'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: True love  (Read 7699 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: True love
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
My girlfriend went to Wisconsin and she wears MU gear to the games and game viewing parties with me. The favor is not reciprocated for the football season or Wisconsin bball games. She got me a Wisconsin shirt once and I "accidentally lost it" while we were long distance dating for a short period. As much as I appreciate that she does it for me, I just can't bring myself to wear a Bucky shirt. Does that make me an a-hole? Or does it make me even more awesome?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
My girlfriend went to Wisconsin and she wears MU gear to the games and game viewing parties with me. The favor is not reciprocated for the football season or Wisconsin bball games. She got me a Wisconsin shirt once and I "accidentally lost it" while we were long distance dating for a short period. As much as I appreciate that she does it for me, I just can't bring myself to wear a Bucky shirt. Does that make me an a-hole? Or does it make me even more awesome?

I vote a-hole.  Relationships are about compromise.
Have some patience, FFS.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »

My defense is that I don't force her to wear it, she wants to cuz I'm obsessed and she's just a casual fan. Meaning she has a real life.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »

There are some things that just cannot be compromised.  A bucky shirt falls in that category.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
Says the MU grad that married a MU grad with the child attending.....MU.

But I vote a- hole too.  I don't "force her to wear it?"  Big of you.
Ludum habemus.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

She might as well have asked him to wear an ND shirt with a big ole picture of Digger on it.  The good ones don't ask a man to do that kind of stuff.    ;)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
Says the MU grad that married a MU grad with the child attending.....MU.

But I vote a- hole too.  I don't "force her to wear it?"  Big of you.

That will be two children attending MU as of the fall - son just committed yesterday.

But I'll have you know that jsglow has attended figure skating shows with me simply because I like them.  And I have attended NASCAR races because he likes those.  Compromise.
Have some patience, FFS.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
She entertained, briefly, my suggestion we give our daughter the middle name Wade.
My daughter was born late December 2003. Do the math.

My son's name is Travis!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
That will be two children attending MU as of the fall - son just committed yesterday.

But I'll have you know that jsglow has attended figure skating shows with me simply because I like them.  And I have attended NASCAR races because he likes those.  Compromise.

I watch effing House Hunters and Project Runway with her. PRETTY sure I understand the meaning of the word compromise. The MU gear is her idea, and she does it voluntarily without any prodding from my side. If she stopped tomorrow I wouldn't put up a stink, nor does she when I don't wear Badgers garbage. It's a nice MU realated thing she does for me, which is what the thread was asking about. Just can't bring myself to do the same, although I think the things referenced above more than make up for that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
I watch effing House Hunters and Project Runway with her. PRETTY sure I understand the meaning of the word compromise. The MU gear is her idea, and she does it voluntarily without any prodding from my side. If she stopped tomorrow I wouldn't put up a stink, nor does she when I don't wear Badgers garbage. It's a nice MU realated thing she does for me, which is what the thread was asking about. Just can't bring myself to do the same, although I think the things referenced above more than make up for that.

If she wouldn't put up a stink, why did you have to "accidentally lose the shirt" instead of just telling her you don't want to wear it?
Have some patience, FFS.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
Every year, my wife purchases some MU tickets from an auction in Kenosha at the Bowl for the Cure.  She's also bought me an MU blanket and about a dozen pieces of golf paraphernalia... ball markers, head covers, putter head cover, shirts, hats, etc.

She also realizes any UW-Granola items being given to our family will be discarded in the circular file.

Pretty awesome!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
If she wouldn't put up a stink, why did you have to "accidentally lose the shirt" instead of just telling her you don't want to wear it?

Are you serious?  Cuz we had just started dating and it was way easier than to tell her to eff off (which I would never do), and it was before she ever wore anything MU related for me.  Had I known then what I know now it wouldn't have been a problem.  Am I really getting flak for not wearing UW gear?  The a-hole thing was a throwaway line, I thought it might be kinda sorta funny, seeing as they're a rival and all.  Forget I said anything.  You already got me to publicly admit I watch Project Runway for the sake of my relationship, I will not be responding to this again.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
My youngest daughter was born the day before semi-final game against Kansas in 2003. My wife(Alum) was willing to leave the baby at hospital due to baby's required 48 hour stay and watched game with me at local tavern. I'm not sure she did it out of love for me, fear of abandonment, or love of MU? It might have been the fact that we have 3 older children and she didn't want to go home quite yet!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »

This presumes you have already attained some level of awesome...

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 10:54:59 PM »
To warriorchick's question: "Was this the S16 game in 1994?"

Yes, we all went together, with the bride and I sharing the driving tasks. The young people drive now, so the next time we're possessed and able to head out en masse, I will navigate (or nap) while they attend to traffic.

Back then, we had four seats in one of the short F rows upstairs. The rail in front of us allowed the wee ones to safely kick and tap and lean, and afforded them a great vantage for the game and everything that went on around us. One evening, they joined the clamor against a questionable call, waving their little arms and chanting "bullcrap, bullcrap! Imagine the parental dismay.

Mother and I stifled our laughter, and said in one voice, "Just don't say it at school."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
I like when Scoopers pretend they have significant others.

I spend hundreds each year on MU gear.  It's really all I wear (when I have clothes on, which isn't often).

warriorchick: are you and that guy going to be in Phoenix? How 'bout that daughter of yours? Holla
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
My wife agreed to name one of our kids McGuire. 

That's his first name.  We call him Mick. 
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »
Thanks to the moderators for tempering my direct quote of our chanting children.

JD

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
My wife agreed to name one of our kids McGuire. 

That's his first name.  We call him Mick. 

Big Rocky fan too eh?
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »
I once dated a broad who had "Warriors" tatted on her privates right above her other tat that read, "Enter  Here." 
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 06:22:23 AM »
I once dated a broad who had "Warriors" tatted on her privates right above her other tat that read, "Enter  Here." 

Don't give up jaybee's secrets.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »
I like when Scoopers pretend they have significant others.

I spend hundreds each year on MU gear.  It's really all I wear (when I have clothes on, which isn't often).

warriorchick: are you and that guy going to be in Phoenix? How 'bout that daughter of yours? Holla

No, we are not going to be in Phoenix.   And I am sure my daughter is not your type.  She is not a bimbo.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:06 AM »
No, we are not going to be in Phoenix.   And I am sure my daughter is not your type.  She is not a bimbo.

jaybee likes em 6'4", 260 lbs, a nice set of man-hands and heavily into BDSM.  no pun intended.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
jaybee likes em 6'4", 260 lbs, a nice set of man-hands and heavily into BDSM.  no pun intended.

He'd be 0 for 4, then.
Have some patience, FFS.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 08:09:51 AM »

You're Duane Wilson's mom!?!!?  Awesome!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.