[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: True love  (Read 7641 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
True love
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »
So my fiancé got braces because she wants her teeth straight for the wedding pictures. Today she got them tightened and got new rubber bands. As soon as she was done, she texted me a picture of her smile, complete with Blue and Gold rubber bands. Suffice to say, I love it!

So...what's the coolest Marquette-themed thing a significant other has done for you guys?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
Re: True love
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
Gf ordered me Marquette game shorts and some new MU Jordan gear for march madness. She hates basketball. But certainly loves when Marquette wins. Lol

JD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
That's pretty cool Brew.

My story happened last week.  Although she isn't my significant other, but we are good "friends"  She flew in from phoenix last weekend, and has never heard of Marquette up until she meet me.  Well after 4 wonderful nights at the Hyatt and 2 NCAA games under her belt, she made me drive her to the spirit shop, she bought 3 Jordan shirts, and flew back home on Sunday.

She texted me this morning telling me she's bringing one of her friends to the game on Thursday!

I think it's pretty cool that a friend who i really don't talk to, instantly became a fanatic of the Warriors and is now passing it on to her friends!
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
Wife gave me a S16 shirt for my birthday today (cough).

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »
Happy bday topper....hope you get extra bday gift later tonight. We all are under a lot of stress with all going on and we all need some stress relief.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:20:09 PM by Goose »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
She entertained, briefly, my suggestion we give our daughter the middle name Wade.
My daughter was born late December 2003. Do the math.

JD

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
Wife gave me a S16 shirt for my birthday today (cough).

Happy Birthday T.

"Give er hell!" tonight.  #Al
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

warriorborn86

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
My fiance took a picture from the Cuse game last year at the BC. She captured DJO in mid air going up for one of his classic breakaway right handed jam. Trailing in the background are Scoop Jardine and Brandon Triche looking up at DJO helplessly. This year she blew it up to a 16 x 20 size and took it to midnight madness this year for DJO to sign.

Needless to say this is now framed and has become the centerpiece over our fireplace.

GO MARQUETTE!!!

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
She made me a cake for our rehearsal dinner the night before we got married.

The pic is kind of blurry but it says: "I love you more than you love...Marquette Warriors." 

Doubtful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »
So my fiancé got braces because she wants her teeth straight for the wedding pictures. Today she got them tightened and got new rubber bands. As soon as she was done, she texted me a picture of her smile, complete with Blue and Gold rubber bands. Suffice to say, I love it!

So...what's the coolest Marquette-themed thing a significant other has done for you guys?

Nada.

I'm giving you fair warning, keep a close lookout on this one, if I'm ever around.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:31 PM »

No invisalign?

My coolest Marquette themed experience was getting a road dog while listening to homer and Mac. Feels weird now that I'm writing it down.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
Nada.

I'm giving you fair warning, keep a close lookout on this one, if I'm ever around.

Over my dead body...

...in which case, you have my permission to woo her with season tickets  :D

JD

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:12 PM »
No invisalign?

My coolest Marquette themed experience was getting a road dog while listening to homer and Mac. Feels weird now that I'm writing it down.

Yes!  Post of the year?!

AL

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »

Hope 4ever didn't do the work.  Her teeth will spell "Bruce" when the bands come off.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
No invisalign?

She didn't want to spend the extra ching for it, and now that she has Blue and Gold teeth, I'm glad she didn't. Perfect timing, right before the Sweet 16...if we win 2 games this weekend, I might have to force her to take sick days to fly to NOLA with me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
4ever is still waiting for Gabi to text him back.

JD

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
4ever is still waiting for Gabi to text him back.

PTM....now by "Gabi" are you talking about a MU alum?  Please tell me no!  I had an unfortunate run in with her :(

There was nothing good about her, she was large and in charge. She could suck the chrome off a hitch from what i heard "from a friend"  Blah! Hope this isn't the same girl.

AL

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »

Sounds like you got a good one
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »

Yes!  Post of the year?!

Haha. Now I feel inclined to share that the story is false, sadly. But you could imagine...

JD

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 06:31:16 PM »
Haha. Now I feel inclined to share that the story is false, sadly. But you could imagine...

I could imagine, however i'm not sure I should?  ;D

AL

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
PTM....now by "Gabi" are you talking about a MU alum?  Please tell me no!  I had an unfortunate run in with her :(

There was nothing good about her, she was large and in charge. She could suck the chrome off a hitch from what i heard "from a friend"  Blah! Hope this isn't the same girl.
Check the ladies basketball roster for Gabi Minix.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
Back on topic: the bride let me clip an MU into the scalp of our lad, who thought it a great idea. At halftime, he and I were momentarily at courtside. A towering camera operator asked the lad to stop and captured an initialed scalp image, which was shown a few minutes later on the jumbotron. During the next bath break, all too many at neighboring urinals said "It's the kid from the jumbotron!" The lad raced out, tugging up his shorts; he has never again worn his hair so short.

