collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384463 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1300 on: January 31, 2021, 01:00:50 AM »
People need to stop getting their britches in any kind of bunch when they hear about other folks getting vaccines.  Most of us aren't going to get it for a good long time still -and that's just numbers.  There will be some odd ones - most not famous - but some famous.  Save your pout-rage for something more important.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2021, 06:52:29 AM »
Maybe you should have bothered to read up on what actually happened in this story instead of assuming. 

Here is my opinion.  I don't care who gave the order, be it the Trump or the Biden administration.

Using 40 vaccines on Gitmo detainees is fine by me, and getting outraged over this is dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1302 on: January 31, 2021, 06:56:13 AM »
People need to stop getting their britches in any kind of bunch when they hear about other folks getting vaccines.  Most of us aren't going to get it for a good long time still -and that's just numbers.  There will be some odd ones - most not famous - but some famous.  Save your pout-rage for something more important.

Exactly.  The distribution and administration of the vaccine isn't some big morality play.  Its about keeping people healthy so society can return to normal.

When I am told to get it, I will get it.  If I am asked tomorrow if I want one, I will get one.  If I don't get it until June, that's fine by me.

Not everything needs to be controversial.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1303 on: January 31, 2021, 06:57:41 AM »
Another example of the headlines that should be written about JNJ.

https://twitter.com/virusesimmunity/status/1355149007220310019?s=21

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1304 on: January 31, 2021, 07:04:46 AM »
Here is my opinion.  I don't care who gave the order, be it the Trump or the Biden administration.

Using 40 vaccines on Gitmo detainees is fine by me, and getting outraged over this is dumb.

Where have I shown outrage over this?  I presented facts to counter pbi’s crap filled post of lies. I said the optics look bad.  If you, Rocky, and I’mClearlyBiased count that as “outrage”, you’re the ones who can’t handle or defend the b.s. debunked, and instead of moving on, more crap is made up about “outrage” to distract from the truths. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1305 on: January 31, 2021, 07:26:50 AM »
Outraged about 40 shots that never happened but not about the 20 million promised yet not delivered in December or the lies about doses in reserve.
Who’s spinning?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1306 on: January 31, 2021, 07:44:58 AM »
6 people were in the right place at the right time during a snowstorm in Oregon and were able to get Covid vaccinations that would have otherwise gone to waste - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-health-workers-administer-vaccines-snowstorm-stranded-motorists-n1256054

• All American
« Reply #1307 on: January 31, 2021, 07:51:21 AM »
Where have I shown outrage over this?  I presented facts to counter pbi’s crap filled post of lies. I said the optics look bad.  If you, Rocky, and I’mClearlyBiased count that as “outrage”, you’re the ones who can’t handle or defend the b.s. debunked, and instead of moving on, more crap is made up about “outrage” to distract from the truths. 

Sorry, I didn't mean you expressed outrage.  I meant the outrage in general about this, which seeped into Scoop by people like rocket and 4ever.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1308 on: January 31, 2021, 08:29:00 AM »

Sorry, I didn't mean you expressed outrage.  I meant the outrage in general about this, which seeped into Scoop by people like rocket and 4ever.

Same for me.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1309 on: January 31, 2021, 09:11:58 AM »
Exactly.  The distribution and administration of the vaccine isn't some big morality play.  Its about keeping people healthy so society can return to normal.

When I am told to get it, I will get it.  If I am asked tomorrow if I want one, I will get one.  If I don't get it until June, that's fine by me.

Not everything needs to be controversial.

This. So much this.

More science, less politics.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:13:32 AM by GooooMarquette »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1310 on: January 31, 2021, 09:17:16 AM »
Some things.
  There is no way a mass vaccination is going to go off without a hitch.  Or someone feeling like someone else cut in line.

To even come close requires great planning, preparation and coordination.

There is a supply issue right now.

If it wasn't Guantanamo, it would be something else.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1311 on: January 31, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »
Aside from the issue that many people feel prisoners and detainees are of less importance, in the case of pretrial detainees especially, many will be back out in the community whether sooner or later, and all of them come into contact with other employees, guards, food and maintenance workers, court personnel. An assistant public defender in Cook County died from Covid January 20, and others have contracted it. At least one courthouse completely paused work due to outbreaks among judges and clerical personnel just a month ago.
As far as I’m concerned, if they’re vaccinating others in Guantanamo it just makes sense to do everyone.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1312 on: January 31, 2021, 01:17:50 PM »
I the outrage machine has been gassed up again.

I’m assuming because they are giving it to the soldiers that are holding them indefinitely.

you are "assuming"?  well then, why don't they just say they are giving it to our brave prison guards but NOT to the terrorists? 

so mr. sedate, what does it take to "outrage" you if not for getting vaccine to the guys that assassinated over 3,000 of our innocent citizens when so many of our people need it yet? 

yes, i realize that since word got out of one of sleepys little brain farts that they had to back pedal a little.  i have a feeling that's going to be happening quite a bit over the next 2 years...oh chit, how did they find out...damn leakers eyna?
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1313 on: January 31, 2021, 01:26:06 PM »

just running it thru the same filter as pre jan 20.  no matter who is in charge though eyna? waiting for how many scoops of ice cream everyone got at first official WH dinner making sure sleepy didn't sneak an extra scoop :D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1314 on: January 31, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
We were losing that many per day to COVID while an administration was trying to do away with democracy instead of planning for distribution, supplies, etc.

Yup, bad optics at Gitmo. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1315 on: January 31, 2021, 01:28:56 PM »
just running it thru the same filter as pre jan 20.  no matter who is in charge though eyna? waiting for how many scoops of ice cream everyone got at first official WH dinner making sure sleepy didn't sneak an extra scoop :D

The “pre jan 20 filter” was that there was nothing anyone could do at a federal level. No? So...I’m confused why you’re rambling so much.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #1316 on: January 31, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
The “pre jan 20 filter” was that there was nothing anyone could do at a federal level. No? So...I’m confused why you’re rambling so much.

His pals tell him to be outraged. So he’s outraged.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1317 on: January 31, 2021, 02:10:33 PM »
what does it take to "outrage" you if not for getting vaccine to the guys that assassinated over 3,000 of our innocent citizens when so many of our people need it yet? 

yes, i realize that since word got out of one of sleepys little brain farts that they had to back pedal a little.  i have a feeling that's going to be happening quite a bit over the next 2 years...oh chit, how did they find out...damn leakers eyna?

if only you were even one iota outraged by the Jan 6 terrorists who staged a deadly insurrection as incited by the then-potus oona?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1318 on: January 31, 2021, 02:29:23 PM »
Prisoners deserve medical care. That includes vaccines, especially during a pandemic.

OT - if you're going to cry about terrorism, then you better espouse the same views toward the Capitol mob, saudi princes, the US military, Israel...anyone commiting acts of terrorism across the globe.

Otherwise, you're no different than any other partisan hack

• All American
« Reply #1319 on: January 31, 2021, 02:37:09 PM »
Prisoners deserve medical care. That includes vaccines, especially during a pandemic.

OT - if you're going to cry about terrorism, then you better espouse the same views toward the Capitol mob, saudi princes, the US military, Israel...anyone commiting acts of terrorism across the globe.

Otherwise, you're no different than any other partisan hack

I think the Q’Anon Shaman deserves to be vaccinated despite the fact that he engaged in an insurrection meant to overturn the result of a legitimate election.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1320 on: January 31, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »
if only you were even one iota outraged by the Jan 6 terrorists who staged a deadly insurrection as incited by the then-potus oona?

oh, i was outraged as much as anyone, but please try to get yer chit straight and stop watching CNN et al.  they've all proven to be nothing but propagandists and wrong so many times if you just allow the real story to come out.  that was all bad, but it was more than previous potus....way more.  now that they've got tiananmen square all protected, careful what they wish for.  they are poking the sleeping dog buddy.  all of us should be very concerned for what "they" can do to any of us

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1321 on: January 31, 2021, 02:58:56 PM »
  oh, i was outraged as much as anyone, but please try to get yer chit straight and stop watching CNN et al.  they've all proven to be nothing but propagandists and wrong so many times if you just allow the real story to come out.  that was all bad, but it was more than previous potus....way more.  now that they've got tiananmen square all protected, careful what they wish for.  they are poking the sleeping dog buddy.  all of us should be very concerned for what "they" can do to any of us

I’m terrified.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1322 on: January 31, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »
  sleepy better get his chit together cuz the clock is ticking and people are dying.  he promised 100 million vaccinations in 100 days starting on day one.  and no fuzzy math like that of the emmy award winning cuomo guy

https://rfangle.com/politics/biden-administration-loses-20-million-vaccine/

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1323 on: January 31, 2021, 05:44:16 PM »
They increased the target and are vaccinating over 1.5 million per day as of last week.  So the promise from the admin is not 100 million in 100 days. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1324 on: January 31, 2021, 05:46:11 PM »
Oh, sew dat's da plan, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"