[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: True love  (Read 7729 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
True love
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »
So my fiancé got braces because she wants her teeth straight for the wedding pictures. Today she got them tightened and got new rubber bands. As soon as she was done, she texted me a picture of her smile, complete with Blue and Gold rubber bands. Suffice to say, I love it!

So...what's the coolest Marquette-themed thing a significant other has done for you guys?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
Re: True love
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
Gf ordered me Marquette game shorts and some new MU Jordan gear for march madness. She hates basketball. But certainly loves when Marquette wins. Lol

JD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
That's pretty cool Brew.

My story happened last week.  Although she isn't my significant other, but we are good "friends"  She flew in from phoenix last weekend, and has never heard of Marquette up until she meet me.  Well after 4 wonderful nights at the Hyatt and 2 NCAA games under her belt, she made me drive her to the spirit shop, she bought 3 Jordan shirts, and flew back home on Sunday.

She texted me this morning telling me she's bringing one of her friends to the game on Thursday!

I think it's pretty cool that a friend who i really don't talk to, instantly became a fanatic of the Warriors and is now passing it on to her friends!
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
Wife gave me a S16 shirt for my birthday today (cough).

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »
Happy bday topper....hope you get extra bday gift later tonight. We all are under a lot of stress with all going on and we all need some stress relief.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:20:09 PM by Goose »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
She entertained, briefly, my suggestion we give our daughter the middle name Wade.
My daughter was born late December 2003. Do the math.

JD

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
Wife gave me a S16 shirt for my birthday today (cough).

Happy Birthday T.

"Give er hell!" tonight.  #Al
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

warriorborn86

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
My fiance took a picture from the Cuse game last year at the BC. She captured DJO in mid air going up for one of his classic breakaway right handed jam. Trailing in the background are Scoop Jardine and Brandon Triche looking up at DJO helplessly. This year she blew it up to a 16 x 20 size and took it to midnight madness this year for DJO to sign.

Needless to say this is now framed and has become the centerpiece over our fireplace.

GO MARQUETTE!!!

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
She made me a cake for our rehearsal dinner the night before we got married.

The pic is kind of blurry but it says: "I love you more than you love...Marquette Warriors." 

Doubtful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »
So my fiancé got braces because she wants her teeth straight for the wedding pictures. Today she got them tightened and got new rubber bands. As soon as she was done, she texted me a picture of her smile, complete with Blue and Gold rubber bands. Suffice to say, I love it!

So...what's the coolest Marquette-themed thing a significant other has done for you guys?

Nada.

I'm giving you fair warning, keep a close lookout on this one, if I'm ever around.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:31 PM »

No invisalign?

My coolest Marquette themed experience was getting a road dog while listening to homer and Mac. Feels weird now that I'm writing it down.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
Nada.

I'm giving you fair warning, keep a close lookout on this one, if I'm ever around.

Over my dead body...

...in which case, you have my permission to woo her with season tickets  :D

JD

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:12 PM »
No invisalign?

My coolest Marquette themed experience was getting a road dog while listening to homer and Mac. Feels weird now that I'm writing it down.

Yes!  Post of the year?!

AL

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »

Hope 4ever didn't do the work.  Her teeth will spell "Bruce" when the bands come off.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
No invisalign?

She didn't want to spend the extra ching for it, and now that she has Blue and Gold teeth, I'm glad she didn't. Perfect timing, right before the Sweet 16...if we win 2 games this weekend, I might have to force her to take sick days to fly to NOLA with me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
4ever is still waiting for Gabi to text him back.

JD

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
4ever is still waiting for Gabi to text him back.

PTM....now by "Gabi" are you talking about a MU alum?  Please tell me no!  I had an unfortunate run in with her :(

There was nothing good about her, she was large and in charge. She could suck the chrome off a hitch from what i heard "from a friend"  Blah! Hope this isn't the same girl.

AL

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »

Sounds like you got a good one
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »

Yes!  Post of the year?!

Haha. Now I feel inclined to share that the story is false, sadly. But you could imagine...

JD

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 06:31:16 PM »
Haha. Now I feel inclined to share that the story is false, sadly. But you could imagine...

I could imagine, however i'm not sure I should?  ;D

AL

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
PTM....now by "Gabi" are you talking about a MU alum?  Please tell me no!  I had an unfortunate run in with her :(

There was nothing good about her, she was large and in charge. She could suck the chrome off a hitch from what i heard "from a friend"  Blah! Hope this isn't the same girl.
Check the ladies basketball roster for Gabi Minix.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
Back on topic: the bride let me clip an MU into the scalp of our lad, who thought it a great idea. At halftime, he and I were momentarily at courtside. A towering camera operator asked the lad to stop and captured an initialed scalp image, which was shown a few minutes later on the jumbotron. During the next bath break, all too many at neighboring urinals said "It's the kid from the jumbotron!" The lad raced out, tugging up his shorts; he has never again worn his hair so short.

That season ended with an impromptu road trip to Knoxville. Before departing, the children posed in facepaint, Warrior tees, and their homemade Go Warrior signs. Pregame, they put the MacIlvaine-Key-Logterman senior posters in the window of our room. When the Dukies lodged nearby walked past and yelled Duke, the children opened the door and yelled "MAR-QUETTE." The bride approved and encouraged such behavior through their formative years. Bless her.

And, yes, the young peoples' orthodontia featured gold-and-blue spacers and rubber bands.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »

That season ended with an impromptu road trip to Knoxville. Before departing, the children posed in facepaint, Warrior tees, and their homemade Go Warrior signs. Pregame, they put the MacIlvaine-Key-Logterman senior posters in the window of our room. When the Dukies lodged nearby walked past and yelled Duke, the children opened the door and yelled "MAR-QUETTE." The bride approved and encouraged such behavior through their formative years. Bless her.

Was this the S16 game in 1994?  jsglow road-tripped to that, but he went with his buddies and left me at home with a two-year-old and a newborn...a nominee for the least cool thing a loved one has done.  I have been patiently waiting for my opportunity for revenge - a solo trip to NOLA might just do the trick...
Have some patience, FFS.

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Check the ladies basketball roster for Gabi Minix.

Damnet. 5'9? That is a deal breaker for me. Same goes for Kate Upton, Alessandra Ambrosio and pretty much every other Victoria's secret model. Although my father always told me to date a tall chick because "when you're nose to nose your toes are in it and when you're toes to toes your nose is in it."

feedback