[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why JJJ has to play 25+ minutes per game  (Read 132470 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Why JJJ has to play 25+ minutes per game
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2015, 10:51:09 PM »
You are overly complicating this.  This post started as "if JJJ plays more he has more stats."  All "facts" were based on per game performance.  It takes a special brand of crazy to extend to 18 pages an argument based on the premise that if a player plays more minutes the player will have better numbers.  It's like a bad trip at a Dead concert.

Very bad, terrible really....
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2015, 10:55:49 PM »
I know the shots may not have fallen, but I liked JJJ tonight. He was strong on the boards, only overpursued a couple times on steals (forced a turnover on one overpursuit anyway), and had a few shots that could have fallen.

Let's be honest, no one shot well, so that's hardly the biggest sin in this one.
Well Juan was 5/7

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2015, 11:01:39 PM »
Totally agree - yet those in your camp simply can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that if a player is on the court longer he is going to post stats.  Derrick Wilson is a great case in point.  By virtue of being on the floor 34 minutes a game he's bound to score 5 points and grab a few rebounds and get a few assists.  What is sad is when you play THAT much and that's all the production you can bring to the table.  Yet we have people here suggesting playing time needs to be "earned."

My question:  How does a guy who scores at half the rate of another player, rebounds, steals and blocks shots at a lower rate, as well as turn the ball over at a higher percentage of possessions "earn" two times the playing time of another guard on the roster??
I know you do not see it, but it is his defense. I know you will say no way, but it is what it is. Two different coaching staffs have seen it and most of the anouncers (most have played or coached) do see it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2015, 01:22:52 AM »
I know the shots may not have fallen, but I liked JJJ tonight. He was strong on the boards, only overpursued a couple times on steals (forced a turnover on one overpursuit anyway), and had a few shots that could have fallen.

Let's be honest, no one shot well, so that's hardly the biggest sin in this one.

Agreed with this assessment. He's playing better as of late. Hopefully it is a sign of an upward trajectory
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
This thread has worn me out, so I'm moving on.

Still never heard what Wojo's motivation to discipline JJJ could have been other than what Wojo stated, and now I never will, at least not in this thread.

Carry on, all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback