collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384496 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3350 on: August 06, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3351 on: August 06, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »
If I’m understanding the EO correctly based off Hards comments and the little I’ve read about it.  A private business can still require proof of vaccination if they want they would just lose any grant money or funding from the state I believe.

Yes, as I said, they face a penalty for wanting to protect their employees and customers from selfish anti-vax douchenozzles.

But you don't have to read my posts or Hards' posts to understand it. Read your new hero's EO. It's quite easy to follow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3352 on: August 06, 2021, 05:20:17 PM »
Ar da creem puffs gluten free, hey?

Yeah, but they come with 5G inside.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3353 on: August 06, 2021, 05:21:30 PM »
She’s a moron and should not be taken seriously, unfortunately some do listen.  I’ll give you this one, she has done nothing but embarrass the party and serve as a distraction.

She’s a duly elected us congress person. Sadly, she has to be taken seriously. And she was overwhelmingly elected in her district.

This is the GOP now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3354 on: August 06, 2021, 05:23:04 PM »
I’d flip those %s around….maybe 10-20% of the party eats that up, I hope that’s it at least.

I'd say like 30-40% of GOPers eat it up.  But an equal amount of Dems devour it as hate juice as well.  If people went back to ignoring the weirdos in congress they'd stop raising so much money from triggering the libs.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3355 on: August 06, 2021, 05:34:50 PM »
I'd say like 30-40% of GOPers eat it up.  But an equal amount of Dems devour it as hate juice as well.  If people went back to ignoring the weirdos in congress they'd stop raising so much money from triggering the libs.

It’s way more than that. In a poll this week, almost 70% think the election was stolen.

It may only be 20 or 30 % that are vocal, but the quiet ones believe the same. They supported the coup attempt.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3356 on: August 06, 2021, 05:41:29 PM »
It’s way more than that. In a poll this week, almost 70% think the election was stolen.

It may only be 20 or 30 % that are vocal, but the quiet ones believe the same. They supported the coup attempt.

I see the hate juice is flowing into your veins right on schedule.    ;D

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3357 on: August 06, 2021, 07:20:29 PM »
His numbers are correct, though. More than 2/3rds of Republicans believe the Big Lie.

Meanwhile, Floriduh Man:
Vocal anti-vaccine broadcaster dies from COVID-19 complications
https://www.wptv.com/lifestyle/taste-and-see/vocal-anti-vaccine-broadcaster-dies-from-covid-19-complications

"WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Former South Florida talk show host Dick Farrel, known and beloved by fans for his over-the-top right-wing opinions, has died from complications from COVID-19.

On Facebook, Farrel advocated against getting the coronavirus vaccine and was skeptical of Dr. Anthony Fauci, Chief of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, and his recommendations concerning the coronavirus. Friends said after contracting the virus he changed his point of view."

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3358 on: August 06, 2021, 08:02:34 PM »
His numbers are correct, though. More than 2/3rds of Republicans believe the Big Lie.

Meanwhile, Floriduh Man:
Vocal anti-vaccine broadcaster dies from COVID-19 complications
https://www.wptv.com/lifestyle/taste-and-see/vocal-anti-vaccine-broadcaster-dies-from-covid-19-complications

"WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Former South Florida talk show host Dick Farrel, known and beloved by fans for his over-the-top right-wing opinions, has died from complications from COVID-19.

On Facebook, Farrel advocated against getting the coronavirus vaccine and was skeptical of Dr. Anthony Fauci, Chief of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, and his recommendations concerning the coronavirus. Friends said after contracting the virus he changed his point of view."

These dopes are like death-row criminals who suddenly find religion on the way to execution.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3359 on: August 06, 2021, 11:55:43 PM »

Good deflection, Hards. You made the accusation about them. Then criticized me when I corrected your numbers.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 12:01:19 AM by Jockey »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3360 on: August 07, 2021, 01:39:33 AM »
Good deflection, Hards. You made the accusation about them. Then criticized me when I corrected your numbers.  ;D

No he didn't.  He adjusted the original hypothesized GOP percentage.  Then made a comment about their Dem counterparts.  You then presented a vague, uncited poll about GOP members saying its actually 70%.

