* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 99058 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #450 on: August 11, 2022, 09:06:40 AM »
Reservation Dogs on FX / HULU is fantastic.

First season was great. 1st 3 episodes is S2 have been even better.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:51 AM »
Reservation Dogs on FX / HULU is fantastic.

First season was great. 1st 3 episodes is S2 have been even better.

Oh damn ... forgot it was back! Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to watching it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #452 on: August 11, 2022, 11:16:09 PM »
Bodies Bodies Bodies was definitely a fun, funny and well paced take on the slasher type genre.

A24 is always worth the watch.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2022, 11:21:45 PM »
I burned through the three seasons of Future Man on Hulu.    It's .. fun.  Lots of damn funny lines.    Probably more of a guy show.

Only 24 minute episodes, so they go quick.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2022, 12:22:10 PM »
One more episode of Alba on Netflix to go (unfortunately, it isn't about Jessica...). A dubbed Spanish show, it's pretty riveting and dark. After watching it, my wife and I are planning a vacation to Alicante, where it takes place. Absolutely beautiful.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2022, 10:47:49 PM »
Black Bird on Apple+ is excellent. Stand out perfomances all around.  Taron Edgerton and Paul Walter Hauser put on a dueling master class.  Both are just unreal, talented actors really starting to hit their stride in their mid 30s.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:00:37 AM by JWags85 »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #456 on: August 16, 2022, 07:46:56 AM »
Not a surprise but BCS stuck the landing.

Very fitting end. Lot of theories about Sauls potential demise leading up to it, going down Walt style was never really realistic for the character.

Kim was always the key to him

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2022, 08:12:42 AM »

Very fitting end. Lot of theories about Sauls potential demise leading up to it, going down Walt style was never really realistic for the character.

True. It was much easier for him to spend the rest of his life free of conflict with Kim than be free in other ways and have issues with Kim imprison him.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2022, 08:20:49 AM »
Recently began re-watching Homocide: Life on the Street. This was a really good show with a great cast including many of the guest stars.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2022, 08:23:03 AM »

Kim was his governor and he was her vice.  It was such a wild relationship in that regard.  His descent into Saul occurs not after the murder of Howard Hamlin but after she leaves and he doesn’t have to “protect” her anymore like she tells him after he finds out she knew Lalo was still alive.  This season was brilliant and so was the writing.

Jimmy McGill could never make it as Gene Takovic.  Without Kim, he became full blown Saul.  Without Saul and the knowledge Kim wasn’t impressed he got away with it, Gene was a walking time bomb.  In a show that was ultimately about relationships, there’s was the only one with what we could possibly call a happy ending
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2022, 08:34:29 AM »
Watching The Anarchists (HBO), about two episodes in. I’m intrigued by fringe thought, cults, and human psychology, so it ticks those boxes so far. Not sure it will hold up, it sort of oozes the Amway meeting of old.

Supreme Team (SHO), I’m intrigued by 1980s NYC, gangs, societies treatment of Black people, war on drugs, music, and community, so it ticks those boxes.

About to start NYC Point Gods (SHO), well, because I wanted to be Kenny Anderson growing up. Never quite panned out for me.

Also, Roadrunner, the film about Anthony Bourdain is excellent. But, I am an admitted fan, met him at a Harry W Schwartz bookshop back in the day, worked in kitchens most of my life, so it resonated with me.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2022, 08:54:18 AM »
Black Bird on Apple+ is excellent. Stand out perfomances all around.  Taryn Edgerton and Paul Walter Hauser put on a dueling master class.  Both are just unreal, talented actors really starting to hit their stride in their mid 30s.

I saw your post and thought, I recently saw something with Taron Edgerton in it. Then I remembered it was "Sing 2". Sigh, life with a toddler
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »
I saw your post and thought, I recently saw something with Taron Edgerton in it. Then I remembered it was "Sing 2". Sigh, life with a toddler

Funny enough, I was raving about his performance and my wife was like "what else has he been in".  I rattled off a few things and then was like "...he was the Gorilla in Sing 2" and she goes "OHHHH I recognized his voice from somewhere!!!"  ;D ;D  You're not alone and we're childless (at least for another month or so anyways).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:00:22 AM by JWags85 »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2022, 12:41:35 PM »

About to start NYC Point Gods (SHO), well, because I wanted to be Kenny Anderson growing up. Never quite panned out for me.

I really liked that one. The crazy handles some of them display is incredible, it even brought back memories of these shoes

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2022, 05:23:33 PM »

Agree 100%. Jimmy/Saul was a world class rationalizer but the one regret he couldn’t/wouldn’t live with was being a failure in Kim’s eyes.

Amazing show, perfect ending.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #465 on: August 16, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »
BCS was solid. Only regret is not colorizing Marie’s purple in the black and white. That would’ve been hilarious.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #466 on: August 16, 2022, 10:12:38 PM »
PGs & Rico - excellent takes on BCS overall and on Jimmy/Kim in particular.

Thoroughly enjoyable series, though I will say that I did prefer S5 to S6. I thought S5 was one of the best seasons of TV, any series, I've seen. I liked S6, too, just not quite as much.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #467 on: August 17, 2022, 12:09:41 PM »
I really liked that one. The crazy handles some of them display is incredible, it even brought back memories of these shoes
These were awesome

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #468 on: August 17, 2022, 09:45:58 PM »
I know that a lot of people on here hate all things related to Notre Dame, but I thought the new documentary on Netflix about Manti Te’o was pretty good.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #469 on: August 17, 2022, 09:56:55 PM »
I know that a lot of people on here hate all things related to Notre Dame, but I thought the new documentary on Netflix about Manti Te’o was pretty good.

Am just finishing this up and was going to post the same thing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #470 on: August 18, 2022, 12:32:47 PM »
PGs & Rico - excellent takes on BCS overall and on Jimmy/Kim in particular.

Thoroughly enjoyable series, though I will say that I did prefer S5 to S6. I thought S5 was one of the best seasons of TV, any series, I've seen. I liked S6, too, just not quite as much.

S5 was a masterpiece and still loved 6.

The Jimmy/Kim thing was huge and a great way to end it.

If youve seen the Shield(one of the best finales of all time). The finale started off having very similar vibes to how that show ended. Lots of comparisons. Then ended up completely different. A really cool compare/contrast to two finales that worked so damn well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #471 on: August 18, 2022, 02:25:44 PM »
S5 was a masterpiece and still loved 6.

The Jimmy/Kim thing was huge and a great way to end it.

If youve seen the Shield(one of the best finales of all time). The finale started off having very similar vibes to how that show ended. Lots of comparisons. Then ended up completely different. A really cool compare/contrast to two finales that worked so damn well.

Good call on The Shield, another great show with a great ending. My all-time favorite series finale was Six Feet Under's. Mary Tyler Moore's was a classic, too. I'm sure I'm forgetting numerous others.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #472 on: August 18, 2022, 03:23:38 PM »

I watched the first episode last night. I still have no idea how he allowed himself to get sucked into a scam like that.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #473 on: August 18, 2022, 03:54:52 PM »
Recently began re-watching Homocide: Life on the Street. This was a really good show with a great cast including many of the guest stars.

Yes it is. An all time great show that many didn't see before "The Wire,"

Where are you watching it? (streaming has been difficult to get)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #474 on: August 18, 2022, 06:06:36 PM »
Yes it is. An all time great show that many didn't see before "The Wire,"

Where are you watching it? (streaming has been difficult to get)

HBO Max for sure and I’m pretty sure it’s free on Amazon.