That season ended with an impromptu road trip to Knoxville. Before departing, the children posed in facepaint, Warrior tees, and their homemade Go Warrior signs. Pregame, they put the MacIlvaine-Key-Logterman senior posters in the window of our room. When the Dukies lodged nearby walked past and yelled Duke, the children opened the door and yelled "MAR-QUETTE." The bride approved and encouraged such behavior through their formative years. Bless her.

And, yes, the young peoples' orthodontia featured gold-and-blue spacers and rubber bands.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »

That season ended with an impromptu road trip to Knoxville. Before departing, the children posed in facepaint, Warrior tees, and their homemade Go Warrior signs. Pregame, they put the MacIlvaine-Key-Logterman senior posters in the window of our room. When the Dukies lodged nearby walked past and yelled Duke, the children opened the door and yelled "MAR-QUETTE." The bride approved and encouraged such behavior through their formative years. Bless her.

Was this the S16 game in 1994?  jsglow road-tripped to that, but he went with his buddies and left me at home with a two-year-old and a newborn...a nominee for the least cool thing a loved one has done.  I have been patiently waiting for my opportunity for revenge - a solo trip to NOLA might just do the trick...
Have some patience, FFS.

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Check the ladies basketball roster for Gabi Minix.

Damnet. 5'9? That is a deal breaker for me. Same goes for Kate Upton, Alessandra Ambrosio and pretty much every other Victoria's secret model. Although my father always told me to date a tall chick because "when you're nose to nose your toes are in it and when you're toes to toes your nose is in it."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
My girlfriend went to Wisconsin and she wears MU gear to the games and game viewing parties with me. The favor is not reciprocated for the football season or Wisconsin bball games. She got me a Wisconsin shirt once and I "accidentally lost it" while we were long distance dating for a short period. As much as I appreciate that she does it for me, I just can't bring myself to wear a Bucky shirt. Does that make me an a-hole? Or does it make me even more awesome?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
My girlfriend went to Wisconsin and she wears MU gear to the games and game viewing parties with me. The favor is not reciprocated for the football season or Wisconsin bball games. She got me a Wisconsin shirt once and I "accidentally lost it" while we were long distance dating for a short period. As much as I appreciate that she does it for me, I just can't bring myself to wear a Bucky shirt. Does that make me an a-hole? Or does it make me even more awesome?

I vote a-hole.  Relationships are about compromise.
Have some patience, FFS.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »

My defense is that I don't force her to wear it, she wants to cuz I'm obsessed and she's just a casual fan. Meaning she has a real life.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »

There are some things that just cannot be compromised.  A bucky shirt falls in that category.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
Says the MU grad that married a MU grad with the child attending.....MU.

But I vote a- hole too.  I don't "force her to wear it?"  Big of you.
Ludum habemus.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

She might as well have asked him to wear an ND shirt with a big ole picture of Digger on it.  The good ones don't ask a man to do that kind of stuff.    ;)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
Says the MU grad that married a MU grad with the child attending.....MU.

But I vote a- hole too.  I don't "force her to wear it?"  Big of you.

That will be two children attending MU as of the fall - son just committed yesterday.

But I'll have you know that jsglow has attended figure skating shows with me simply because I like them.  And I have attended NASCAR races because he likes those.  Compromise.
Have some patience, FFS.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
She entertained, briefly, my suggestion we give our daughter the middle name Wade.

My son's name is Travis!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
That will be two children attending MU as of the fall - son just committed yesterday.

But I'll have you know that jsglow has attended figure skating shows with me simply because I like them.  And I have attended NASCAR races because he likes those.  Compromise.

I watch effing House Hunters and Project Runway with her. PRETTY sure I understand the meaning of the word compromise. The MU gear is her idea, and she does it voluntarily without any prodding from my side. If she stopped tomorrow I wouldn't put up a stink, nor does she when I don't wear Badgers garbage. It's a nice MU realated thing she does for me, which is what the thread was asking about. Just can't bring myself to do the same, although I think the things referenced above more than make up for that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
I watch effing House Hunters and Project Runway with her. PRETTY sure I understand the meaning of the word compromise. The MU gear is her idea, and she does it voluntarily without any prodding from my side. If she stopped tomorrow I wouldn't put up a stink, nor does she when I don't wear Badgers garbage. It's a nice MU realated thing she does for me, which is what the thread was asking about. Just can't bring myself to do the same, although I think the things referenced above more than make up for that.

If she wouldn't put up a stink, why did you have to "accidentally lose the shirt" instead of just telling her you don't want to wear it?
Have some patience, FFS.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
Every year, my wife purchases some MU tickets from an auction in Kenosha at the Bowl for the Cure.  She's also bought me an MU blanket and about a dozen pieces of golf paraphernalia... ball markers, head covers, putter head cover, shirts, hats, etc.

She also realizes any UW-Granola items being given to our family will be discarded in the circular file.

Pretty awesome!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
If she wouldn't put up a stink, why did you have to "accidentally lose the shirt" instead of just telling her you don't want to wear it?

