[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 91073 times)

drewm88

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #425 on: August 04, 2022, 10:18:34 AM »
I'm a few weeks/few pages behind the Scoop chatter on this, but I adored The Bear. Was indifferent about watching it but my wife was interested, and I got hooked fast. Performances were outstanding, especially Carmen.

And because I know folks are dying to hear my other opinions:

Stranger Things - Fine. Better than the previous season. Eddie was great. It was annoying to have the characters in 4 different locations throughout the season. I wish they had wrapped it up, but I'm sure watch the last season when it comes out to see how it ends.

Peaky Blinders - Good. A dip from the early season quality but still better than most shows. Obviously Tommy drives the show, but Arthur, Ada, and Lizzie are fascinating characters as well. The more of them the better.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #426 on: August 04, 2022, 11:24:58 AM »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2022, 11:54:36 AM »
I just finished watching Bosch:Legacy on Amazon Freevue. Still the same old Bosch from the original series. The Ads on Freevue are only a minute long, though an occasional one my be two; but that's it so they really don't interfere with the flow of the show. So if your a fan check it out you won't be disappointed. You can binge the entire ten episodes and another season just started filming so the cliffhanger at the end won't leave you hanging.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2022, 01:01:37 PM »
Season 1 of Tehran was pretty good. Not quite sold on season 3 of For all Mankind.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2022, 01:32:29 PM »
Its almost a year old now, but I've just about finished Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror on Netflix.  Its definitely worth your time, though I can't help but think that it suffers a little bit from not knowing what it wants to be.  The value of the series is 95% in the interviews with US and Afghan officials.  Those are incredible.  But I generally think it could have left out a lot of the interviews with regular folks that are designed to provide context of public attitudes.  But I get that it also wants to set a bit of historical record and context on that front.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2022, 01:51:39 PM »
Finally was able to see Top Gun: Maverick over the weekend.  The wife and I loved it.  A fun movie and I thought the script was very good.  Great way to work Val Kilmer in. 

Even like the Tom Cruise introduction thanking fans for waiting so long for the sequel and was positive they would be happy with the results.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2022, 02:22:06 PM »
Finally was able to see Top Gun: Maverick over the weekend.  The wife and I loved it.  A fun movie and I thought the script was very good.  Great way to work Val Kilmer in. 

Even like the Tom Cruise introduction thanking fans for waiting so long for the sequel and was positive they would be happy with the results.

If you play his intro backwards, its actually an ad for Scientology's aggressive expansion into the UK

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2022, 09:50:39 PM »
One episode left in the BB universe.

Saul in big big trouble.

What a ride its been.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #433 on: August 08, 2022, 10:35:40 PM »

Saw it yesterday, very good.  I can see watching it again some day.

I was also pleased .. the movie has been out for 2 months but the theater was 90% full.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2022, 04:54:48 AM »
Saw it yesterday, very good.  I can see watching it again some day.

I was also pleased .. the movie has been out for 2 months but the theater was 90% full.

Ditto for my theater, 90% full.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #435 on: August 09, 2022, 12:14:55 PM »

That didn't happen when I went to see the movie.  Maybe because it was in Imax?
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2022, 06:10:14 PM »
The new Predator prequel, Prey on Hulu lives up to the hype.  Balls awesome

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2022, 07:15:17 PM »
That didn't happen when I went to see the movie.  Maybe because it was in Imax?

I saw on a regular screen so maybe?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2022, 09:09:36 PM »
The new Predator prequel, Prey on Hulu lives up to the hype.  Balls awesome
Yeah, I enjoyed it. For some reason I decided to watch Predator 2 after.  That movie was just awful and did not hold up at all.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2022, 09:13:01 PM »
One episode left in the BB universe.

Saul in big big trouble.

What a ride its been.
Hard to believe there’s only one left. An unbelievable show.  Hope they do it as well as BB with the finale.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2022, 10:41:46 PM »
BCS chat:

The first Gene episode, I was like, "Huh?" Then I watched a couple of episode-recap shows on YouTube and they helped frame it within the context of the entire series. That also helped me a lot with the second Gene episode, which was very good. And last night's was just freakin' outstanding. Loved Jesse's longish cameo.

Again, Rhea Seehorn was awesome, Carol Burnett was wonderful ... and while we're handing out plaudits, some really great work by the guy who attended Marquette for a year. That episode covered a lot of ground, and did so perfectly.

Great series, bittersweetly looking forward to the finale.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #441 on: August 10, 2022, 12:41:08 AM »

One thing from that intro .. Cruise looked surprisingly old, wrinkly.

Not surprised he filmed it, but surprised he'd be OK with footage of him looking every bit of his 60 years.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #442 on: August 10, 2022, 08:17:44 AM »
Yeah, I enjoyed it. For some reason I decided to watch Predator 2 after.  That movie was just awful and did not hold up at all.

I could not possibly agree more with these comments. The wife and I really enjoyed Prey. Amber Midthunder was excellent and I would probably rate it second to only the original. We went back and watched Predator, enjoyed it, then watched Predator 2 for the pistol connection and it was terrible. We tried to get through Predator 2 three times before giving up. Not good at all.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #443 on: August 10, 2022, 08:32:32 AM »
BCS chat:

The first Gene episode, I was like, "Huh?" Then I watched a couple of episode-recap shows on YouTube and they helped frame it within the context of the entire series. That also helped me a lot with the second Gene episode, which was very good. And last night's was just freakin' outstanding. Loved Jesse's longish cameo.

Again, Rhea Seehorn was awesome, Carol Burnett was wonderful ... and while we're handing out plaudits, some really great work by the guy who attended Marquette for a year. That episode covered a lot of ground, and did so perfectly.

Great series, bittersweetly looking forward to the finale.

Rhea Seehorn does more with her face than most actresses.  You can feel the characters emotions through the looks on her face.  The writers deserve credit for putting her in those moments but she nails it every time.  The scene on the bus was incredible.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2022, 10:01:35 AM »
I could not possibly agree more with these comments. The wife and I really enjoyed Prey. Amber Midthunder was excellent and I would probably rate it second to only the original. We went back and watched Predator, enjoyed it, then watched Predator 2 for the pistol connection and it was terrible. We tried to get through Predator 2 three times before giving up. Not good at all.

Did you watch Predators with Adrien Brody?  I think a solid 3rd in the Predator universe, with the rest being pretty garbage (The Predator, Predator 2 and any of Alien/Predator movies).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2022, 10:14:07 AM »
Rhea Seehorn does more with her face than most actresses.  You can feel the characters emotions through the looks on her face.  The writers deserve credit for putting her in those moments but she nails it every time.  The scene on the bus was incredible.

Immediately after that scene, I turned to my wife and said: "Emmy. Period."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2022, 10:39:45 AM »
Immediately after that scene, I turned to my wife and said: "Emmy. Period."

I haven't seen the most recent episode yet, so I can't comment on that. But like everyone else, I've wanted Seehorn to win an Emmy for a long time -- she's been outstanding in the role. I hope she wins.

The complicating factor for me is that Julia Garner was so damn good in Ozark. But she already has a couple wins. Seehorn absolutely should get it based upon the body of work in BCS. It's unbelievable that this is her first nomination and it will be a shame if she wraps this role without ever winning. They can give Garner one for Inventing Anna and everyone can be happy.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2022, 12:03:52 PM »
Did you watch Predators with Adrien Brody?  I think a solid 3rd in the Predator universe, with the rest being pretty garbage (The Predator, Predator 2 and any of Alien/Predator movies).

I didn't, we might have to check it out. Looked like a good cast, but it wasn't on my radar when it came out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2022, 02:27:30 PM »
I haven't seen the most recent episode yet, so I can't comment on that. But like everyone else, I've wanted Seehorn to win an Emmy for a long time -- she's been outstanding in the role. I hope she wins.

The complicating factor for me is that Julia Garner was so damn good in Ozark. But she already has a couple wins. Seehorn absolutely should get it based upon the body of work in BCS. It's unbelievable that this is her first nomination and it will be a shame if she wraps this role without ever winning. They can give Garner one for Inventing Anna and everyone can be happy.

Works for me! (And Rhea.)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2022, 11:04:19 PM »
The first several seasons, Rhea’s work was not great. The last two seasons she really found the character.

Big gripe with BCS is their set designer suuuucks at getting the time period correct.

feedback