'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Year...  (Read 2232 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
Next Year...
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »
Last night's game was the first MU game in a long while that I didn't bother to watch the whole thing...Offense was embarrassing and led me to worry even for next year.

If NN does not come to campus, even if he does come to campus, who is playing PG next year??

We will have a number of wing options, depth at the 4 and the 5...Something we have not had in years but yet we will be missing a solid PG which could doom the team from day 1. I look at next year's roster as it stands to look today and the 1 is a very concerning position to me.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Next Year...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
Here is what I think MU needs...

Another PG Option:  Perhaps Nick can fill this role, but with his situation who knows?  I would look at the Juco transfer that can either be a starter or a solid back up behind Duane.

Badass Rebounding Forward:  This team isn't physical enough for the BE and it shows.  It would be nice to get a 6'7" type guy who likes to play physical.  No need for much scoring.  Get rebounds, play defense.  Might need a transfer to play in that role.

Another Shooter:  I don't think I need to say why.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Here is what I think MU needs...

Another PG Option:  Perhaps Nick can fill this role, but with his situation who knows?  I would look at the Juco transfer that can either be a starter or a solid back up behind Duane.

Badass Rebounding Forward:  This team isn't physical enough for the BE and it shows.  It would be nice to get a 6'7" type guy who likes to play physical.  No need for much scoring.  Get rebounds, play defense.  Might need a transfer to play in that role.

Another Shooter:  I don't think I need to say why.

Another shooter??? That assumes MU already has one.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:51:33 AM »
If Wojo is worried about PG for next year he will get one from the JUCO's or a grad transfer who is immediately eligible. I'm sure Wojo has a good handle on what he does and doesn't need for next year.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
I wouldn't count on NN matriculating at Marquette.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 08:53:29 AM »
If Wojo is worried about PG for next year he will get one from the JUCO's or a grad transfer who is immediately eligible. I'm sure Wojo has a good handle on what he does and doesn't need for next year.

So....we can't talk about it then?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 08:54:08 AM »

You do realize there will be stiff competition for the services of the top JUCO PG and grad transfer PG candidates correct?  I'm sure Wojo has a good handle on who he wants, yet wanting and getting are two different things frequently.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:54:55 AM »
I wouldn't count on NN matriculating at Marquette.
Hey - We agree on something.  Sad story on NN.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 08:56:49 AM »
You do realize there will be stiff competition for the services of the top JUCO PG and grad transfer PG candidates correct?  I'm sure Wojo has a good handle on who he wants, yet wanting and getting are two different things frequently.

But if we have a need a PG how many of these other shcools will be able to over the PT? If another PG is one of the things Wojo decided one of the 3 open scholarships is needed for a chance at significant PT is a major selling point.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:51 AM »
But if we have a need a PG how many of these other shcools will be able to over the PT? If another PG is one of the things Wojo decided one of the 3 open scholarships is needed for a chance at significant PT is a major selling point.

That definitely will be Wojo's MAJOR selling point.  And should be a good one.  Yet, if he can't attract the top couple of JUCO PG candidates and top few grad transfer candidates with all of that PT available?  Perhaps that will be the first realization for Wojo that recruiting to Marquette and Duke are drastically different.

feedback