Meanwhile, as I called out previously, you flip out about GOP "murderers" and "killers" death squads in 90% of the COVID and 50% of the Superbar threads daily with the same rhetoric, and others here quote LITERALLY every dumb thing morons like MTG or Handsy McLiar Cawthorne say on a weekly basis.

I think he summed it up pretty well.  And Hards and I disagree on PLENTY  ;D

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3361 on: August 07, 2021, 11:25:27 AM »
No he didn't.  He adjusted the original hypothesized GOP percentage.  Then made a comment about their Dem counterparts.  You then presented a vague, uncited poll about GOP members saying its actually 70%.

Meanwhile, as I called out previously, you flip out about GOP "murderers" and "killers" death squads in 90% of the COVID and 50% of the Superbar threads daily with the same rhetoric, and others here quote LITERALLY every dumb thing morons like MTG or Handsy McLiar Cawthorne say on a weekly basis.

I think he summed it up pretty well.  And Hards and I disagree on PLENTY  ;D

Well, 600,000+ have died in this country and only one party has fought tooth and nail against measures to mitigate those numbers. Inconvenient, but true.

Do I state this (too) often? Obviously I do. But it is important to remember why so many have died needlessly.

As for the GOP percentages, don’t be fooled. The GOP exists now in name only. In reality, it is the party of Trump. Their beliefs rely on what he says.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3362 on: August 07, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
Alabama crowd cheers state's low vaccination rate during Marjorie Taylor Greene event

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/566814-alabama-crowd-cheers-states-low-vaccination-rates-during-marjorie-taylor

Greene, who has previously compared mask and vaccine mandates to Nazi Germany, continued in the video by arguing that Biden would be “sending one of his police state friends to your front door” to take down residents’ personal information and “whether you’ve taken the vaccine or not.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3363 on: August 08, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
Alabama crowd cheers state's low vaccination rate during Marjorie Taylor Greene event

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/566814-alabama-crowd-cheers-states-low-vaccination-rates-during-marjorie-taylor

Greene, who has previously compared mask and vaccine mandates to Nazi Germany, continued in the video by arguing that Biden would be “sending one of his police state friends to your front door” to take down residents’ personal information and “whether you’ve taken the vaccine or not.”

I mean, they're mostly just killing their voting base.  It's pretty self destructive.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3364 on: August 09, 2021, 08:02:08 AM »
Three positive developments over the weekend ...

++ A federal judge on Sunday granted Norwegian Cruise Line’s request for a preliminary injunction, temporarily allowing the company to require proof of vaccination from passengers despite a Florida law that bans businesses from doing so. The ruling is likely to draw backlash from Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, who in May signed a state law that set fines for businesses requiring customers to provide proof of vaccination.  Norwegian’s next cruise ship to sail from Florida is set for Aug. 15, out of Miami. In a statement on Sunday, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings said the ruling would allow it to “operate in the safest way possible.”

++ Randi Weingarten, the head of the powerful American Federation of Teachers, expressed her strongest support to date for mandatory vaccination of educators against Covid-19, saying on Sunday that she would urge her union’s leadership to reconsider its position against vaccine mandates. “It’s not a new thing to have immunizations in schools,” Ms. Weingarten said on the NBC program “Meet the Press.” “And I think that on a personal matter, as a matter of personal conscience, I think that we need to be working with our employers, not opposing them, on vaccine mandates.” She called the rising number of coronavirus cases in the United States a “public health crisis. And the politics are infecting it.”

++ On Friday, a judge temporarily blocked Arkansas' law banning mask mandates, allowing schools and other government entities in Arkansas to require masks. Gov. Asa Hutchinson told Face the Nation on Sunday: “It was an error to sign that law. I admit that. ... Facts change, and leaders have to adjust to the new facts and the reality of what you have to deal with. Whenever I signed that law, our cases were low, we were hoping that the whole thing was gone, in terms of the virus, but it roared back with the Delta variant.” Arkansas, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, has seen cases approach last winter’s surge counts. It now has a seven-day rolling average of 2,351 new daily cases.

Info in all of the above culled from the NYT.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3365 on: August 09, 2021, 10:15:36 AM »
Three positive developments over the weekend ...

++ A federal judge on Sunday granted Norwegian Cruise Line’s request for a preliminary injunction, temporarily allowing the company to require proof of vaccination from passengers despite a Florida law that bans businesses from doing so. The ruling is likely to draw backlash from Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, who in May signed a state law that set fines for businesses requiring customers to provide proof of vaccination.  Norwegian’s next cruise ship to sail from Florida is set for Aug. 15, out of Miami. In a statement on Sunday, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings said the ruling would allow it to “operate in the safest way possible.”

++ Randi Weingarten, the head of the powerful American Federation of Teachers, expressed her strongest support to date for mandatory vaccination of educators against Covid-19, saying on Sunday that she would urge her union’s leadership to reconsider its position against vaccine mandates. “It’s not a new thing to have immunizations in schools,” Ms. Weingarten said on the NBC program “Meet the Press.” “And I think that on a personal matter, as a matter of personal conscience, I think that we need to be working with our employers, not opposing them, on vaccine mandates.” She called the rising number of coronavirus cases in the United States a “public health crisis. And the politics are infecting it.”

++ On Friday, a judge temporarily blocked Arkansas' law banning mask mandates, allowing schools and other government entities in Arkansas to require masks. Gov. Asa Hutchinson told Face the Nation on Sunday: “It was an error to sign that law. I admit that. ... Facts change, and leaders have to adjust to the new facts and the reality of what you have to deal with. Whenever I signed that law, our cases were low, we were hoping that the whole thing was gone, in terms of the virus, but it roared back with the Delta variant.” Arkansas, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, has seen cases approach last winter’s surge counts. It now has a seven-day rolling average of 2,351 new daily cases.

Info in all of the above culled from the NYT.

I give the Arkansas governor a little respect for acknowledging her law was a mistake, and shouldn't have been done. A lot better than other leaders who keep their head in the sand and fight any legal attempts to block their orders.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3366 on: August 09, 2021, 01:03:52 PM »
I give the Arkansas governor a little respect for acknowledging her law was a mistake, and shouldn't have been done. A lot better than other leaders who keep their head in the sand and fight any legal attempts to block their orders.

Agreed. Most dig in, double-down and refuse to ever acknowledge a mistake.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3367 on: August 09, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-vaccine-us-military-requirement-pentagon-3975940c732352f72e41f6e34a3a2669

Pentagon will require the vaccine for all troops on whichever comes first: Final FDA approval, or September 15th.

It's about time they started taking military readiness more seriously.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3368 on: August 09, 2021, 03:33:24 PM »
If vaccinated, severe break-through cases near nil.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/less-than-0-01-percent-of-vaccinated-americans-developed-severe-covid-breakthrough-case-cdc-says/

Let's get these vaccines fully approved so the focus shifts to the under 12s with the trials already in place on dosage.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3370 on: August 09, 2021, 07:12:11 PM »
Debunking the unvaxed myth. Still, access needs to be a priority.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/06/opinion/covid-delta-vaccines-unvaccinated.html?algo=clicks_decay_96&block=5&campaign_id=142&emc=edit_fory_20210809&fellback=false&imp_id=642510564&instance_id=37519&nl=for-you&nlid=97581647&pool=pool%2F5e7731fa-5316-4a02-a8e4-6b70e6919705&rank=1&regi_id=97581647&req_id=282256083&segment_id=65802&surface=for-you-email-rotating-opinion&user_id=617e6e7d6f3906e0024ea9df05bd6e53&variant=0_clicks_decay_96

Thanks for that link, Dr. B. The op-ed writer does a nice job of debunking some of the myths.

