'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why JJJ has to play 25+ minutes per game  (Read 133226 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Why JJJ has to play 25+ minutes per game
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2015, 03:40:16 PM »
That comes out to...

34.5 mpg, 12.3 ppg, 4.2 reb, 4.3 ast, 1.8 stls, 1.8 TO and 62.2% shooting.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:23 PM »
Ok, you really want 6 games from Derrick's career.  Here goes:

Last year @Arizona State  39 minutes, 5/9, 15 points, 4 rebs, 7 assists, 0 turnovers
Last year neutral site against GW  32 minutes, 4/6, 11 points, 4 rebs, 4 assists, 2 turnovers
Last year @Butler   40 minutes, 6/13, 13 points, 6 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 5 turnovers
Last year @St. Johns   29 minutes, 5/7, 14 points, 2 rebs, 2 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers
This year neutral site against Tenn   36 minutes, 4/4, 11 points, 2 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers
This year home against Seton Hall    31 minutes, 4/6, 10 points, 7 rebs, 8 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers

Worth noting, all six of those games are against either high major or NCAA Tournament teams.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »

"Someone talked.  Go make... inquisitions."
Now those are awesome uniforms. Take a poll: Would that be Patton's dress uniform for the military or Obama's. I vote Obama. Maybe MU pep squad could wear those with blue and gold colors.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »
That comes out to...

34.5 mpg, 12.3 ppg, 4.2 reb, 4.3 ast, 1.8 stls, 1.8 TO and 62.2% shooting.

Crickets my ass.  LOL - So the best 6 games of Derrick Wilson's ENTIRE career (120+games)are not better than the 6 games JJJ has gotten 25+ minutes this year. 

JJJ
29.6 minutes (5 minutes less of playing time) 13.6ppg, 4.3 reb, 2.5ast, 3.0 steals, 2.6 TOs

LOL - One guy is a sophomore. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
Crickets my ass.  LOL - So the best 6 games of Derrick Wilson's ENTIRE career (120+games)are not better than the 6 games JJJ has gotten 25+ minutes this year. 

JJJ
29.6 minutes (5 minutes less of playing time) 13.6ppg, 4.3 reb, 2.5ast, 3.0 steals, 2.6 TOs

You challenged somebody.

They met your challenge.

Why are you so combative ALL OF THE TIME?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »
You challenged somebody.

They met your challenge.

Normally signs of immaturity / insecurity
Goal is National Championship

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2015, 05:35:07 PM »
You challenged somebody.

They met your challenge.

Are you serious?  Says the guy who went on a rant of combative dislike for me within the last 48 hours?  Didn't even respond to it, as I chose to be the bigger person on that.  I thought about sharing some choice views I have on you, yet felt it was unnecessary to stoop to your level.

As for this post - yes - I served up an offer/challenge of giving someone 120+ games to pick the best 6 of Derrick's entire career to exceed JJJ's 6 of this year.  Per usual, the usual suspects all chime in with crickets, BWAHHHHH, etc., when someone posts stats that get close to JJJ's - and what's hilarious about it??  The challenge ultimately wasn't met.  

Sorry I find it laughable that when given a 3.5 year pool of games to choose from, all the Derrick supporters here (many of whom discredit JJJ), can't even grab the best 6 games of Derrick's career and exceed JJJ's production of the 6 games this season JJJ's gotten 25+ minutes.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2015, 05:38:22 PM »
Normally signs of immaturity / insecurity

Not nearly as much as guys who have to resort to hitting the "report to mods" function, place people on ignore that they disagree with, ask Mods to ban someone who has an alternative viewpoint than them.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2015, 05:57:16 PM »
Not nearly as much as guys who have to resort to hitting the "report to mods" function, place people on ignore that they disagree with, ask Mods to ban someone who has an alternative viewpoint than them.

Now Ners, settle down. The thought police, politically correct, and free speech deniers permeate in society.  never be a contrarian when the style is to go with the flow,.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »
You challenged somebody.

They met your challenge.

Because shifting goalposts is easier than admitting he was wrong.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2015, 06:33:17 PM »

JJJ

He didn't pick Derrick's six best games. He picked Derrick's best six games against top competition. I would also take Derrick's line over JjJ, especially  when you take shooting percentages and defense into account.

Why does him being a sophomore have anything to do with it? I don't care if JjJ will be better next season. Derrick is better right now.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »
NVM
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:00:18 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »
Are you serious?  Says the guy who went on a rant of combative dislike for me within the last 48 hours?  Didn't even respond to it, as I chose to be the bigger person on that.  I thought about sharing some choice views I have on you, yet felt it was unnecessary to stoop to your level.

As for this post - yes - I served up an offer/challenge of giving someone 120+ games to pick the best 6 of Derrick's entire career to exceed JJJ's 6 of this year.  Per usual, the usual suspects all chime in with crickets, BWAHHHHH, etc., when someone posts stats that get close to JJJ's - and what's hilarious about it??  The challenge ultimately wasn't met.  

Sorry I find it laughable that when given a 3.5 year pool of games to choose from, all the Derrick supporters here (many of whom discredit JJJ), can't even grab the best 6 games of Derrick's career and exceed JJJ's production of the 6 games this season JJJ's gotten 25+ minutes.

Why are you saying Derrick's three and a half year career vs JjJ's 6 games.  It really is Derrick's career vs JjJ's career, is it not? 

And if you want to say its JjJ's games where he got 25+ minutes, then lets go ahead and erase 2 of Derrick's years outside of the game against UW.

You challenged someone to pick 6 games for Derrick.  I provided them.  And those stats have similar scoring on better shooting, more rebounds, more assists, and less turnovers.  Not to mention something that isn't being picked up there for defense.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2015, 06:54:26 PM »

Not me LOL
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2015, 07:20:48 PM »

For the upteenth time. No one cares the you disagree with them. It is the way in which you do it
TAMU

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »
For the upteenth time. No one cares the you disagree with them. It is the way in which you do it

I would think eliciting the response he did from one of the board's most even-handed posters would serve as evidence of this.

For the record, I kinda like angry Ammo.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2015, 07:31:15 PM »
I would think eliciting the response he did from one of the board's most even-handed posters would serve as evidence of this.

For the record, I kinda like angry Ammo.
You are assuming he has the ability to learn from experience.  There is no evidence of that whatsoever.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2015, 09:58:28 PM »
I appreciate your contrary posts and spirit TAMU.  Although I find it incredibly "unconventional" when guys try to argue Derrick is better than Cadougan and Buycks.  Find it odd how people discredit the production of both Deonte and JJJ, while trying to champion a guy who produces so little.

I submit to your "group" 6 games JJJ gets 25+ minutes, and what the stats bear out - and it's pretty much crickets.  We had one attempt to try to parse them into how he plays against Top 100 verus teams below 100 - which was pretty much shown to be ill-informed as Arizona State is ranked 51st in Pomeroy rankings. Gave you guys the ability to pick 6 games from Derrick's entire career at MU that could match JJJ's numbers in the ONLY six games this season he's gotten 25+ minutes - and nobody has anything to offer.

All that people can stand on, is O-Rating, as a metric alone - and anyone being credible and reasonable about O-Rating as a metric in and of itself realizes it is incredibly flawed.

If people disagree that O-Rating isn't flawed as a metric on its own - and that it is the holy grail of Value definition to a team - then those same people need to be of the belief that Jake Thomas last year was a better player than both Todd Mayo and Duane Wilson (this year.)

Wait a minute, this is your own self-proclamation and I didn't respond to it, because it was so absurd.  No one in the country actually thinks Arizona St. is a top 50 (even 51) team.  They are 11-11 and second to last in the worst power conference league.  Their RPI is 121 (which may be generous).  They lost to Lehigh (RPI 161).

My argument of he does well against bad teams is absolutely sound.  Any crickets are because people are sick of trying to argue with you, because of how ridiculous your stance is.  JJJ is clearly the 8th best player on the team.  He wouldn't make it off the bench for any other team in the BE.  

Even tonight (in one of his best games of the year), he played out of control, shot 33% from the field and played absolutely 0 defense.  He has a lot of potential, but is very very raw.  My hopes is this offseason he works on his shot, gets in the gym and studies film.

No rational person agrees with you.  Your arguments have 0 merit.  Half the board has you on ignore and the other half thinks you are wrong.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:13:54 PM by forgetful »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2015, 10:11:03 PM »
Well, this is fun.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »

JJJ

JJJ in those games (his best) 45% shooting.  Derrick in his 66% shooting.  Every coach in D1 and myself would take Derrick's stat line over JJJ's in those 6 games.

Even this season, Derricks best 6 games. (Omaha, Tennessee, North Dakota, Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall).

11.6 PPG, 5.7 reb, 4.5 assists, 1.1 steals, 1.0 TOs, 64.4% shooting.

I'll take Derrick's stat line again.  20% higher FG shooting, fewer TOs, more assists, more rebounds, less steals (way better defense) and controls the ball.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »
JJJ in those games (his best) 45% shooting.  Derrick in his 66% shooting.  Every coach in D1 and myself would take Derrick's stat line over JJJ's in those 6 games.

Even this season, Derricks best 6 games. (Omaha, Tennessee, North Dakota, Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall).

11.6 PPG, 5.7 reb, 4.5 assists, 1.1 steals, 1.0 TOs, 64.4% shooting.

I'll take Derrick's stat line again.  20% higher FG shooting, fewer TOs, more assists, more rebounds, less steals (way better defense) and controls the ball.

All I saw tonight, was another fine outing from Derrick, I wonder why Derrick being a senior and losing did not jack up 20 shots today, he had the looks since no one really guards him.  I would
love for him to do that.  Win or lose who cares, the team is going nowhere anyway.  Show us you can.  Tired of yelling at him to shoot it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2015, 10:19:53 PM »
I want JJJ to be good. But I couldn't help noticing 4 occasions tonight in which he went for a steal he had no chance of getting and all 4 led to wide-open 3s for Nova, which made three of the four.

Now, I don't know from all the fancy schmancy defensive metrics that are out there now, but in my mind, that's 9 points against my team that might not have been scored had one player shown a bit more discipline.

I'm guessing Wojo has noticed the same thing in many games this season. But then again, what the hell does he know about solid, intelligent defense? He didn't stop playing ball at high school, so he is stoopid like the rest of us.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:38:59 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:46 PM »
All I saw tonight, was another fine outing from Derrick, I wonder why Derrick being a senior and losing did not jack up 20 shots today, he had the looks since no one really guards him.  I would
love for him to do that.  Win or lose who cares, the team is going nowhere anyway.  Show us you can.  Tired of yelling at him to shoot it.

I agree.  I would like to see him shoot it when open.  He is overly disciplined (better than undisciplined, but still not good).  He can't be any less efficient offensively than some of the others.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2015, 07:47:31 AM »
I agree.  I would like to see him shoot it when open.  He is overly disciplined (better than undisciplined, but still not good).  He can't be any less efficient offensively than some of the others.

He has no confidence, the only way to get it, is to shoot the ball.  And why not? 

feedback