collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey  (Read 103327 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: alleged sexual assault investigation of 4 on 1 by public saftey
« Reply #350 on: April 02, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »
Geez...so much for the board avoiding naming names.
Why would a defense atty MORE publicly post charges against anyone?
Maybe this is Bizzaro world Jerry Boyle (seinfeld)
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #351 on: April 02, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »
So is the assumption that Jerry Boyle's link is the "assault" which has raised all this stink?  Is that not good news all things considered?
No Finish Line

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »
So is the assumption that Jerry Boyle's link is the "assault" which has raised all this stink?  Is that not good news all things considered?
i don't think so as the date of "the assault" was 10/30/10 and supposedly involved 4 unnamed individuals

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
Re: Vander's Arrest
« Reply #353 on: April 02, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
From what I know these were two separate incidents. The municipal assault was VERY SIMILAR to the post below

Not sure why the crying foul about using his name in the post considering it is a matter of public record on that website...

http://query.municourt.milwaukee.gov/Home.asp

I knew someone at MU who got a charge like this after an early morning altercation at Real Chili (where else?). IIRC, he showed up to court, got his money back and that was that. That said, my friend's altercation took place 10 years ago and the exact details are a little foggy so I'm not swearing by this.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #354 on: April 02, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »
Correct ... these are two separate incidents a week apart last October.

Vander's took place October 24 at 16th/Wells at 1:30AM.

The harassment was October 30 (Halloween party) supposedly at Humphrey.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #355 on: April 02, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
I think it's safe to say that's not really Gerry Boyle - Especially seeing as he spelled the man's name wrong.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
I think Vander just punched someone...Not really a huge deal.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »

Unless you're the other someone. Not the kinda crap you want your university representatives gettin' into.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #358 on: April 02, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
True, but in relation to the topic post and the punishments that could come down from that Vander's act seems pretty minor. This could end very badly. I am very concerned

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
The Assistant DA says that if she decides to press charges, it won't be until mid-May.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/119093059.html

"They must bust in early May, orders from the DA". Maybe she's a Dylan fan.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Vander plead Not Guilty so he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

If he is found guilty on the 19th, what/how does Buzz punish him?  Does he sit an early season game next year?

JerryBoyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
I think it's safe to say that's not really Gerry Boyle - Especially seeing as he spelled the man's name wrong.

I'm not Gerry Boyle.  

So how can a public arrest of a basketball player go seven months with no mention here?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:07:49 PM by JerryBoyle »

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »
I'm not Gerry Boyle.  

So how can a public arrest of a basketball player go seven months with no mention here?

Haymaker? Is that you?
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »

Arrest?  There's no arrest for something you get fined $300 for :P

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
Arrest?  There's no arrest for something you get fined $300 for :P

Then why did a defense attorney enter a plea of not guilty?  Why is it going to trial on April 19h?  Vander is going to wind up paying more for the defense attorney than the fine.

Reason:  He was arrested!  But, you're correct it was for a municipal violation of assault and battery, but an arrest nevertheless.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #365 on: April 02, 2011, 06:56:33 PM »
Then why did a defense attorney enter a plea of not guilty?  Why is it going to trial on April 19h?

He's not "going to trial."  He is making an appearance in front of a municipal judge.  Just like someone who has a speeding ticket has such an option.

And where does it say that he is represented by an attorney?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Vander's Arrest
« Reply #366 on: April 02, 2011, 07:10:15 PM »

Violation Location: 1610 W WELLS ST

Perhaps VB was upset that he wasn't getting his Starbucks fix in the speedy manner befitting a Rivals 5 star?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHPevujqZM

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #367 on: April 02, 2011, 07:28:03 PM »
Then why did a defense attorney enter a plea of not guilty?  Why is it going to trial on April 19h?  Vander is going to wind up paying more for the defense attorney than the fine.

Reason:  He was arrested!  But, you're correct it was for a municipal violation of assault and battery, but an arrest nevertheless.

You don't need an attorney to enter a plea of not guilty.

He was probably issued a ticket rather than being arrested.   Last time I got a speeding ticket I didn't leave my car on 794 and go to lock up in handcuffs.
Marquette University, Spring '08

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
Vander plead Not Guilty so he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

That's not necessarily the case. He'll likely end up paying a fine and it'll go away, but there are some red flags here.  Clearly there were some things hanging over these guys heads this fall, and you have to wonder how that impacted things on the court.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #369 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
Since it seems a matter of debate-- when you are pulled over, you are under the momentary detention of an officer.
When the officer decides you are to be issued a ticket whether for speeding, littering, or shoving someone (possibly, a Muni level assault)... you are under arrest...handcuffs and the back seat of the cruiser, are simply control and transport methods.

Then you sign the ticket---agreeing that: 1-you've received a charging document (ticket), 2-that you've been given a date to appear on this charge (initial appearance); and that 3- you have agreed to appear then, to plead to the charge--guilty/not guilty (under risk of a second further charge--failure to appear);

Your signature is a deal with the cop, who is really saying.... --I charged you, you have a date to respond(appear), and you have agreed to show up ....So....I (the officer) , in exchange,  am agreeing to  release you from this arrest status (on your own recognicance--without a bond) , and I'm now ending your moment of arrest.
Often, they'll even announce that moment by saying, ...thank, you--please drive safely...lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:34:04 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #370 on: April 02, 2011, 08:47:55 PM »
Since it seems a matter of debate-- when you are pulled over, you are under the momentary detention of an officer.
When the officer decides you are to be issued a ticket whether for speeding, littering, or shoving someone (possibly, a Muni level assault)... you are under arrest...handcuffs and the back seat of the cruiser, are simply control and transport methods.

Then you sign the ticket---agreeing that: 1-you've received a charging document (ticket), 2-that you've been given a date to appear on this charge (initial appearance); and that 3- you have agreed to appear then, to plead to the charge--guilty/not guilty (under risk of a second further charge--failure to appear);

Your signature is a deal with the cop, who is really saying.... --I charged you, you have a date to respond(appear), and you have agreed to show up ....So....I (the officer) , in exchange,  am agreeing to  release you from this arrest status (on your own recognicance--without a bond) , and I'm now ending your moment of arrest.
Often, they'll even announce that moment by saying, ...thank, you--please drive safely...lol

So, I have been answering the question of "have you ever been arrested?" incorrectly because I received a speeding ticket?  Am I the only one?   :)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #371 on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »

The arrest of Vander for the altercation is completely separate from the incident at Humphrey Hall.  They happened on different days.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
And where does it say that he is represented by an attorney?

Go to the previous page and read the public record.  It clearly says Vander entered a not guilty plea via a defense attorney.  So he had a hearing and he probably spent a least $1000 on an attorney to enter this plea.

If it's not the big deal you say, why doesn't Vander pay the fine and move on?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »

So, I have been answering the question of "have you ever been arrested?" incorrectly because I received a speeding ticket?  Am I the only one?   :)

Yes, everytime you're handed a ticket, it is technically an arrest.  That's why most employment forms I see say "other than ticketed violations, have you been arrested?"

Vander was arrested (ticketed) for assault and battery, hired an attorney, plead not guilty, and goes before a judge (trial) on April 19.  

Sounds to me this is as serious as sexual harassment (not sexual assault or rape as too many here confuse the charges with).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:05:58 AM by AnotherMU84 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #374 on: April 03, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
That's not necessarily the case. He'll likely end up paying a fine and it'll go away, but there are some red flags here.  Clearly there were some things hanging over these guys heads this fall, and you have to wonder how that impacted things on the court.

Vander Blue is hardly the first - nor will he be the last - Marquette basketball player involved in a fight on or around campus.