I was encouraged by quotes like this:

“We pretty quickly exhausted those who were easiest to reach and vaccinate,” Tara Smith, a public health professor at Kent State, told me. “This next phase is more difficult, but I don’t think it’s impossible to continue to get more people vaccinated. We just have to get creative.”

The writer suggested going home-to-home to distribute vaccines, something that a certain segment has equated with the government coming to do evil things.

In addition, she suggested guaranteed paid leave for those who get sick from the vaccine for a day or two, as routinely happens, as well as paid child-care where necessary. Both of which, of course, a segment of society would consider just another "handout" to the "takers."

One thing the writer doesn't really do is present factual evidence showing that for a large percentage (perhaps a majority?) of the un-vaxxed, it's simply been a choice -- "Don't Fauci my Ouchie!"

FWIW, here's a graphic from today's Washington Post that breaks things down by race and religion.

Of those groups, the one most likely to say, "No way ... I'm not getting that nasty shot," are white evangelical Christians.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3371 on: August 09, 2021, 07:19:55 PM »
Debunking the unvaxed myth. Still, access needs to be a priority.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/06/opinion/covid-delta-vaccines-unvaccinated.html?algo=clicks_decay_96&block=5&campaign_id=142&emc=edit_fory_20210809&fellback=false&imp_id=642510564&instance_id=37519&nl=for-you&nlid=97581647&pool=pool%2F5e7731fa-5316-4a02-a8e4-6b70e6919705&rank=1&regi_id=97581647&req_id=282256083&segment_id=65802&surface=for-you-email-rotating-opinion&user_id=617e6e7d6f3906e0024ea9df05bd6e53&variant=0_clicks_decay_96

This is a very good point, and one I did not fully realize/internalize. For many poor Americans, simply getting to a health care facility to get the vaccine is a challenge (poor public transportation/cost). In many of these settings access to information through the internet is also absent, as these homes do not have internet access.

So even finding a location to get a vaccine can be a challenge, and being informed of the safety of the vaccine is even more of a challenge.

It is not surprising that these communities have low vaccination rates. What is sad, is how little most care about this, as most Americans have zero idea about what living in actual poverty looks like.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3372 on: August 09, 2021, 07:24:25 PM »
Thanks for that link, Dr. B. The op-ed writer does a nice job of debunking some of the myths.

I was encouraged by quotes like this:

“We pretty quickly exhausted those who were easiest to reach and vaccinate,” Tara Smith, a public health professor at Kent State, told me. “This next phase is more difficult, but I don’t think it’s impossible to continue to get more people vaccinated. We just have to get creative.”

The writer suggested going home-to-home to distribute vaccines, something that a certain segment has equated with the government coming to do evil things.

In addition, she suggested guaranteed paid leave for those who get sick from the vaccine for a day or two, as routinely happens, as well as paid child-care where necessary. Both of which, of course, a segment of society would consider just another "handout" to the "takers."

One thing the writer doesn't really do is present factual evidence showing that for a large percentage (perhaps a majority?) of the un-vaxxed, it's simply been a choice -- "Don't Fauci my Ouchie!"

FWIW, here's a graphic from today's Washington Post that breaks things down by race and religion.

Of those groups, the one most likely to say, "No way ... I'm not getting that nasty shot," are white evangelical Christians.

Yet depending on the definition of "hesitant", Hispanics are the largest group of "non-accepters" which is interesting

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3373 on: August 09, 2021, 08:21:04 PM »
Yet depending on the definition of "hesitant", Hispanics are the largest group of "non-accepters" which is interesting

Shhh...that doesn't fit the agenda.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3374 on: August 09, 2021, 10:31:52 PM »

Agree. Hispanics are most “hesitant,” which IMHO means reluctant to get the vaccine but perhaps able to be convinced eventually.

But white evangelicals are, as a group, most likely to outright refuse the vaccine — according to this study, anyway.

I don’t think “Refuser” leaves much room for nuance, Wags, do you?

feedback