Are you serious?  Cuz we had just started dating and it was way easier than to tell her to eff off (which I would never do), and it was before she ever wore anything MU related for me.  Had I known then what I know now it wouldn't have been a problem.  Am I really getting flak for not wearing UW gear?  The a-hole thing was a throwaway line, I thought it might be kinda sorta funny, seeing as they're a rival and all.  Forget I said anything.  You already got me to publicly admit I watch Project Runway for the sake of my relationship, I will not be responding to this again.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
My youngest daughter was born the day before semi-final game against Kansas in 2003. My wife(Alum) was willing to leave the baby at hospital due to baby's required 48 hour stay and watched game with me at local tavern. I'm not sure she did it out of love for me, fear of abandonment, or love of MU? It might have been the fact that we have 3 older children and she didn't want to go home quite yet!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »

This presumes you have already attained some level of awesome...

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 10:54:59 PM »
To warriorchick's question: "Was this the S16 game in 1994?"

Yes, we all went together, with the bride and I sharing the driving tasks. The young people drive now, so the next time we're possessed and able to head out en masse, I will navigate (or nap) while they attend to traffic.

Back then, we had four seats in one of the short F rows upstairs. The rail in front of us allowed the wee ones to safely kick and tap and lean, and afforded them a great vantage for the game and everything that went on around us. One evening, they joined the clamor against a questionable call, waving their little arms and chanting "bullcrap, bullcrap! Imagine the parental dismay.

Mother and I stifled our laughter, and said in one voice, "Just don't say it at school."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
I like when Scoopers pretend they have significant others.

I spend hundreds each year on MU gear.  It's really all I wear (when I have clothes on, which isn't often).

warriorchick: are you and that guy going to be in Phoenix? How 'bout that daughter of yours? Holla
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
My wife agreed to name one of our kids McGuire. 

That's his first name.  We call him Mick. 
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »
Thanks to the moderators for tempering my direct quote of our chanting children.

JD

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
My wife agreed to name one of our kids McGuire. 

That's his first name.  We call him Mick. 

Big Rocky fan too eh?

AL

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »
I once dated a broad who had "Warriors" tatted on her privates right above her other tat that read, "Enter  Here." 
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 06:22:23 AM »
I once dated a broad who had "Warriors" tatted on her privates right above her other tat that read, "Enter  Here." 

Don't give up jaybee's secrets.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »
I like when Scoopers pretend they have significant others.

I spend hundreds each year on MU gear.  It's really all I wear (when I have clothes on, which isn't often).

warriorchick: are you and that guy going to be in Phoenix? How 'bout that daughter of yours? Holla

No, we are not going to be in Phoenix.   And I am sure my daughter is not your type.  She is not a bimbo.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:06 AM »
No, we are not going to be in Phoenix.   And I am sure my daughter is not your type.  She is not a bimbo.

jaybee likes em 6'4", 260 lbs, a nice set of man-hands and heavily into BDSM.  no pun intended.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
jaybee likes em 6'4", 260 lbs, a nice set of man-hands and heavily into BDSM.  no pun intended.

He'd be 0 for 4, then.
Have some patience, FFS.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 08:09:51 AM »

You're Duane Wilson's mom!?!!?  Awesome!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 08:15:01 AM »
You're Duane Wilson's mom!?!!?  Awesome!!

If Duane Wilson is a 5'6"", 130-pound white kid, then yes.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 08:19:38 AM »
BrewCity---Make sure your son looks for little Goose next Fall. My son will be freshman as well. Hopefully takes a more direct path than I did to get out.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »
Dwyane Wade is her father?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=31775.msg375486#msg375486 date=1332369182
Dwyane Wade is her father?

If you gotta be cuckolded, at least it was by dwade.  8-)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »
Some lucky guys here....  I'm lucky if I get the living room and not the basement to scream a the television.  I finally got my wife to fill out a bracket this year (even though she picked on the states she knows people in), and she sent me an update on some scores at work... it's been a long time since she's sent me a dirty text.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »
My now "ex" suggested a couple years ago (when still not an "ex") we drop our season tickets for a few years to save some money.

NOT

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

Suffice to say......

I still have my season tickets.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

Whatever - that's way too big. They have to be at least a little bit shorter and less heavy than me (so, 5'7" and 245 at most).

warriorchick - I don't ONLY like bimbos.  Actually, I prefer a lady in the street but a freak in the bed.  5'6", 130? That's your son?  Sounds like Chicos.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »
Whatever - that's way too big. They have to be at least a little bit shorter and less heavy than me (so, 5'7" and 245 at most).

warriorchick - I don't ONLY like bimbos.  Actually, I prefer a lady in the street but a freak in the bed.  5'6", 130? That's your son?  Sounds like Chicos.

brah, did you see your gal carrie underwood is now a vegan?

exercisevanity

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:01:34 PM by exercisevanity »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
brah, did you see your gal carrie underwood is now a vegan?

No, didn't catch that.  Was that in Teen?  It sounds like a ploy to make people look at her as less of a boyish dog and more feminine/soft.  "Oooh, I'm tender and a vegan inside, I just look like a male alien".  Didn't you go vegan when you first came out? 

Quarles & Brady is offering the Marquette faithful a breakfast on Friday.  That's very kind of them, but if they serve any meat we'll need to exorcise those sinners.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »
brah, did you see your gal carrie underwood is now a virgin?

Fixed
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback