give any prospects to a division rival in the midst of rebuild.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2016, 11:13:13 AM »
http://www.brewcrewball.com/2016/5/9/11638968/milwaukee-brewers-trade-rumors-chicago-cubs-interested-in-ryan-braun

Sweet Jesus please make this happen.

Jesus suiting up for the Cubs is just as likely as the Cubs trading for Braun. 

feedback